F1 2017 Modding Questions Thread

Graham Laing

Retired Staff
F1 2017-RD-ModdingQuest.jpg

This thread is for F1 2017 modding questions only.

If you have technical questions, please post in this thread and nowhere else. Thanks :)

Note: Current uploaded file size limit is 500 MB per file, anything larger will need to be split into multiple parts/uploads.

Last edited:
I have managed to get textures out and in through EEA, it appears that the problem is entirely exporting, and using a version of EEA from launch 2016 which doesn't use Mips allows exporting some such as decals. It isn't a perfect system but it does work.

The important thing is, does it export helmets? xD
helmets are mostly in the mipmaps which I have not yet found a way to open, I'll have a look for them soon but anything with a decent size in the ERP can be exported with early EEA and edited and imported back in, the newer EEA seems to have a bug with importing which messes with colors though so I'd recommend old EEA for imports as well

Personnally I have no issue with ERP Archiver. Don't forget to set F1 2017 main directory in ERP Archiver. Also I export all texture file, and I get a normal size texture file (4096x4096).

Edit : For some reason I can open only certain helmets. I have an error on some and others open normally

Last edited:
Personnally I have no issue with ERP Archiver. Don't forget to set F1 2017 main directory in ERP Archiver. Also I export all texture file, and I get a normal size texture file (4096x4096).

Edit : For some reason I can open only certain helmets. I have an error on some and others open normally
When I try do that and export it says can't export because of a mismatch with the mipmap (even if mipmap is manually selected)

Okay I tried to use Grosjean or Hamilton (which you can export from incardriver with EEA 5.2) to overwrite mipmaps and then copy them and rename the mipmaps for other drivers but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%