F1 2017

Hi.

New to AC and read so much about it's mod-friendly aspect that I thought I'd have a go at modding it myself. I didn't want to bother the community asking a bunch of noob questions on AC modding so I just did a bit of research which included having to download, install and learn to use some new software. It's been quite a challenge but most enjoyable. I had to come to grips with 3D modelling software and learn how to modify and map objects, then learn quite a bit about painting too.

Based on the KS Ferrari SF15T d/l content, I've so far manage to make an F1 2017 Renault, McLaren, Sauber and Williams. There all basically the same shape LOL but my 3D modelling skills are still pretty rudimentary, but at least they feature the new 2017 wider and lower rear wing, swept back front wing, sharkfins, larger barge boards and the all important wider tyres and track width. I'm rather chuffed with it so far and I cannot, nor have any intention of, uploading this or anything as it's just a personal project for fun. Besides, it's based on d/l content.

For me I play in VR, so the lack of subtle differences in body shape doesn't bother me, especially as I plan on only ever seeing these cars in my rearview mirror... LOL

I also modded the steering wheel a bit so it's got a larger gear display and made the DRS lights and a few other bits 'n bobs a bit easier to see.

So here's progress so far. Thanks to the community for the wealth of information available to allow fun little projects like this.
F1_2017_1st_4.jpg

Once racing gets underway and we know a bit more about performance I'll have to start studying physics so I can mod the new grip levels. For this I might have to ask some noob questions. As far as I can tell it's a bit of a dark art...

Hi Mr Pipp and welcome to Assetto Corsa and the world of modifications.
I really appreciate your enthusiasm but there are rules about modding which are valid for all. Maybe not here on RD as long as you make it all private for your own and never release your work everwhere.
First of all: Its not allowed to decryped any Kunos files at all.
It can never be the base of your work and you'll not get support for such things.
Second: Never mention the name F1 in relation to a modification. Big Brother is watching you.
Please don't get me wrong. It's just a well-meant hint.

Greets After_Midnight

Absolutely correct @After_Midnight

Its good that you have fun, but modifying Kunos content can get very ugly. If you do it, dont show it anywhere and keep it in private.

In general its not a good idea to base your work on someone elses work (unless you asked and got the permission).

And yeah, everything F1 related is dangerous aswell, there have been modders who had trouble with it.

Its nothing personal, but its healthier and safer for you to not touch this subject again

I appreciate your effort though. if you enjoy it keep practising and create your own content, the cars youd love to see in AC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back