F1 2016 F1 2016 to Support Accuforce Wheel - Full List Revealed

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Supported Controllers List.png

Codemasters have revealed an extensive list of supported wheels for the upcoming Formula One 2016 game, for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Especially interesting is the inclusion of PC support for the high end SimXperience Accufore Direct Drive wheel.

Codemasters are keen to point out that wheels not currently on the officially support list should still work with the game, as long as a custom control scheme is created. Noteworthy absentees from the list would be PlayStation 4 support for the Fanatec Clubsport wheel, as licencing difficulties between Sony and Fanatec remain to be resolved. Codemasters released the following statement regarding the issue:

"Codemasters will continue to support officially approved peripherals for PlayStation 4 in F1 2016. We appreciate that this is far from an ideal situation and as always we are making every effort we can to support our community. Sadly this matter is out of our hands, but we will continue our dialogue with both Sony and Fanatec to try to find a solution."

F1 2016 is due to be released 19th August 2016. Below you will find the full list of supported controllers for all three platforms due to receive the game.

PC
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 (F1 rim)
  • Fanatec CSR Elite
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech Formula Force EX/RX
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G920 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Racing Force (Racing)
  • SimXperience Accuforce
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
  • Thrustmaster T100
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster T300 – F1 rim
  • Thrustmaster T300 – Ferrari GTE rim
  • Thrustmaster T300 – PS rim
  • Thrustmaster T300 – TM Leather 28 GT
  • Thrustmaster T500 – F1 rim
  • Thrustmaster T500 – Ferrari GTE rim
  • Thrustmaster T500 – GT rim
  • Thrustmaster T500 – TM Leather 28 GT
  • Thrustmaster TMX
  • Thrustmaster TX – F1 rim
  • Thrustmaster TX – Ferrari 458 rim
  • Thrustmaster TX – Ferrari GTE rim
  • Thrustmaster TX – TM Leather 28 GT
  • Thrustmaster Universal Challenge 5-in-1 Racing Wheel
  • Xbox One Controller
  • Xbox 360 Controller
  • Keyboard
Xbox One
  • Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 with wheel rim
  • Hori Racing Wheel Controller Xbox One
  • Logitech G920 Racing Wheel
  • MadCatz Pro Racing
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing
  • Xbox One Controller
  • Thrustmaster TMX
  • Thrustmaster TX – F1 rim
  • Thrustmaster TX – Ferrari 458 rim
  • Thrustmaster TX – Ferrari GTE rim
  • Thrustmaster TX – TM Leather 28 GT

Playstation 4
  • Hori Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T100
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster T300 – F1 rim
  • Thrustmaster T300 – Ferrari GTE rim
  • Thrustmaster T300 – PS rim
  • Thrustmaster T300 – TM Leather 28 GT
  • Thrustmaster T500 – F1 rim
  • Thrustmaster T500 – Ferrari GTE rim
  • Thrustmaster T500 – GT rim
  • Thrustmaster T500 – TM Leather 28 GT
  • Thrustmaster T80
  • PS4 Controller

Check out the F1 2016 sub forum for the latest news and discussions regarding Codemasters F1 game.

Does your wheel fit in the supported list? Do you think wheel support will be better realised in F1 2016 than previous games? Are you looking forward to the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Out of curiosity. Does the software that's used (MMOS) with OSW wheels make it behave like a "default" wheel?

In other words is it easier to make those setups work with any sim?

I know the Accuforce is slightly different as it comes with it's own SimExperience software, which I guess is partly why some sims support it more than others?

Last edited:
Now I am a little worried where this leaves my setup.

I have the Fanatec v2 wheel base but with the universal hub not F1 rim.

I never got this setup to work right with the 2015 edition and fear this new one maybe the same.

Also what about us Fanatec v3 pedal owners as well.

Jason.

Jason.
Well they said this:
"Codemasters will continue to support officially approved peripherals for PlayStation 4 in F1 2016. We appreciate that this is far from an ideal situation and as always we are making every effort we can to support our community. Sadly this matter is out of our hands, but we will continue our dialogue with both Sony and Fanatec to try to find a solution.".

I guess thats all you can take from that and hope it will be resolved or at least "work" without being officially noted.

Now I am a little worried where this leaves my setup.

I have the Fanatec v2 wheel base but with the universal hub not F1 rim.

I never got this setup to work right with the 2015 edition and fear this new one maybe the same.

Jason.

That's interesting, I was looking at that particular setup and assumed it would be compatible. Does the game not recognise the button assignments?

I've seen the 2015 game running on VR but I assume its a 3rd party piece of software that's doing the work.

There's been no mention of it for the 2016 version but maybe (hopefully for you VR users) it will be implemented later on or soon after release.
Andrew, yeah that plugin is called vorpx, but it's just a workaround. When you experience true VR support as seen in Assetto C. or Dirt Rally and knows how immersive it is, even vorpx is not good enough. Finger crossed this is coming :) Cheers

Why the hell isn't there a global API (something like, let's call it DirectWheel) for that by now.
The OS and the game doesn't care which wheel it's sending data to and the wheel doesn't care which OS or game it's sending data to.

Just like "Why is there no PS3 controller driver for Windows released from Sony".
Or "K-USB" cables from Nokia, or Apple USB cables....

Sometimes i really wonder why everything needs to be so complicated.

Whoa! I should never have upgraded from that one :p
lol
Same here.
As soon as TOMMOROW I'll get ma hands on some sweet G27.
My-Birthday-Meme-2.jpg

But I wouldn't change momo if it's still working.
Khm,.. actually... it did work but I, in my foolishness, try to make him "a little bit more silent" - WITH WD40.:alien: What a dumb idea I know now. Or maybe I was asking for it, I wonder ?:rolleyes: After all... I have it for like 8-9 years.
No, really... true story.
latest

At least I'll finally be able to try WRC 5 and Seb Loeb Rally Evo.
Some will say that I actually didn't miss much I know.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back