• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured F1 2017 - A Sim Racing Review (and a Giveaway too..)

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,088
    F1 2017 Review.jpg
    Formula One 2017 from Codemasters promises plenty of bang for your buck, but does it deliver? We take the game for a spin and find out what makes this new racing title tick...

First things first we have to applaud Codemasters for the job they have done with regards to filling out the content in F1 2017. Gone are the apparent yearly recycle of older games, and in it's place we have plenty of new (old) content, expanded online and career features and what promises to be a totally overhauled handling system in the new game. This is refreshing and a step in the right direction for a series that honestly started to feel a little jaded in recent years.

Now with the new stuff on the surface, have Codemasters managed to pull everything together in a coherent way, and more importantly does the game live up to the hype? Only one way to find out, watch our review video below....

As mentioned in the article headline, we have some copies of F1 2017 on PC to give away to lucky readers! If you fancy your chances of winning a copy of Codemasters brand new Formula One game, check out the review above and try your luck!

See you all on track August 25th.... !

Formula One 2017 releases Friday August 25th on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

F1 2017 Review 2.jpg F1 2017 Review 3.jpg F1 2017 Review 4.jpg F1 2017 Review 5.jpg

If you like your Formula One games then get yourself over to the Formula One 2017 sub forum and join in the discussion! We will be having Club and League racing once the game goes live, mods, car setups, news and chat, all for you to enjoy! Join in, have fun and go discuss!

Have you enjoyed our review? Do you feel more or less inclined to purchase the game following our video? Do you think F1 2017 can lift itself up to the top of the F1 series quality pile? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Austin Ogonoski

Austin Ogonoski

Ratings:
    +305
    Predictions:

Sim racers will scoff at this game because it isn't an ultra-stale ISI powered title that hates fun.

But everyone who does play it will call it a modern grand prix legends.

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 6
    • Haha x 5
    • Love x 1
    • Sad x 1
  3. Naliport Halulam

Naliport Halulam

Ratings:
    +40
    Am I the only one that find the graphics weird ?

The game sound promising tho.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. alex1994128

alex1994128

Ratings:
    +84
    played the beta and had a blast, the tyre model is much improved and you now really feel the weight of the car and the tyre scrubbing on the surface, engine management and temperatures are a big thing and setups are very well done aswell, with things like 11 ballast and all left /right camber and toe being eliminated.

It's quite easy to pick up, simply bc these cars have insane grip but once you hit the limit and try to squeeze out the last inches of tiem they feel so satisfying to drive

imo whats missing a bit are the kerbs again with the new suspension model being quite stiff and also track limits on strict settings are too lean in my view.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  5. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +232
    If I got to create an instagram account I think the giveaway is not for me...

Anyway the game looks promising, but don't know if I will feel like a feel when I run AMS:inlove:

• Agree Agree x 10
  6. Jamie Blewitt

Jamie Blewitt

Ratings:
    +50
    Really looking forward to the game. I'm not expecting an out and out simulation, but it should be close enough and has the added advantage of actually giving me an objective other than to win the race and then start over again like I do in R3E and RF2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. MarkR

MarkR
    Premium

Ratings:
    +161
    Looking forward to playing this on Friday, I noticed the disc-based copies are already on the shelves today. As with 16 I expect it to be a highly playable game which is ideal for titles like this.

8. Gopher04

Gopher04
    Old But Not Obsolete..(Steam: Gopher04) Premium

Ratings:
    +328
    Will be interesting to see if they have improved the sim for the 2nd year running..
    @Joseph Wright ..have a shave man you scruffy urchin..;)

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +2,892
    Same here, I don't do social media. The game looks the same as last years to me but then again i'm old with old eyes. Yes agreed with news that the game has better handling I'll will buy it because I am a F1 fanatic.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +70
    35 fps and a weird slip angle at 1080p?

Count me in. :thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +70
    Did you notice a Denuvo warning on the box?

12. RinusDirtRally

RinusDirtRally
    First to complete DR and longest playtime award. Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    Ah man. I would love to buy F1 licensed game, but what makes me not to is that it's a yearly release. Like a said in earlier topics. I would love to change F1 to a F1 hub. Where you just buy the game, perhaps with a small fee per half year or adapt the R3E model, but Codies will update the game, roster, physics every year. So it looks more like a game, less like Fifa. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Durge Driven

Durge Driven

Ratings:
    +23
    I think it is settings or hardware could not be that bad surely

The screen of Eau Rouge is a shocker, jags and shiny bits everywhere and look at the terrible DOF effect ...wow

On far right what are all the white specks in trees ?

Most telling for me is his comments on pit-stops, what is the use of a quick race with stop let alone a career

14. dcully

dcully

Ratings:
    +37
    He likes to say "amazing"

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +152
    Unless I hear something that makes me think otherwise, this will be a wait-for-a-steam-sale title for me. I've got 2016 - it's good, but not $60 good (at least not for my tastes).

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. MarkR

MarkR
    Premium

Ratings:
    +161
    No I didn't notice that.

17. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    Pre-ordered the 2016 and never had that much time to play :cautious: because of the usual suspects R3E, AMS, AC & RF2.
    Will probably pick F1 2017 once on sale because of the g' old classics :sneaky:.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Santiago Garcia

Santiago Garcia

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey @Joseph Wright great video.

I want to ask you something that no one is talking about: the setups. I know the game comes with the same 1-11 setup fantasy system as every year but what about the setups impact on the car performance. Can you really feel the difference between different wings, suspension or roll bar settings?

I hope you can talk about on the next videos.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Carlitox

Carlitox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +25
    Wow, didn't actually expect to get my question answered in the video! Thanks a lot for that! Most people are gonna bash the game because it doesn't live up to hardcore sims. Of course it won't, they want to cater to the masses and if you put regular Joe in AC or AMS with no helps, he's gonna get frustrated and refund it. I know it's gonna be a little bit watered down, and I don't really care. I like the game style, I'm a bit bummed that the car models have no rake but I can get past that, and above all, I absolutely ADORE the career. So unless some graphics or game breaking mishap falls upon me on friday, I don't expect to be dissapointed.

Bring on 2017! Last game with no halo!

20. Leynad777

Leynad777
    Premium

Ratings:
    +66
    No VR, so I don't care. Enough alternatives to choose till pCars 2 anyway. By the way: Pre-ordered it for 32 Euros on Instant Gaming.

• Like Like x 1