F1 again not to race in Bahrain?

It's simply naive to assume that every Bahraini is involved. Even in Syria, where the government is waging war on its people, most of them just keep living their lives. And Bahrain doesn't even get close to that. The majority of the violence (which was fairly small to begin with) took place last year. Yes, every now and then a death still occurs at a protest that turns violent, but saying that "Some or getting shot, some are doing the shooting" conjures up an image where peaceful protesters are walking through the streets only to get mowed down by government snipers. Again, that's Syria, not Bahrain. In Bahrain, the deaths are sporadic occurrences which can also happen at protests in Western countries.

Not Auschwitz, but Dachau :) But even if I hadn't been there, I still wouldn't doubt the holocaust because there is an extremely large amount of credible documentation on the topic - both oral and through literature. And that simply can't be said for Bahrain. But my beef with you wasn't even that you relied on relatively unreliable media reports on the topic - but rather that you made an assumption over the opinion of an entire people based on a picture that shows only the opinion of one person. If you had quoted a survey conducted according to scientific standards - hey, I wouldn't mind at all.

Trust me, I have read the translations of the originals from Plato and Aristotle. The quote means that, essentially, only someone with a vast amount of knowledge (such as Socrates) knows that his knowledge pales compared to what can be known. Someone who knows a little, might consider himself knowledgeable, but only because he doesn't know the world is full of things he has no clue about. I didn't use it the way Socrates intended it, but that doesn't make my use of it invalid.

Ok then, fair enough. I take your point.

But maybe you are in the same boat. I am convinced through the research I have done that what I say is correct, but of course there is a possibility it is wrong, as with everything. So how can you be so confident it's not happening?

I shouldn't have said ALL Bahraini's, but it is ALL Sunni's being abused. It is very reminiscent of Saddams Iraq, where one sect of Islam murdered another.

If you are Sunni in Bahrain, you do not have a choice, you are involved whether you like it or not, like being black in the USA in the 1880's. Persecution follows them around, it's not avoidable, they have no choice, they are involved.

bahrainv.jpg

Before this, I thought Ecclestone was a ruthless, and yes arrogant, but successful businessman. Yes, his methods and his attitudes were never going to please, but he got the job done, and he built up the sport I love.

That's what I used to think.

Now I know the truth.

Mr Ecclestone is a Pig of a man.

modedit: removed the part that really went too far

I think its very sad.
A few weeks ago a mother had to farewell her infant child to go off to jail for 5 years or so in Bahrain. Her crime was as a doctor to treat injured protesters.
This is a sign of systematic injustice, an abuse of power by an administration more focussed on its own power than on any form of natural justice.
The reason that F1 going or not going is important is that its a sign to the oppressed of "the West" saying "we don't give a toss about your problems, you the majority being oppressed by a minority, we have a very important car race to do".

Then we should not go to USA.

They have their right arm in Israel that is as we speak murdering scientists that are working in Iran to allow the country to build nuclear plants.
USA has invaded Iraq based on lies. They are now in Afghanistan despite nobody knowing what they are doing there.
Bin Laden is dead so why are you still up in the mountains?
They have a LONG history of conspiracy theories, some of them we know is actually true. (JFK did not die of a magic bullet) etc.
They are now a police state controlling the population with semi-automatics when there´s protests.
The poorer are getting poorer, the richer are getting richer.

But it´s "ok" apparently.

Officially, it is the FIA's decision for the race to happen or not, but I don't think that anyone that's followed Formula 1 for any length of time can honestly say that Bernie doesn't have the a large say in any decisions such as a race cancelleation, regardless of what rules and regualtions are written.

He is the defacto "dictator" of Formula 1 when it comes to when and where races happen.

Last year, Bernie was bailed out of having to make such a decision...to race or not race...by the race organizers of Bahrain and FOM was paid the full race fee, which is his main interest....that check. This year, those same organizers are adamant the race take place, in an attempt to show some sense of normalcy through the use of a very high-profle event....so, that check's not going to be issued this year without a race, barring a last minute change of mind by the Bahraini government.

A Formula 1 event is way too high of a profile event for people not happy with the way things are in their country to not attempt to make a statement of some sort, even if that statement is suppressed. It's too much of a chance for them not to try.

They have their right arm in Israel that is as we speak murdering scientists that are working in Iran to allow the country to build nuclear plants.
USA has invaded Iraq based on lies. They are now in Afghanistan despite nobody knowing what they are doing there.
They have a LONG history of conspiracy theories, some of them we know is actually true. (JFK did not die of a magic bullet) etc.
They are now a police state controlling the population with semi-automatics when there´s protests.

But it´s "ok" apparently.
Are you serious? :rolleyes:

Up to here it's just the usual left-wing ramblings, but this is where this really turns into a troll post for me:

And even if I were to take this serious, then I still don't see the parallels to Bahrain. At all.

Up to here it's just the usual left-wing ramblings, but this is where this really turns into a troll post for me:
And even if I were to take this serious, then I still don't see the parallels to Bahrain. At all.

That´s too bad Markus. Because this is reality. this is exactly what is going on with USA and the world.
They are invading the middle-east (fact)
They are building bombs capable of destroying bunkers below ground (fact)
they have invaded at the very least two countries based on either a lie or a dead person.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 423 39.7%