F1 2016 Modding Requests Thread

I can easily make all cars equal, but your RnD bars won't change - it will act as if it's the same as vanilla. The only way to track your RND compared with your opposition is to make sure you write down any news you get when others upgrade and compare manually (and of course, by looking at the constructors standings at the end of the season).

Which car would you like to have everyone based off of? I assume you are happy with them all to have the same engine too?
Giving everybody the same performance as the Mercedes would be ideal. So the RnD bars wouldn't change at all but the teams would still be developing their cars?

I would like to learn how to change the flags nationality of pilots, after we create a new pilot used localisation file? For example P Gasly has French flag after replace D. Kvayt in Toro Roso.
I don't think that's possible unless anyone knows the location of the driver flags.

Giving everybody the same performance as the Mercedes would be ideal. So the RnD bars wouldn't change at all but the teams would still be developing their cars?

I'll try and get that sorted for ya so it's online tomorrow. It's literally a case of just copy and pasting the stats from Mercedies into the other cars files. I can get that done tonight but of course, wouldn't have tested it (not that it needs much testing, all cars would just behave the same as a Merc).

The RnD bars will increase for every upgrade still, but their starting positions are identical to vanilla. The game won't realise that suddenly all 11 teams have the same stats, so will continue to think Manor are awful and Mercedies is above everyone.

However, in actuality, if you are a Manor, and you put on an engine upgrade first, then while your bar which was low has increased slightly, the development bars will still show you as last, when in fact you have the very best car.

This is just the limitation of what we can currently change.

In addition - the Manor's team Expectations would still be 18th-ish - as your team also don't realise you have the best car in the field.... Which is probably the biggest limitation this modification.

I'll try and get that sorted for ya so it's online tomorrow. It's literally a case of just copy and pasting the stats from Mercedies into the other cars files. I can get that done tonight but of course, wouldn't have tested it (not that it needs much testing, all cars would just behave the same as a Merc).

The RnD bars will increase for every upgrade still, but their starting positions are identical to vanilla. The game won't realise that suddenly all 11 teams have the same stats, so will continue to think Manor are awful and Mercedies is above everyone.

However, in actuality, if you are a Manor, and you put on an engine upgrade first, then while your bar which was low has increased slightly, the development bars will still show you as last, when in fact you have the very best car.

This is just the limitation of what we can currently change.

In addition - the Manor's team Expectations would still be 18th-ish - as your team also don't realise you have the best car in the field.... Which is probably the biggest limitation this modification.
That would be great, thanks for doing it so quickly. I guess there are always going to be limitations with modding, but I think this could still work pretty well for a career mode series. Ultimate AI, starting at the back.

That would be great, thanks for doing it so quickly. I guess there are always going to be limitations with modding, but I think this could still work pretty well for a career mode series. Ultimate AI, starting at the back.

Yeah. It's not such a big deal though if you don't mind not always reaching objectives and keep track of everyone's RnD levels separately.

The only issue maybe... If you choose Mercedies. They're gonna want you to be right at the top of the grid each session - which is okay normally - but with all other teams equal, you may find yourself being kicked out the team.

Yeah. It's not such a big deal though if you don't mind not always reaching objectives and keep track of everyone's RnD levels separately.

The only issue maybe... If you choose Mercedies. They're gonna want you to be right at the top of the grid each session - which is okay normally - but with all other teams equal, you may find yourself being kicked out the team.
Probably going to go with one of the nicer looking cars, maybe a McLaren. Hopefully I won't end up being kicked out xD

Probably going to go with one of the nicer looking cars, maybe a McLaren. Hopefully I won't end up being kicked out xD

It's been released in the Mods section Ali under - Created Equal.

It's interesting as its not mixed up the pack as much as expected. I guess in the AI settings, the weaker drivers simply driver slower then their better counterparts.

If I continue to increase Manor's starts above everyone else's equal stats, then Manor will always be up at the top - but with equal cars, they're struggling more then I expected.

Unfortunately, the AI changes are fixed behind a file we can't decompile.

If you wanted truely equal races, I'd have to increase the stats of their 3 teams lots, and Tier 2 teams a little. But of course, that means whic her team you pick, you as a Human Player will have an unequal advantage of the feast of the AI

Hello all. Would anyone be kind enough to create a mercedes custom helmet in the 2016 game? I would be willing to pay for your time. If anyone is interested that would be awesome. Just msg me for details as I have a design in mind :)

Can anyone have a go at modding the Arrows Formula 1 team into the game? The livery I'm after is the 2001/2002 livery with the orange and black :) If anyone can make this I will be the happiest human in the world! Ideally I'd like it to replace Sauber if that's possible! But any other car is fine if someone can get it to work. :) Below is a jpeg of the livery so any modders have an idea of what I'm after. Thanks in advance :D

Arrows.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I'm interested to know if anyone wants to take a crack at the old "Mistakes and Bad Luck" mod from previous generations!?

This is quite the undertaking and I'd be more than happy to share the workload, but I'm also learning as I go. Has anyone examined the ...\team\car\handling\specificcar.vtf?

Also curious to know where to look to modify specific driver values?

Hello, I'm interested to know if anyone wants to take a crack at the old "Mistakes and Bad Luck" mod from previous generations!?

This is quite the undertaking and I'd be more than happy to share the workload, but I'm also learning as I go. Has anyone examined the ...\team\car\handling\specificcar.vtf?

Also curious to know where to look to modify specific driver values?

I have not heard of that particular mod, but from the name, I assume it introduces randomised failures and greater consequences for driver error - which is something I would be greatly interesting. I haven't once in my test season had any non-crash related technical issues with the car. The only one I know exists and working is Engine Wear from uneven gear changes (which I am not getting because I play an auto gears - I tend not to, as I find it puts me more on an even fitting with the AI - a habit I picked up from F1 2010/11 as that game was easy on the hardest difficulty, and is a habit I've not yet dropped)

My time this week however is into my 'Overhaul' mod of RnD performance - allowing for diverse seasons and performances based on Constructos Championships finishes positions after RnD has been maxed out. But once I've got that prototype out (hopefully next week) I'll be happy to look into this with ya. My mod (and performance data extracted from it) has basically been within those fines for the most part - so I know it well.

Have you ever noticed your engine temperature change at any times significantly, because I sure haven't? What about tire temperatures, as they always seem to be extremely close to normal operating temperature unless you lock up or skid - never once seen cold tyres, Also, have you ever experienced tyre blistering?,there's an entire simulation model in the code but I can never seem to experience it (or notice it if it is there). I am sure those are all things which could be a part of Mistakes and Bad Luck.

I have not heard of that particular mod, but from the name, I assume it introduces randomised failures and greater consequences for driver error - which is something I would be greatly interesting.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-mistakes-bad-luck-2013.983/
Here is a legacy version for historical reference.

Have you ever noticed your engine temperature change at any times significantly, because I sure haven't? What about tire temperatures, as they always seem to be extremely close to normal operating temperature unless you lock up or skid - never once seen cold tyres, Also, have you ever experienced tyre blistering?,there's an entire simulation model in the code but I can never seem to experience it (or notice it if it is there). I am sure those are all things which could be a part of Mistakes and Bad Luck.

I haven't noticed temperature changes, but that's a great idea. I race with manual gears and I do occasionally get audio from the pit boss saying that I'll have some decreased performance from the engine, but that's about it. I would like to see mis-shifts and riding the rev limiter be punished with things like a missing gear or stuck gear.

As far as tire temps, yes, I think there's an opportunity to adjust the variable temperature, maybe increase the variability of temperature and decrease the optimum tire temperature window?

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-mistakes-bad-luck-2013.983/
Here is a legacy version for historical reference.

I haven't noticed temperature changes, but that's a great idea. I race with manual gears and I do occasionally get audio from the pit boss saying that I'll have some decreased performance from the engine, but that's about it. I would like to see mis-shifts and riding the rev limiter be punished with things like a missing gear or stuck gear.

As far as tire temps, yes, I think there's an opportunity to adjust the variable temperature, maybe increase the variability of temperature and decrease the optimum tire temperature window?

There is definitely variables to alter engine and tyre optimal operating temperatures, as I said before, there's even blistering variables which I've never seen in practice.

There is actually variables regarding 'stuck gears and missing gears, so that too would be interesting to test.

I'll check out the previous Mod in more detail next week :) thanks for the link.

AI cars catch you way too fast in the slipstream, there is a way to fix that?

Well, from my playing, the slip stream effect does seem to be working as intended, it works both ways too, so if you decrease it, you are also decreasing your advantage to overtake - or see overtakes in generals. Most of the times the AI do this, it leads to a battle into the next corner, as opposed to a clean overtake in a straight (excluding cars which are far more developed then yours).

In the vehicle files, there is peramters for slip stream size and effect for each car. You can modify these (first test if they do what you expect), but I wouldn't go extreme with it. It's one of those 'be careful what you wish for' situations and the consequences for lowering slipstream maybe a far duller race.

I've been trying to change driver names myself but it's not really going very well, is there anyone who could make me this grid:

Mercedes:
Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg

Ferrari:
Sergio Perez and Sebastian Vettel

Red Bull:
Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo

McLaren:
Stoffel Vandoorne and Fernando Alonso

Williams:
Valteri Bottas and Pascal Werhlein

Force India:
Nico Hulkenburg and