F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

I am creating a Ford F1 Racing Team to replace Toro Rosso and I have a few questions.

1. Working in the JSON file you can change the car model to whatever you are model you want. In this case I've changed from Toro Rosso to Renault (Lotus). Can and or should you also change the 'Camera Collection' and 'Driver Number Model' to Renault (Lotus)?

2. Where can you change the 'Front End' graphics? For instance team selection screen?

3. Has anyone had any luck changing the performance of the Sauber team? Or are they so nerfed that they can't compete? For instance, I've just totally replaced their VTX file with the Ferrari VTX file, but they are still 1.9 seconds off the pace. Is the AI for Pascal and Marcus that trash?

Thanks folks!

I was thinking about doing a rather extensive mod where I replace Malaysia with Hockenheim using the f1 2016 files of the track. Does anyone think this is possible? I know I will not be able to play online with this, but I honestly don't care. I think it should be at least somewhat possible because the game is on the same engine, but I'm not entirely sure

• Deleted member 244321

I was thinking about doing a rather extensive mod where I replace Malaysia with Hockenheim using the f1 2016 files of the track. Does anyone think this is possible? I know I will not be able to play online with this, but I honestly don't care. I think it should be at least somewhat possible because the game is on the same engine, but I'm not entirely sure
Last month I tried changing tracks and it worked, but it has too much bugs that I don't know to fix, I tried with Hockenheim and unfortunately it doesn't work

Last month I tried changing tracks and it worked, but it has too much bugs that I don't know to fix, I tried with Hockenheim and unfortunately it doesn't work
its still showing the map for china, i wonder if its possible to correctly replace the map and then after that you would also have to convert the ai from 2016. needless to say, this is a very large mod to get working

I am creating a Ford F1 Racing Team to replace Toro Rosso and I have a few questions.

1. Working in the JSON file you can change the car model to whatever you are model you want. In this case I've changed from Toro Rosso to Renault (Lotus). Can and or should you also change the 'Camera Collection' and 'Driver Number Model' to Renault (Lotus)?

2. Where can you change the 'Front End' graphics? For instance team selection screen?

3. Has anyone had any luck changing the performance of the Sauber team? Or are they so nerfed that they can't compete? For instance, I've just totally replaced their VTX file with the Ferrari VTX file, but they are still 1.9 seconds off the pace. Is the AI for Pascal and Marcus that trash?

Thanks folks!

To No. 1: You can change the Camera Collection to Lotus (Renault). I didn't do that when I switched from Renault model to Toro Rosso and this made the cockpit cam sit very high, I don't know if the camera collection will fix this entirely, but you can give it a try.

To No. 1: You can change the Camera Collection to Lotus (Renault). I didn't do that when I switched from Renault model to Toro Rosso and this made the cockpit cam sit very high, I don't know if the camera collection will fix this entirely, but you can give it a try.
you don't fix it with camera collection, that (if I remember correctly) crashes the game, but rather by editing the camcars file and those ones.

Thanks folks!
2. in ui_package, they are in a lot of different places and you need to edit all of them.
3. I suppose that's the Sauber AI making them slow, the AI doesn't love a faster performance file

When I try to open williams.erp, haas.erp or force_india.erp in 3DSimED I always get this error:
Screenshot (145).png

What can I do?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%