F1 2017 F1 2017 Introduces the 2010 Red Bull RB6!

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 - Red Bull RB6 2010 Classic.png

Codemasters have revealed the fourth of the upcoming classic cars from F1 2017 - the 2010 championship winning Red Bull RB6!

With the announcement that Formula One 2017 will feature a return of the popular classic content last seen in 2013, Codemasters have revealed the fourth car coming to the game will be Sebastien Vettel and Mark Webber's 2010 championship winning Red Bull Renault RB6...

Already announced as part of the classics package are the 1988 McLaren MP4/4 (as driven by Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna), the 1992 Williams FW14B (raced by Nigel Mansell and Riccardo Patrese), and the 2002 Ferrari F2002 (piloted by Rubens Barrichello and Michael Schumacher), with further announcements expected on the build up to game release in August.

Red Bull RB6 2010 Introducing Trailer:
Vettel and Webber secured an incredible nine wins, 15 pole positions and six fastest laps across the 2010 Championship winning season, proving to be a springboard for the future success of a squad who up to that point had struggled to piece together consistently competitive race results over a full season.

According to Codemasters Christian Horner, Team Principal of Red Bull Racing said: “The RB6 is our first Championship winning car, and as such is very special to us. 2010 was a dream year for Red Bull Racing, to achieve our ambition and to do so in such a compelling and dominant fashion was a fitting testament to the car, the drivers and commitment of the team. We are delighted the RB6 is included in the new F1 game as a classic car, it’s certainly a classic to us and I’m sure gamers will love driving it and trying to recreate those golden moments on track.”

Formula One 2017 by Codemasters looks set to become one of the biggest and most in depth officially licenced F1 racing games released to date. Codemasters have been a little bit reluctant to revel much detail on what the game will feel like come release day, however the British developers have confirmed the new game will include an "even deeper career mode, numerous multiplayer enhancements, and a brand new ‘Championships’ game mode", which should be well received by the many fans of the official series.

Formula One 2017 will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in August 2017.

The Formula One 2017 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to be for all the latest news and discussions regarding the latest of the Formula One franchise of officially licenced games. Check in to keep track of the news and join in the discussion, and be sure to check out our racing club once the game releases to the public later this year!

Looking forward to F1 2017? Happy to see the 2010 RB6 coming to the classics portion of the game? Which other vehicles would you like to see? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Thanks for the post , i have never played any of the modern Codemasters F1 games , how good are they , is online good ?.
Cheers
online is pretty bad, cars teleport all over the track and most of the time the lobbies are set to ghosted cars.
the ffb is crap and the car doesn't feel connected to the road at all, your just skating all over the place like your tires are made out of plastic or something.

Classic content and classic content... Boosting sales with a car from here and there. Want to like F1 but this modern F1, blaah... I want classic season's with drivers tracks cars etc. And i know what are restrictions for those, and it's a huge shame that like new kids also cannot experience when everything was different. Glad there is games with modding so can enjoy somehow old F1. And 2010 Classic? Ok... :coffee:

Since Beta 1 ended, I could say (thanks PC) that 2010 Red Bull RB6 is the "newest" classic car in the next game. I have the full list, but sadly I don't think I can say more yet.
Anyway, a reminder guys - there will be a total of 12 classic cars, now we know 4. Remaining 8...
And also...
They need to overhaul the yearly releases. Next year bring out F1. Just not name it F1 2018. Just F1 or Formula 1. Then in 2019 add new tracks, DLC, graphics make over, and new features and such. but hold the 2018 season. Then every year or half year add more. Like bug fixes and all that.

Perhaps lower Formula too. Then suddenly you have one of the best 'racings hubs' for years. In 2050 they still speak of this game cause it's so awesome.

Yearly releases are so 00's.
Tell that to FIFA/PES/NBA 2K/NBA Live/Madden NFL/WWE series... :D

EDIT: And also, if Brawn BGP001 is considered classic and it's 2009, why Red Bull RB6 from 2010 is not classic then? It's not "previous" generation anymore.

Since Beta 1 ended, I could say (thanks PC) that 2010 Red Bull RB6 is the "newest" classic car in the next game. I have the full list, but sadly I don't think I can say more yet.
Anyway, a reminder guys - there will be a total of 12 classic cars, now we know 4. Remaining 8...
And also...

Tell that to FIFA/PES/NBA 2K/NBA Live/Madden NFL/WWE series... :D

EDIT: And also, if Brawn BGP001 is considered classic and it's 2009, why Red Bull RB6 from 2010 is not classic then? It's not "previous" generation anymore.

you participated it the beta?

Have they fixed automatic gears when exiting corners yet?
it gets stuck in first gear and over revs the engine instead of switching to 2nd or 3rd, you can't even override it yourself by upshifting manually because it automatically downshifts it's like it's set to jump gears based on speed rather than rev count.

anything you can share regarding ffb and physics?
FFB is really good improvement over 2016 (which was an improvement over 2015 lol); still not the level of AC or rF2 yet, but for not-a-sim game, I really enjoyed it - felt like I had more control over the car, felt when I'm losing grip and stuff.
Physics... Nothing much to say yet, base is 2016 physics which were decent. Of course, feels like much more grip because, y'know, this year's cars.
Have they fixed automatic gears when exiting corners yet?
it gets stuck in first gear and over revs the engine instead of switching to 2nd or 3rd, you can't even override it yourself by upshifting manually because it automatically downshifts it's like it's set to jump gears based on speed rather than rev count.
Sorry, didn't test Auto (only Manual w/ Suggested), can't say anything regarding this - remind me to check that later...

It wasn't really a problem with the FW14 on 2013 without turbo as you can mash the throttle without loosing the backend but for the turbo cars and 2014 onwards F1 it always gets stuck in gear at low speed hairpins like turn 7 at Abu Dhabi.

Also the 76 car and 80s F1 felt really loose and oversteery compared to the 90s F1 cars you couldn't really tell that 76 car was heavier or that the 80s cars had more grip.
Thankfully the 99 cars did feel like untamed rockets though throwing them violenty around turn 13/14 at Canada :)

Also hope we don't end up with 2014 style handling because of the wider 2017 tyres / more grip cos the cars felt like they where glued to the road on rails with understeer.

Last edited:
I don't know but 2017 looks to be another disappointing F1 licence game and it looks the same as 2016 to me. They added a "arcade" classic mode where you catch-up with each of the classic cars one by one...oh woopi....
Bargain bin purchase for sure..

online is pretty bad, cars teleport all over the track and most of the time the lobbies are set to ghosted cars.
the ffb is crap and the car doesn't feel connected to the road at all, your just skating all over the place like your tires are made out of plastic or something.

Any chance you could please attach a small abbreviation of your steering wheel :O_o: ?
Be nice to know which to wheels to avoid :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back