F1 2016 Modding Requests Thread

See, no need to be paranoid!

Attachments

• haas_decal.jpg
    haas_decal.jpg
    373.3 KB · Views: 489
They're just regular old DDS files, but missing the headers that tell a program like Photoshop or GIMP what format they are in. People are working on tools, so I'm sure that it wont be long!

http://www.petartasev.com/modding/ego-engine/

Get EEA 2.0

Open up F1 2016\asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\teams\williams\wep\williams_india.erp and then find williams_paint.tga and hit export texture. Can do the same for williams_decal.tga.

It will save them as DDS that you can open in Photoshop and edit, then as far as I can tell you can reimport them to the original erp file and see them in game.

The challenge is the idiots only paint one side of the car so it's impossible to put a logo inside the stripe because on one side of the car it will be mirrored.

Attachments

• williams_decal.tga.png
    williams_decal.tga.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 427
  • williams_paint.tga.jpg
    williams_paint.tga.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 411
http://www.petartasev.com/modding/ego-engine/

Get EEA 2.0

Open up F1 2016\asset_groups\f1_2016_vehicle_package\teams\williams\wep\williams_india.erp and then find williams_paint.tga and hit export texture. Can do the same for williams_decal.tga.

It will save them as DDS that you can open in Photoshop and edit, then as far as I can tell you can reimport them to the original erp file and see them in game.

The challenge is the idiots only paint one side of the car so it's impossible to put a logo inside the stripe because on one side of the car it will be mirrored.
Yes, and the driver numbers? (;

Not all of the sizes are defined. You basically have to guess at the dimensions based on filesize (in bytes).
The guy that wrote the python plugin (wasn't me) made it easy to comprehend though, so i was able to modify it to support more texture sizes. He updated it as well, so go back and download it again and it will open the Vettel helmet.

Here is my modified version to support some of the trackside banners. Still very incomplete. Brake markers still need defined, along with a few others.

Remove the .txt extension before putting it in place.

This also opens up more of the "team" stuff. For example the Williams "tablet" and "sundries" files which could use a "Martini" :)

Attachments

• tex_F12016_mipmaps.py.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 501
  • team_williams_sundries_2016_d.png
    team_williams_sundries_2016_d.png
    201 KB · Views: 393
  • team_williams_tablet_2016_01_d.png
    team_williams_tablet_2016_01_d.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 689
You are awesome guys, it is hard to make own helmet when iam noob in photoshop?Or its better hope to any good modder can make it.
PS:Sorry for my eng,i am learning

Dear Modders, I would really like to play with my custom helmets in career mode. I do have the dds from the F1 2015 game, but I don't know how to insert them into F1 2016. Can someone help?

Is it possible to do some track updates and remove the F1 2016 banners, to add Johnnie Walker logos?
Yep. just did a test at Spa and have V-Power adverts down main straight now. The good news so far is that I think all track adverts are unique to each track unlike last year where they were shared. This means you may be able to have Heineken adverts replacing the Rolex ones in Canada and then make the Pirelli adverts Rolex ones etc etc. Not 100% sure if this can be done and don't have time to do all tracks but I suggest people learn how to do this. It is fun.

Last edited:
Yep. just did a test at Spa and have V-Power adverts down main straight now. The good news so far is that I think all track adverts are unique to each track unlike last year where they were shared. This means you could have Heineken adverts replacing the Rolex ones in Canada and then make the Pirelli adverts Rolex ones etc etc.

Thats great, I hope someone could do them quickly. ;) Also we need Smirnoff on the Force India cars.

To my previous post about banners at Montreal........appears common banners are generic and so if you change the main straight at Canada to Heineken then it will change all other Rolex adverts on other tracks to Heineken. My bad.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back