Worth to upload?

Attachments

• 0529f25cce52511faef6831e1322121b.png
    0529f25cce52511faef6831e1322121b.png
    536.5 KB · Views: 404
  • 7061b3ad529c9093bc7912dc079e9bda.png
    7061b3ad529c9093bc7912dc079e9bda.png
    322.1 KB · Views: 351
Hi everyone, can someone help me with making car liveries sponsorless ? I mean I want to know how to edit dds files and how to save them to see effects in game instead of bugged livery...

Not really a mod as such, but I've been messing around with trying to render out some of the 2016 models. Unfortunately, it seems that the softwares I use (Keyshot and 3DSMax) don't support the 'overlayed' decal file, but it is possible to display and render the paint file, which is exactly what I've done:
fJuhSEV.png

cHJtvqm.png

DZPk7ch.png

SuFMSgY.png

small break through the vents are possible on career helmet but is a bit complicated I'm not quite 100% but slowly going thereView attachment 157492 View attachment 157494 View attachment 157495
my findings: so Career helmet now read from the 2 maps first standard Career helmet second team career helmet so air vent and visor read from team helmet in my case 2016-williams_career_williams
visor on the second helmet must be like as the AI drivers have size
career_williams_helmet_d.jpg

approximately as this
20161027144549_1.jpg

because visor is little extended above the visor strip
the only problem which I have come across is I can not get rid of Massa inscription on clothes
due to overwrite Massa to Career driver

Last edited:
Not really a mod as such, but I've been messing around with trying to render out some of the 2016 models. Unfortunately, it seems that the softwares I use (Keyshot and 3DSMax) don't support the 'overlayed' decal file, but it is possible to display and render the paint file, which is exactly what I've done:
fJuhSEV.png

cHJtvqm.png

DZPk7ch.png

SuFMSgY.png
The decal file is the thing I asked before and nobody answered me :p
Does anyone know how I can put the decal file - the sponsors on the car? I can only put the paint file on the car
Yes, I know this is a 2015 model but noone seems to care about F1 2015 now :D
untitled-50-jpg.154074

Yeah, don't think it's a possibility. MAX doesn't even seem to recognise the UV Mapping for the Decals....

are you sure it isn't using an alternate UVW map channel for the decal layer? You should unwrap UVW of the body and look at the different map ID's available. Good chance you'll find that the decals are on a channel other than the default "1".

are you sure it isn't using an alternate UVW map channel for the decal layer? You should unwrap UVW of the body and look at the different map ID's available. Good chance you'll find that the decals are on a channel other than the default "1".
I don't remember seeing a specific one. But when you export as OBJ (which I do) It separates the model into 'Layers' rather than individual objects and automatically assigns the textures from there. I might be able to have another look at my MAX files again though.

fJuhSEV.png

cHJtvqm.png

DZPk7ch.png

SuFMSgY.png
just my assumption tho, but what if you treat the decal as "label" in KS?
are the decal and paint treated as one UV/material on the model, or different?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 74 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 53 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 90 14.9%