• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

F1 2016 no assist players wanted for league race's

Discussion in 'PC | F1 2016 DNA Racing League' started by [DNA] Rico Nosberg, Nov 28, 2016.

1. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    F1 2016 Game, PC only...
    Due to the problems some people have with the F1 2016 Game on PC, we are currently looking for Four (4) F1 2016 Players. We as Ramteam Racing Host the only PC League on RaceDepartment.com. The Races take place on every Sunday, 20:00 C.E.T. We are in the middle of the first Season. The next race will be the German GP.
    First you will drive in a Weekly Day Lobby with us, just to see where you’re at.
    If you are the real thing, you can finish the season with us if you want to.
    We have had a drop in attendace and want to keep the Community on a 22 player-base. We have 4 spots free currently.
    You can find us at:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/pc-f1-2016-ramteam-racing-league.24/
    We also have a Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_nNmBWxjzlKh6hQtLko2NA
    We hope you are interested and will take a look!
    Cheers,
    Ramteam Racing

2. Runic

Runic

Ratings:
    +27
    I would love to be allowed back into the league. My connection a lot more stable and is a tad faster. Could you add me on Steam so we test out my connection to see if it is working well?

3. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    @Runic You should talk to Dpool or Jas, i saw you yesterday you had 2 orange blocks, instead of the 1 red, so maybe there is still hope! :redface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Runic

Runic

Ratings:
    +27
    Sometimes I get 3 yellow blocks. :O_o::confused:

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Minor lurker here, wanting to join in but not currently able due to other commitments. Would love to join in the occasional race but can't commit to full league == no dice for me. :(

Runic, I understand you're using Wifi.

I'd suggest downloading http://www.pingplotter.com/ . Start a trace with a low timer frequency, leave it running for an evening when you aren't racing and see what the issue is or if you want further feedback, post the plot here so others can decipher it, just be sure to cover up IP addresses in paint or something. The summary though: if you get large red line blocks, that's packet loss and a massive hindrance to a consistent race (and a possible DC). This is your worst enemy. If you find that you have a high ping or packet loss from the first 'node' to the second (your PC to your router or the router to the box at the end of your road), get a dongle and/or contact your ISP. If you have any large ping jumps past this point, it's your ISPs fault again. Lean on them heavily althoguh I don't know in which country you currently reside...

Wifi dongles... The one I have linked below, whilst a bit more expensive (you will be able to find it cheaper on other stores/waiting for a while etc), has done incredible things for friends who have had issues; my housemate for example has gone from two bars to five with no setup work, just plug and play. It's a very good option if you have no choice about ISP/running a cable.

For context, a few years ago I used to league race using my mobile phone, tethered directly to my PC due to living in the arse end of nowhere. I would be able to download at around 150kb/sec and upload at around 30kb/sec but in the 35 (iirc) races I took part in, I only DCed from two of them and didn't have issues with connection/lag for others at all so far as I recall. So longer as your connection is stable and above a lower limit, you should be fine or at least be set-up to have the best possible chance at being fine. From what I've seen of videos though, you're getting huge spikes in performance suggesting something is just plain wrong.

If you find you don't get issues whilst NOT having any internet activity BUT you do as soon as you race, that would suggest your router is broken/shite, your ISP is throttling you or your connection to the router is not good enough.

A ridiculously good USB Wifi dongle:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00REZPU3G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dexter Cutts

Dexter Cutts

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I would love an opportunity to race in a pro league if there are any spaces available.
    My steam name is Dex or Dex091187
    Im not sure whats needed but any info would be great.

Cheers :)

7. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    Hi @Dexter Cutts,

Welcome to RMT Racing. The best thing you can do is add a few of the guys on to Steam and join in during the weekday Lobbies. It will give you a chance to drive along side some of the guys and allow everyone to get an understanding of where they are in terms of ability. Unfortunately, there are no Races Scheduled until early January, but feel free to join in if you see us online.

People to add;

[RMT] DPool
    [RMT] Jas Verstoppen
    Rico Nosberg
    You can add myself if you want; [RMT] Bananaman

It's also a good idea to acquaint yourself with the Rules of the League.

If everything fits, one of the RMT Racing Leaders will confirm whether there are any spaces available.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dexter Cutts

Dexter Cutts

Ratings:
    +1
    thats brilliant thanks for that.

Ill be sure you too add you and hopefully see you guys online at some point.

Thanks for getting in touch so quickly :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Hi there!

I was wondering if there are any free slots to join the league; I've raced with a couple of people in here before - Fuyjin, Sam. I've generally just been pub racing each Tuesday night with my housemate recently (who may also want to join, will ask him tomorrow) but I'm just tired of the nonsense and miss the protracted battles which I used to have back in 2013.

I used to be at a competitive pace but in all honesty, I don't really know where I am at the moment as pub races are borderline pointless in assessing. Either way though, I've always been fair and am sure I can find battles somewhere. :)

Hopefully this link will work for a few previous races. I did see out the 2013 WNC and TNC leagues (2nd in both :() but never got around to uploading the backend league footage.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGbfQkUE2T1kXHTy2FdHz1g/videos?shelf_id=0&view=0&sort=dd

Mark.

• Like Like x 2
  10. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Hi Mark, contact dpool pretender or bananaman. I am not sure im gonna stay because of diffrent reasons, thats why i cannot reply to your post in details.
    Jas Verstoppen is still on a working holliday, should be back in Februari somewhere.
    We are in the middle of a season at Japan.
    I bet you you can even drive this weekend sunday 20:00 europe time ;-)

11. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    Hi Mark,

I think there will be a few guys online tonight if you want to join a Lobby (I think you've added me and DPool). Chances are it will be Japan, as that is our next Race on Sunday.

I don't know the Official position on whether you can Race on Sunday (if you wanted to), but join a lobby either tonight or tomorrow and we can go from there.

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Hi guys,

I'll try to make sure I'm around tomorrow evening at some point, I'm unavailable this evening sadly; hope you have a good one. :)

Mark.

13. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Guessing no-one is around this evening; I only have bananaman and DPool on my friends list though so can't check beyond you guys!

Will return to my code, have a good evening guys, I'll hopefully catch you online soon. :)

Mark.

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Sundet

Sundet

Ratings:
    +3
    Hello there, sorry if im sort invading your thread, i just purchased the game yesterday and as you can imagine im nowhere near good enough at the game yet to join a league. It is however something im interested in. As such im currently looking for ppl to play with and actually do genuine 50% races. And as you all know actually finding a proper race in a random lobby is next to impossible, the 3-5 lap sprints can be fun and all but its not really the real f1 experience is it haha. So getting to the point... would it be alright if i could add some of you guys on steam and perhaps join in on some of your weekday/social races? Ill probably end up last but you gotta start somewhere. ^^

• Like Like x 3
  15. [DNA] Rico Nosberg

[DNA] Rico Nosberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    @Sundet Ofcourse i think, you could join a session in the weekdays, feel free to add me.

16. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    Welcome, feel free to add me also. [DNA] Bananaman

17. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    Hi,

We are looking for fair/experienced Drivers to fulfill the seats available below;

1 x Force India
    1 x Haas F1
    1 x Sauber
    1 x Williams

All cars are on Equal performance during the Races, although they handle slightly differently. Please note, we race with all assists off.

Please add myself, DPool, or Rico Nosberg on Steam to join a midweek lobby. There are currently 3 Races remaining this season with the view of starting a new season of the current F1 2016 game after a little break.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Any chance I can move away from the Williams into the Renault? Those mirrors are quite annoying, as is the weird grip! ;)

19. Bananaman

Bananaman
    DNA Racing

Ratings:
    +32
    Sure, I'd love to have you in my Team! Consider it done.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mark Saunders

Mark Saunders

Ratings:
    +224
    Thanks. Yeah, sometimes that Williams grip, it's like driving slicks on a wet track... /self troll...

I'll be around in Brazil for hopefully a cleaner race than last time! :D

• Haha Haha x 1