1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2016 Ramteam Racing League Rules

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 Ramteam Racing League' started by Jas Verstoppen, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen
    Ramteam Racing Premium Member

RACES TAKE PLACE ON SUNDAYS, 20:00 CET. PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE CALENDAR THREAD FOR MORE INFO

Lobby Options

I'll be the regular Session Host myself (Dutch Internet), with a few exceptions here and there. But that will always be announced in the special Race Thread of that specific Race.

Session Options

Maximum Players: 22
    Practice Type: None
    Practice Length: N/A
    Qualifying: Short Qualifying (20 minutes)
    Race Distance: 50%
    Starting Grid: Qualifying
    Quick Weather: Dynamic
    Customise Weather: N/A
    Session Start Time: Official
    Customise Session Start Time: N/A

Race Settings

AI Driver Level: N/A
    Car Performance: Equal
    Parc Ferme Rules: On
    Collisions: On
    Vehicle Damage: TBD
    Safety Car: On
    Corner Cutting Stringency: Strict
    Formation Lap: On
    Race Starts: Manual

Assist Restrictions

Pit Assist: Allowed
    Gearbox: Automatic allowed

All other assists are disabled. We made this choice because it's in our belief that's the best way to learn and get better as a racing driver yourself. We have a few Gamepad-drivers in our team, and believe me they are good! I don't say it is easy, but most def it's achievable for everyone.

Drivers & Constructors Championship

Drivers will compete for both the Driver- and Constructor-Championship. The Driver and Team with the most points after a 21-round Season will prevail!

Points System

1st - 25
    2nd - 18
    3rd - 15
    4th - 12
    5th - 10
    6th - 8
    7th - 6
    8th - 4
    9th - 2
    10th - 1

Fair Racing Policy

• We race according to the FIA F1 2015 Sporting Regulations¬©.
    • Warnings and penalties assigned by the game are final.
    • However, if there are some irregularities, which obviously can occur in close racing, incidents have to be reported to the League Admin's.
    • We also encourage to capture your game with one of the many videocapture-software programs out there.
    • Drivers should race as clean, hard and fair as possible. We all make mistakes from time to time but this means you cannot force another car off the circuit. If you do so accidentally the recommended action is to give the place back.
    • Drivers are allowed to make one move to defend and should leave a car's width of space when a competitior is alongside.
    • Rage-quitting will be penalized. Every driver can quit by retiring during the race, followed by exiting the lobby and explaining the reason of quitting in the race thread for the particular track.
    • If you need to quit a race for any reason do not crash or park your car. Doing so could cause a virtual or full safety car and dramatically change the outcome of the race for others.

Steam Disconnections & Restarts

• If a disconnection occurs in the first 5 minutes of Qualifying, a new lobby will be made.
    • If a disconnection occurs in the middle of Qualifying a new lobby will be made, but OSQ (one-shot Qualifying) will be used and Parc Ferm√© will be set to "off".
    • If a disconnection occurs while loading the race, the host will make a new "Race only" lobby. The first lap of the race will be a warm-up lap where everyone will take positions as they had in Qualifying. The race starts on lap 2 with no overtaking before lap 2 has started. Rules will be set to "off" to avoid unnecessary penalties.
    • A maximum of 1 restart per race is allowed.

As a final note we want to close with: 'Race quick, but fair!'

Cheers,

The Ramteam Staff

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  2. I won't be able to record my footage. But I can't wait! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

I might have been interested but having the racing line on is a big no no for me. It gives people too much of an advantage.
    Good luck with your racing chaps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

I don't think that many will use it. But cause of all important assists are off this was a compromise. Still a pity that is a gamebreaker for you. Reconsider?

5. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

@Andy Jackson

We reconsidered ourselves. Racing Line is banned. :thumbsup:

6. This is going to make it more equal. But then I hope I don't get slammed into by someone who misses their braking.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

Well, the reason was cause all assists are disabled this also attracts people who normally wouldn't be interested. But I think you rather get slammed when some people DO use the racing line and some people DON'T ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I
    I suppose so :thumbsup:

9. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Nice one. Is it just premium members allowed? I prefer to race with just premium club members. People who contribute here.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  10. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

Nope, most are familiar to me. Few new ones, but will be vetted obv :thumbsup:
    So what are you waiting for, almost full! ;)

11. the way you guys are going, pretty soon I expect to see a dress code for the event - please no dress suits and ties, I know its evening and we should be dressed in our black evening coats, wing shirts and bow ties (Downton Abbey Rules), but its still a Sunday nite :) anything else?

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  12. Jas Verstoppen

Jas Verstoppen

Hmm, now you're mentioning.. :p

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. I only got my wedding clothes left, i prolly wont fit anymore, i lost 25 kilo's

• Haha Haha x 2