Cars Formula Hybrid 2017 by Race Sim Studio

Only downside is the amount of ugly wingelts on the front wing. The rulemakers should have banned them, in favor of an more clean and simple and therefore less aero-fragile design. Would be better for close racing, too. The rest of the car is looking nice, clean and sleek.
Agreed. These super complicated front wings, despite being very effective, mess up the airflow so bad its borderline impossible to follow.

Only downside is the amount of ugly wingelts on the front wing. The rulemakers should have banned them, in favor of an more clean and simple and therefore less aero-fragile design. Would be better for close racing, too. The rest of the car is looking nice, clean and sleek.
It's curious, rules are very tough on what you can do with aero surfaces all over the car, except for a fairly obvious area like the FW.

Some wip damage screenshots :)

C4pcwVdWYAAFTcU.jpg

C4pcwVbWIAA4DeK.jpg

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

More pics of that Manor of surfaced, this time showing the 'shark fin'. Looks awesome to me, a lot more elegant than the huge sails from 2011(? i think).
Looks like a blown front axle to me, and a first look at the new larger barge boards.

Great looking thing imo.

f1-manor-wind-tunnel-model-2017-manor-wind-tunnel-model-car.jpg

f1-manor-wind-tunnel-model-2017-manor-wind-tunnel-model-car.jpg

Just need a look at the rear now.

Any plans to add a similar shark fin, or is the model progressed too far to make large changes?
Sauber C36 ,
Looks to have one too ,
Maybe could add this feature , make it matt black and add it to another material maybe :)

Fast worker :D Looks slick too.

Only criticism I have (of the whole model) is the panel gap for the engine/sidepod cover - the seam seems a bit strange, not something I've seen in F1 cars before. What I mean is this section:

w1GlWoC.jpg

Minor point, still looks amazing :)
What I did was ,
Instead of just unwrapping all the rear of the car as one mesh , like most official cars ,
I cut each panel separate ,

Example A , One panel - One UV , One reflection ,
Example B , Separate panel - Separate reflections ,

I did it this way because real cars , have real panels , so have different reflections due to this ,

Fast worker :D Looks slick too.

Only criticism I have (of the whole model) is the panel gap for the engine/sidepod cover - the seam seems a bit strange, not something I've seen in F1 cars before. What I mean is this section:

w1GlWoC.jpg

Minor point, still looks amazing :)
upload_2017-2-21_13-10-47.png

If you look at the Lotus T125 for example ,
All the rear is just one single UV , Same on all the open seat cars ,
I prefer to have a more realistic reflection .

:roflmao: No, i think I must not have been clear, nothing wrong with the reflections or uv mapping, just the shape of the panel gaps.

I'm on my phone atm, but I'll try to annotate what i mean later.

:roflmao: No, i think I must not have been clear, nothing wrong with the reflections or uv mapping, just the shape of the panel gaps.

I'm on my phone atm, but I'll try to annotate what i mean later.
:D
Didnt think it was that obvious but there all that kinda shape lol ,
SF15T
upload_2017-2-21_15-13-29.png

upload_2017-2-21_15-14-50.png

I looked at like 3-4 different ones and just cut what looked kinda the nicest lines ,
:whistling:

:D
Didnt think it was that obvious but there all that kinda shape lol ,
SF15T
View attachment 174531
View attachment 174532

I looked at like 3-4 different ones and just cut what looked kinda the nicest lines ,
:whistling:

That's it though, the Ferrari one the seam is pretty much perpendicular to the other, whereas yours sort of merge into one in a strange manner.

Like I said, very insignificant, minor detail - just being fussy because I'm so excited about this project! :D

Reactions: CC
That's it though, the Ferrari one the seam is pretty much perpendicular to the other, whereas yours sort of merge into one in a strange manner.

Like I said, very insignificant, minor detail - just being fussy because I'm so excited about this project! :D
Would have been a lot easier to cut a straight line lol :D
I added more shape to it , so it sweeps more ))

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back