F1 2016 F1 2016 V1.08 Released - Tyre Wear Bug Resolved!

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Game Update 1.08.jpg

Codemasters have released a new patch for Formula One 2016 aimed solely at rectifying the long standing tyre wear issues found within the game.

It has become apparent post release that F1 2016 suffers from an issue where a tyre wear can be negatively impacted depending on the compound choice one makes at the beginning of a race session. The issue has caused several serious club and league race organising bodies to voice considerable discontent with what is essentially a game breaking issue with the title. Codemasters, to their credit, have noted the concerns of users and delivered a final patch for the game aimed at addressing this specific issue.

"Hi all, thanks for your patience with us whilst we looked into the issue with tyre wear being incorrect following a pit stop. We know that this has been affecting most, if not all of you, and especially multiplayer leagues so we’ve endeavoured to find a fix for it. The good news is that we’re confident that we have now identified the problem and fixed it. Our QA team have verified the fix, however, because it required a change to a core system used by many aspects of the game, we were looking for as many people as possible to download the beta patch on Steam to try it and feedback to us before we roll the official patch out on all platforms. Since the development team are now hard at work on the next game, this is the last patch which will be made available for F1 2016, and the patch is solely aimed at addressing this one issue.

We're happy to report that after reviewing your feedback on the patch, it's now going live on all platforms (PS4, Xbox One and PC) from 3pm GMT 31/01/2017.

If you have downloaded the beta patch, Steam will realise you've got the correct build, so there's no need to do anything."
Formula One 2016 is available to purchase now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

F1 2016 Game Update 1.08 - 3.png
F1 2016 Game Update 1.08 - 1.jpg
F1 2016 Game Update 1.08 - 2.jpg

Check out the Formula One 2016 sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding the latest instalment to the Codemasters Formula One series of games. Here you will find the latest mods and community created setups as well as a selection of quality League and Club Racing events in which to participate.

Have you tried the new update yet? Has the tyre wear issue been resolved? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Wish they would address the many other things, like the stuttering/brief freeze in game play that's been reported in so many forums that spoils the game for many (pc) i am sorry but i feel this patch is a bit feeble on their part, why don't they look at the forums and see what people are saying and investigate a bit more. I had reported to them on many occasions regarding many issues, each time they came back saying its this that needs changing on my computer, believe me i updated everything went through my pc setting in detail, but as i tried to explain to them by many emails hundreds of people where experiencing the same issues especially since patch 1.7 look at the forums! oh well that's my rant over!

Last edited:
I agree with Doug ^^^^ I love F1 2016 but lately this stutter bug has ruined it for me. I can live in hope because I didn't think they would patch this game again.

I agree with Doug ^^^^ I love F1 2016 but lately this stutter bug has ruined it for me. I can live in hope because I didn't think they would patch this game again.
Andy try the f1 1995 on ams really good once you have the full set up with talent files as well, if you need a hand se
"the stuttering/brief freeze in game play"
Is it very irritating? I mean, does it happen very often? I was about to finally buy the game but now I'm having sceond thoughts...
Doesn't happen allot, maybe once or twice in a 25% race, but when it happens on a corner your be driving off the track! and believe it or not some people aren't effected! not only that the ai in my opinion are just crazy they just come and ram you in the back for nothing, if your going to buy it wait for another sale, the game was working reasonably well up to that patch, good luck, one of the great things about this site is it gives the gamer great info about all race sims.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back