F1 2016 WIP Thread

NOT CREATED EQUAL -HYPE-
- Making Career Mod Interesting Again
- Being Released Friday

I must admit, I like this year’s Career Mode. It can be as lengthy as I like, and for the initial seasons, it has a nice RPG performance element in RnD. That being said, there were some flaws and room for improvements. Not Created Equal intends to change this with some rather sever balance tweeks – but before I talk about what my mod alters, let’s first look at how the Vanilla Career Mod plays.

Vanilla.

Starting out, all teams have a set performance. Worst teams have performance stats which simply makes them slower in areas such as Acceleration, Top Speed and Cornerning. The upgrades you put on your car via RnD improve these stats, making your car faster. The AI has these upgrades too, making their car faster. But there is two problems.

::: 1 ::: There is only a slight variability between the upgrades on each car. If each team upgraded their car at the same rate, they will always remain in the same relative performance with each other (the performance gap closes slightly but that is all). See this graph which plots Upgrades Level (1-5, each being a full set of 5 upgrades) against performance in seconds.

2wn439e.jpg

This means, once all the teams have their upgrades, there is little chance of variable racing. Sauber and Manor will always be back markers, no matter what the player has done to improve them.

::: 2 ::: The play can out upgrade the AI initially. While in season 1, the AI has one full level of upgrades on their car, the Player can easily get 2-3. Watching Tiametmarduk’s Ultimate AI Career Mode, he is one short of all level 3 upgrades before he ceased RnD for season 1. At his rate, he’ll have maxed out RnD by season 2 while the AI will spend at least 3 more seasons catching up.

As he is playing Manor, what this means for him, is by the end of Season 2, his Manor will be a title contender. But by Season 5-6 his Manor will be a back marker once again.

I dislike this because (a) Should Manor be able to improve over every other car that quickly and reliably? (b) All this hard work gets thrown out in later seasons as the other cars begin to over take him again. Yes, Season 3-5 maybe fun as he struggles to keep the car near the front, but season 6# onwards is going to be a very repetitive event.

These are the areas which Not Created Equal will improve on.

Not Created Equal.

:::Feature 1::: Any Car Can Become a Front Runner!

I adjust each car’s RnD gains so that, every car will have similar performance come the End of Upgrading Everything.

w8uvd1.jpg

With a gap so close, in this instance, no car will have an outright advantage over another. This solves the initial problem of having your Manor always at the back after all the upgrades are done.

But…

:::Feature 2::: Still Want Tiers?

Not Created Equal comes with a set of files which lets you ALTER the final tier of each car. I have added for each car:

Level 1 RnD – RnD Performance is Not So Good

Level 2 RnD – RnD performance is Average

Level 3 RnD. – RnD performance is Best

So want a Vanilla standings, have your Backmarkers at level 1, midfields at level 2, and front runners at level 3 – and you get this

9hkz7d.jpg

Bored of the Ferrari, Mercedes, Redbull and Williams always at the front, and want your back markers to end up being better in the end? Mix and Match their RnD Levels so the vanilla front runners are at level 1, and your vanilla backmarkers at at level 3, and you end up with this:

rbfsq0.jpg

Mix and Match Files, or you give each team their RnD Level at the end of each season, based on their performance during the season itself (i.e., give teams which have higher constructors points, better RnD Levels).

I have taken great care to ensure that the cars are no clones of each other. Red Bull still have amazing downforce, Williams still have the best drag reduction of everyone, etc etc.

So great! We have sorted out what happens once all the upgrades have been gotten. But we still have a predictable raise from the Initial standing, to Season 5. Everyone improves gradually, but no major changes are made… until

::: Feature 3 ::: Not Equal RnD

Firstly, I have altered the RnD such that the First Level of items is really good, the middle three levels only give slight performances while the final level is quite a bit better again.

waqdub.jpg

At first this may seem an odd thing to do, but what this next feature does is “Add Random Variations to each Upgrade”. This creates some chaos, particularly with AI comparisons (let’s put everyone at Level 3 RnD and compare this to the graph in Feature 1):

vrzpjp.jpg

Each upgrade maybe Average, maybe AMAZING, or may actually give no performance upgrade at all. I like this idea as when the factory makes a new part, we have seen in real f1 race trim that sometimes these new parts just don’t do anything meaningful at all. At the same time, an Rnd Part could be SO amazing, that it simply boosts your performance well above other surrounding teams.

Fear not, there is a limit on variability – you won’t see a back marker become the best car in one upgrade. But it certainly allows interesting things to happen from season 1-5.

Look at Mercedes in the above graph. They’ll start out the best, their first upgrades are a letdown and Red Bull at ahead perforence wise. Merc’s second upgrades get them back on top, but their next two put them in the midfield, but then their final upgrade elevates them again to having just a tiny edge.

Meanwhile, Sauber are constantly last through all 4 initial upgrades, but their final upgrade is an absolute Beast, putting them above everyone (abiet it by less then a tenth).

So now, the upgrades are randomised somewhat – meaning lots of shake ups in the first few seasons. The variation carries onto the last upgrade, meaning that randomly the cars can be in any order once the final upgrades are on the car. At this stage, you can change team’s RnD Levels to create spread amoung the cars, having whichever teams you want on top at the end.

Don’t worry, this graph isn’t what you will definatly end up with. Who knows what you’ll end up with – as I can regenerate the files with different values so your performances may end up like this, this or this:

e00l09.jpg

::: Feature 4 ::: Car Builds.

Looking back at our Sauber with worst then average RnD at the initial levels. It’s not always fun to have the worst car, despite your best efforts. So at the start of each season, you can select the build for your car. Each level has a few builds, though I have only created two for initial release:

Level 1 RnD – Poor and Troubled

Level 2 RnD – Average and Experimental

Level 3 RnD – Solid and Exploitational

The Poor, Average and Solid builds are much like the graphs above. But Troubled, Experimental and Exploitational are alterative builds you can select for each car instead. These have their variance increased more then their counterparts. This means, if you are sick of your back of the pack Sauber Poor Build, try the Troubled Build – you May end up with a car that jumps over the local optision and puts you in the midfield – in which case your gamble has paid off. Or, it might be even more of a dog of a car – and put you even further behind! Sure, the gamble didn’t pay off, and you’ll have one season of hell – but at least you get the option to try something different – and that option isn’t perminant. This is much like McLaren’s gamble to use the Honda Engine instead of a safer option – it could have been amazing, but it turns out that it wasn’t.

As more time goes, I want to release more Builds per RnD level, so we can keep experimenting, finding the ‘best’ build for our car possible, for any given stage of the career.

::: Feature 5 ::: Challenge Mode:

Having have an alternative to overcome the flaws I saw in career mode to create a more dynamic field, there is one left. The Player can outpace the AI’s performance.

Once answer to this has been – remove the Practice sessions UI’s. No Flags in acclimatisation, no meter in tyre wear test, no deltas for qualifying performance. This makes them harder, and thus, you get less resource points and you are more on par with AI. Or maybe you skip practice. Or maybe you really struggle with those practice programs anyway (especially if you are playing on a difficulty slightly above your level – If these apply to you, then great! This feature is unneeded. But I thought about one more alternative for those whose resource points spiral out of control, and you burn through all the upgrades by season 2/3.

Challenge Mode:

Let’s say, you drive McLaren – by default a Level 2 RnD Average Car.

Normally, you’d get lots of resource points, have your first 15 upgrades by the time the AI has just about got 5. By the time you have all the upgrades, you’re stocking up resource points for… no reason whatsoever. Challenge mod changes this:

Using an Excel sheet (supplied with the mod) At the start of the season you tell it how many Resource points you have, how many updates you have and what RnD Level you have.

It then tells you, ‘if you want a Level 3 RnD car – you MUST have (for example) 10,000 resource points at the end of the season’. Or ‘If you only have (for examples) 3,000 resource points at the end of the season, you must move your RnD Level down to 1! Where you finish in the constructors championship will give you a modifier to your resource points (overachive, get +2000, underchiave, -3000).

This creastes Resource Management of these resource points. You must plan how to use the ones you get this season. Use too many upgrading every component, you’ll suffer next season with a car that’s slower. Don’t use any, you’ll fall behind everyone else component wise, but you maybe better set for next season – or because you’ve not kept pace, you under achieve in the constructors championship and you’ve got a worse car again.

This make the first 5 seasons a balancing act of upgrading your car vs keeping enough resource points investing in next years car, ensuring it doesn’t lag behind the competition.

At the end of the 5 seasons, once all upgrades are done (ish) it becomes important to get each resource point available in order to move your car upto the next level.

Just to keep things balance, the Excel sheet also recommends the builds of all the other cars on the grid based on their constructors points (unfortunately – we cannot see what they’re doing with resource points, if indeed they get them at all and just don’t randomly generate how they upgrade)

::: Additional Half Feature ::: Rule Changes

Season 5-10 are still going to be a little less dynamic then maybe you would like. So whenever you want, you can have a wildcard season!

Simulating major F1 rule changes, the grid becomes far more jumbled then it has previous years. To simulate this, the above Excel sheet allows for a wildcard season, picking random(ish) RnD levels and builds for each car. Its recommended to do this once the game as become a little stale, around Season 6-8. By which time, this random change means that you may have to rebuild your team once more (by ascending RnD levels) to have one last claim to glory before the end of Season 10.

This is all on the ‘honour’ system of course. How you setup your game world is entirely upto you. But if you want to play the game, and have a ‘tied hands’ approach to how the game world creates itself, then Challenge Mode and Rule Changes are for you.

Final

Between this and all the above features, I think there is enough Dynamic in Career mode again for me to keep playing for at least several years, instead of starting over once things get stale – which is what I would do by season 5 in vanilla.

This will also work with existing seasons, however expect some major performance shake-ups if you do install in an existing save. Its always best to do it at the end of a season and immerse yourself by saying that the next season involves this ‘Rule change’.

I intend to release more builds and update the performances after testing – but as this is a mod which sees changes based on the AI’s upgrade schedule, it requires a lot of time invested to truly test everything – So this mod will sit in the ‘to be continually updated and patched over the next few months’. But each update will be compatible with current Save Games, so don’t feel that a new release means you need to restart your career.

Baring no major testing issues, this should be released Friday. But there is still time for you to give me some final ideas, requests, and suggestions before release. My hands are tied in a few areas (I would rather upgrades were universally more expensive for the player but Challenge Mode is the best I can do).

Well, Initial testing is going well. At the very least, it's not breaking the game, tonight I'll do some longer term career testing just to confirm that things are near to what they should be.

I don't suppose anyone has a 5-year in game career mode Save File handy? That would save me spending hours summing through the mode.

While I have simulated all these changes, there's no guarantee my simulation is 100% accurate. So when this is released, feel free to report back what's going on in your games, what files your running and what your experiences have been.

In my experience, even when cars are perfectly equal, Driver AI is not. This means, on equal footing, Hamilton will still beat Errickson. I've concentrated a lot on Team Performance so far, so if anyone has experiences editing the AI (I have noticed each track has an AI file) then please share - as it's probably the next thing I look into once this mod is settled.

Also, Each Build (for all 11 cars) now only takes a 20 minutes to simulate, convert to Xml and convert to Erp. So if anyone has some cool ideas on how 'one set of equal-ish cars' can be separated differently from another set of Equal-ish cars', feel free to suggest ideas (I have been content simply by adding balanced random variables)

Well, Initial testing is going well. At the very least, it's not breaking the game, tonight I'll do some longer term career testing just to confirm that things are near to what they should be.

I don't suppose anyone has a 5-year in game career mode Save File handy? That would save me spending hours summing through the mode.

While I have simulated all these changes, there's no guarantee my simulation is 100% accurate. So when this is released, feel free to report back what's going on in your games, what files your running and what your experiences have been.

In my experience, even when cars are perfectly equal, Driver AI is not. This means, on equal footing, Hamilton will still beat Errickson. I've concentrated a lot on Team Performance so far, so if anyone has experiences editing the AI (I have noticed each track has an AI file) then please share - as it's probably the next thing I look into once this mod is settled.

Also, Each Build (for all 11 cars) now only takes a 20 minutes to simulate, convert to Xml and convert to Erp. So if anyone has some cool ideas on how 'one set of equal-ish cars' can be separated differently from another set of Equal-ish cars', feel free to suggest ideas (I have been content simply by adding balanced random variables)

I've hit a Rather Large Snag, but thought I would share this for anyone interested in modding performance.

Just done a Bahain Season 2 Test. My Sauber has all the upgrade done having used a cheat. Other teams have bits and pieces of of some upgrades, but for the most part, I am going to talk about me and my team mate Ericsson.

Vanilla Game: I get a 1,33.2, Ericsson a 1.33.3...
I'm puting in Generic half decent laps in, not going 100%, but these are used as a baseline.

Mod Dud Research Car (less improvement from Vanilla). I now get a 1.36.0
Which is working as intended. The Dud car was meant to fail nu a good 3 seconds. But
Ericsoon gets a 1.33.4
Just one tenth slower... now that isnt supposed to happen.

Mod Solid Research Car (best Sauber in my Mod) I now get a 1.33.0

(with room for improvement - going from Dud to Solid moved all my braking points a lot)..
But again working as intended. The Sauber is meant to be on par with a fully upgraded Merc in my Mod - So putting in times like this is expected.
Ericsoon gets a 1.33.2
So, between two files which change car performance a fill 3 seconds, my teammate gets only 0.1 second bonus. There is no way this can be correct.

So I test my mod "Created Equal", which puts all cars on Mercedes level.

I get a 1.32.2 (this is what my Solid Research Sauber should be getting - so fine, I may need to boost that a little - Id depends how the Random Variation Element played out for Sauber).
Ericson gets a 1.32.9

So, in a Car with Modified Upgrades...I go from a Dud to a Solid car gaining 3 seconds, while Ericsson gets 0.1.
In a Car with Modded Starting statistics... I go from Sauber Level to Mercedes Level and gain a second, while Ericsson gets 0.5 seconds.

This leads me to just one conclusion:
The AI (including your partner) do NOT use the same upgrades as you!.

Althernate Explanations don't work:
- If they are fixed by speed purely on their AI, Ericsson wouldn't have found a full half a tenth with modded starting improvements.
- If they do take the same upgrades as you, Ericsson should not be driving an aweful car with upgrades modded to being only 30% as effective to the same speed as vanilla.

So yeah - who would have guessed that was a thing.

@TheFlamingRed

It would be interesting to know which upgrades your AI team mate gets. As well in which file this is determined. Shouldn't be that you both get the same upgrades or your AI team mate gets them a race later cause isn't this what they do that the 2nd driver gets them later? Or when you are the 2nd driver you get them a race later.

Anyways I like the progress you are making although I have no idea what you are cause so much has changed since F1 2010 when I modded for the last time.

@TheFlamingRed

It would be interesting to know which upgrades your AI team mate gets. As well in which file this is determined. Shouldn't be that you both get the same upgrades or your AI team mate gets them a race later cause isn't this what they do that the 2nd driver gets them later? Or when you are the 2nd driver you get them a race later.

Anyways I like the progress you are making although I have no idea what you are cause so much has changed since F1 2010 when I modded for the last time.

I didn't explain it very well. I was still processing as it's caused quite a large change to my mod.

In my mod, we both start off as vanilla Saubers. But our Upgrade gains have been increased in the Performance files. As such, my Fully Upgraded Sauber should rapidly increase to the pace of a fully upgraded Mercedes. So instead of -6kg of Chassis coming off the ca. In my Best cars, per upgrade. it maybe -10kg (so -50kg total). In my Dud Car above, it maybe -2kg (-10kg total). The same for all the other components.

So, I can completely feel the difference when going between my two cars. Hence the 3 second gap I experience.
However, my team mate feels no difference at all - but we should theoretically be driving the exact same car. In previous game, you're right, sometimes my teammate would get an update before me, but this game completely changes the rules on RnD - and I don't believe there's a feature where one car is upgraded more then another.

Anyway, Me and Ericsson are completely overpowered at this point of the season anyway, with all our upgrades. Our 1.33.x are getting up Pole and Second - So in Vanilla he must have the same updates as me.

What he isn't having though, is the same effect of the updates then me. While I struggle with my -10kg car, and fly with my -50kg car, He remains a nice steady pace - probably somewhere in the middle. More then likely, he's feeling the default -30kg chassis upgrades while I am feeling the effects of my modded upgrades.

In a test I have litereally just done, I changed our Level 5 chassis weight to -500kg. When I am driving, I hit 8 gear and max revs about 3 seconds into a straight (the car is uncontrolable for the most part, I can't do a lap without crashing into a wall). Ericsson is just happily cooking along, slow as a sauber.

Needless to say, my RnD levels from my mod will now have to have initial performance tweaks too, which was a balance issue I was originally shyed away from - but isn't too much more work (and will actually make things easier to balance in the long run).

But yes, anyone who is tweaking the Upgrade Values, know it only affects your car. The AI's upgrades are either a) have their default values elsewhere or b) simply have their AI scripts changed to go a little faster. Note though, if you alter the starting car setup, they DEFINITLY feel that.

And also ;) F1 2010 was the last game I modded too :D Looks like this year's game finally bought us all back.

I didn't explain it very well. I was still processing as it's caused quite a large change to my mod.

In my mod, we both start off as vanilla Saubers. But our Upgrade gains have been increased in the Performance files. As such, my Fully Upgraded Sauber should rapidly increase to the pace of a fully upgraded Mercedes. So instead of -6kg of Chassis coming off the ca. In my Best cars, per upgrade. it maybe -10kg (so -50kg total). In my Dud Car above, it maybe -2kg (-10kg total). The same for all the other components.

So, I can completely feel the difference when going between my two cars. Hence the 3 second gap I experience.
However, my team mate feels no difference at all - but we should theoretically be driving the exact same car. In previous game, you're right, sometimes my teammate would get an update before me, but this game completely changes the rules on RnD - and I don't believe there's a feature where one car is upgraded more then another.

Anyway, Me and Ericsson are completely overpowered at this point of the season anyway, with all our upgrades. Our 1.33.x are getting up Pole and Second - So in Vanilla he must have the same updates as me.

What he isn't having though, is the same effect of the updates then me. While I struggle with my -10kg car, and fly with my -50kg car, He remains a nice steady pace - probably somewhere in the middle. More then likely, he's feeling the default -30kg chassis upgrades while I am feeling the effects of my modded upgrades.

In a test I have litereally just done, I changed our Level 5 chassis weight to -500kg. When I am driving, I hit 8 gear and max revs about 3 seconds into a straight (the car is uncontrolable for the most part, I can't do a lap without crashing into a wall). Ericsson is just happily cooking along, slow as a sauber.

Needless to say, my RnD levels from my mod will now have to have initial performance tweaks too, which was a balance issue I was originally shyed away from - but isn't too much more work (and will actually make things easier to balance in the long run).

But yes, anyone who is tweaking the Upgrade Values, know it only affects your car. The AI's upgrades are either a) have their default values elsewhere or b) simply have their AI scripts changed to go a little faster. Note though, if you alter the starting car setup, they DEFINITLY feel that.

And also ;) F1 2010 was the last game I modded too :D Looks like this year's game finally bought us all back.
Can you explain to me why F1 2016 has a handling vtf file in both the F1 2016/asset_groups/vehicle package and F1 2016/vehicle package folder?

A lot has changed though, I tried to bring in another helmet cause the standards ones are pretty boring for my liking but all I got was a headless driver. No more pssg files but now it's all in erp files and with mipmaps and it makes me go ??

Can you explain to me why F1 2016 has a handling vtf file in both the F1 2016/asset_groups/vehicle package and F1 2016/vehicle package folder?

I can tell you the F1 2016/vehicle package folder does...

Nothing... nothing at all.

Neither you nor the AI recognize any changes it. In fact, you can delete the entire folder and the game will still run (in career mode anyway, I don't tend to race much online - and if I do, always replace everything I have done with Vanilla).

So as to why its there... Sloppy Developer forgot to delete it maybe?

Obviously. F1 2016/asset_groups/vehicle package is one of the main things they're using to balance the racing portion of the game (as you can see by their changes from the last major patch). Myabe they have a macro that takes their changes from the one in the F12016 folder and inserts it into the Asset folder. Why its in the installation folder taking up 328MB and not on their Documents Folder at Codemasters HQ is beyond me.

I need some help in regards to my Williams Martini game add on I'm planning to release asap (see page before for WIP shots).

The .dds files all need to be placed in certain erp files using the EGO Archiver. Creating the mipmaps files to "drop and drag" will not work (The known fading issue happens if this is done) with this so it will be a little bit of work for the user to get them in game. If you are familiar with the EGO archiver then it will be a doddle but I'm worried for people who don't use it.

MaDoTTeR-Williams-Martini-Racing.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Iain.

Last edited:
Here's my detailed instructions (this will be in the downloadable file as a readme), are these okay?

"
First of all, MAKE BACKUPS BEFORE YOU START.

You'll need to download the Ego ERP Archiver from https://ryder25.itch.io/ego-erp-archiver if you don't already have it.

Each file needs to be placed in the correct .erp file using the ERP Archiver to avoid the known fading issue that happens with this game.

Open ERP Archiver, go to settings and select "F1 2016 Directory" and select "Set Directory".
Navigate to YOUR DRIVE/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/F1 2016 and click "Select Folder"

Then navigate using "File/Open" or Ctrl+O

When you open each .erp file, make sure you select "Textures" from the tabs as it will probably be set to "All Resources" by default.

There's a search bar on the left when you have opened the .erp to easily find the files to replace. I usually just type "will" and it brings up all the Williams files.

Select the appropriate file from the list and click "Textures" from the top bar and then "Import" and then select the matching file from this set.

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE/OVERWITE EACH .ERP AND .MIPMAPS FILE BEFORE MOVING ON TO THE NEXT.

Open pitstop.erp (F1 2016/asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/pitstop/2016) and replace the following file(s):

2016-williams_pitcrew_d.tga
2016-williams_pitcrew_helmet_d.tga
lapboard_williams_01_d.tga

Open idle_common.erp (F1 2016/asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/careerhub) and replace the following file(s):

2016-williams_racecrew_d.tga

Open garagecrew.erp (F1 2016/asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/garagecrew) and replace the following file(s):

Open garagecrew.erp (F1 2016/asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/garagecrew/2016) and replace the following file(s):

team_decal_2016_01_d.tga
team_williams_tablet_2016_01_d.tga

Open common_sponsors_2016.erp (F1 2016/asset_groups/environment_package/tracks) and replace the following file(s):

team_williams_garage_2016_d.tga
team_williams_sundries_2016_d.tgaout

Open melbourne_2016.erp (F1 2016/asset_groups/environment_package/tracks/melbourne/wep) and replace the following file(s):

pit_perch_williams_a_2015_01_d.tga

*!!YOU ONLY NEED TO DO MELBOURNE AS IT WILL USE THIS FILE FOR ALL TRACKS!!*

Open williams.erp (F1 2016/asset_groups/f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/williams/wep) and replace the following file(s):

williams_paint.tga
williams_sfc.tga

Open incardriver.erp (F1 2016/asset_groups/animation_package/scenes/incardriver/2016) and replace the following file(s):

valtteri_bottas_cap_d.tga
felipe_massa_helmet_d.tga
2016-williams_livery_d.tga
2016-williams_logo_01_d.tga
2016-williams_umbrella_d.tga
felipe_massa_helmet_d.tga
valtteri_bottas_helmet_d.tga

DONE!

This ensures each file is placed correctly in the game and comes out at FULL quality and suffers NO FADING which occurs when you just "drag and drop" premade .mipmaps files.

I know it's a longer process than what many are used to but this is the proper way of doing it and gives perfect results.

I really hope you enjoy my work :)
"

Thanks,
Iain.

Last edited:
I can tell you the F1 2016/vehicle package folder does...

Nothing... nothing at all.

Neither you nor the AI recognize any changes it. In fact, you can delete the entire folder and the game will still run (in career mode anyway, I don't tend to race much online - and if I do, always replace everything I have done with Vanilla).

So as to why its there... Sloppy Developer forgot to delete it maybe?

Obviously. F1 2016/asset_groups/vehicle package is one of the main things they're using to balance the racing portion of the game (as you can see by their changes from the last major patch). Myabe they have a macro that takes their changes from the one in the F12016 folder and inserts it into the Asset folder. Why its in the installation folder taking up 328MB and not on their Documents Folder at Codemasters HQ is beyond me.

The normal vehicle folder houses the high resolution textures for close up views and the asset_group houses the lower quality ones for further away views. I believe this helps the game run smoother so it's not having to process 4K sized textures for the whole screen.

The normal vehicle folder houses the high resolution textures for close up views and the asset_group houses the lower quality ones for further away views. I believe this helps the game run smoother so it's not having to process 4K sized textures for the whole screen.

I'll have to test it again, but I when I deleted the entire folder, I didn't notice any difference in graphics either.

But then again, I am a very Game Mechanics over Game Athestics person, so there's a good chance I wouldn't have noticed. I don't think I've modded a livery of a car or helmet once.

Well, after another few hours work, I was able to fix the issue I was having my modifying the car's starting statistics.
Now our fully upgraded Sauber does:

Vanilla@ Me: 1.33.3 - Ericsson 1.33.2 (Fully upgraded Sauber)
Dud@ Me: 1..34.0 - Ericsson 1.34.1 (it was designed to be an average 1 second slower then vanilla)
Solid@ Me 1.32.5 - Ericsson 1.32.2 (this is designed to put a fully upgraded sauber as fast as a fully upgraded Mercedes, and it's looking about right).

All the builds in the middle look about right too. :) So a final few tests and It's looking good for the initial release.

Well, after another few hours work, I was able to fix the issue I was having my modifying the car's starting statistics.
Now our fully upgraded Sauber does:

Vanilla@ Me: 1.33.3 - Ericsson 1.33.2 (Fully upgraded Sauber)
Dud@ Me: 1..34.0 - Ericsson 1.34.1 (it was designed to be an average 1 second slower then vanilla)
Solid@ Me 1.32.5 - Ericsson 1.32.2 (this is designed to put a fully upgraded sauber as fast as a fully upgraded Mercedes, and it's looking about right).

All the builds in the middle look about right too. :) So a final few tests and It's looking good for the initial release.

What was the problem?

What was the problem?

Well, I couldn't make Ericsson take on board what the cars upgrades where doing no matter what I tried. I reckon it must be hard coded somewhere else. It's easier to brush off 21 AI with one constant upgrade amount rather then 11 separate amounts from 11 separate sources.

So instead of Increasing the Upgrade performance to make all cars "potentially equal" (they'll only be near equal of they each cars are on the same build - and the random variations turn out to be near zero).all I did was balance the starting performance with where They their upgrades were naturally heading too. The AI like having their initial performance tweaked - so they're all up to speed depending on the build. This wasn't my original plan but it works nearly the same,

However, still managed to get some random elements in, so should produce some entertainment. You'll feel the individual upgrades variation more then your teammate, but that's not always horrible. Even if you are really good, sometimes Fernando is faster than you.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back