F1 2016 F1 2016: New PC Patch Released

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 PC Patch.jpg

Codemasters have patched F1 2016 to version 1.5.0 for PC editions of the title, bringing a number of smaller fixes and stability improvements to the best selling Formula One racing game.

Version 1.5.0 is the fifth update to F1 2016 since its release back in August, and although only a minor patch, the update does promise some needed improvement to multiplayer functionality as well as increasing stability of the title and addressing some graphical issues a number of players have encountered in recent weeks.

Early community feedback suggests the newest patch from Codemasters has brought performance issues to some players, it is advisable to contact Codemasters via their bug reporting forum if you experience these issues post update.

Version 1.5.0 PC Patch Notes:
  • Updated vehicle appearance for Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Manor, Renault, Force India and Toro Rosso
  • Made adjustments to relative performance of teams and drivers based upon 2016 results so far.
  • Stability improvements for all game modes
  • Various Multiplayer Fixes
  • Various graphical bug fixes
  • Various other bug fixes

Although the 1.5.0 patch is only currently available for PC gamers, Codemasters have confirmed updates are planned to release in the coming days for both console versions of F1 2016.

F1 2016 is available now for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

The F1 2016 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussions regarding Codemasters F1 series of games. Check it out and have a look through our mods archive, download one of our setups, or take part in one of the regular club racing events.

Have you downloaded the latest patch? How are your framerates post update? What do you think of the game so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I am happy with this patch. It resolved some Safety Car issues including the silly "Stay within ten car lenghts" warning when you were right behind the driver in front.
And the relative performance updates really changed my career mode. Because I was already halfway through the season Manor was suddenly 5th best and Haas went down to last.

Happy to say PlayStation multiplayer fixed.
Great news :thumbsup:

Couple of niggles left.

Quali
Pit lane exit crossing white line just gives a warning instead of ten place starting penalty.

Race
Start line looks like someone has dropped a smoke grenade on the lights going out:thumbsdown:
Very difficult to see anything infront now.

Heat haze needs turning down. Must be a drain on the cpu & not really a game changer:rolleyes:

Jeff is back to being an absolute legend on the old walkie talkie.

Thoroughly good job though:geek:

So i decided to buy F1 2016 after the positive reviews it got. But still i was skeptical because the previous iterations were disappointments. I started the game with a quick 3 lap race in Monaco. I chose Raikkonen and was sitting in 4th place in the grid. I was pleased with the presentation the game offered.
Then the race started and in the first corner Rosberg and Hamilton crashed into each other.
It was at this time i realized that this was the most realistic f1 sim ever.

10/10- Best F1 sim eva..
Laughing out loud. :laugh::thumbsup::x3:
Credit: F1 2016 Steam page, reviews.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years