F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

• Deleted member 244321

I think i found something about driver grid boards inside application.erp but cannot export.

I've made a personnal helmet for the career mode. I've edited the gen_X_helmet_d.tga and the gen_X_helmet_s.tga, there is one problem, I can see my own helmet in my career modeI but I use yellow on it, and the yellow is pink in the game (No, I'm not a FI's driver :laugh:)
Does anybody know how to make appear it yellow ?

I hope my english is good :geek:

I've made a personnal helmet for the career mode. I've edited the gen_X_helmet_d.tga and the gen_X_helmet_s.tga, there is one problem, I can see my own helmet in my career modeI but I use yellow on it, and the yellow is pink in the game (No, I'm not a FI's driver :laugh:)
Does anybody know how to make appear it yellow ?

I hope my english is good :geek:
Did you set the colour of the helmet to be like this when you started career? http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2016-modding-questions-thread.124753/page-7#post-2297887

Is there a way to change the driver names that are shown above the car during race? i tried to change everything possible in the localisation file, but in the race i see the names of the old drivers. in menus it is ok, but the floating name above the car during race is not changed. Can someone help me? thanks
EDIT: so it looks like it can be done, but i dont know how :( because i tried today the volkswagen f1 team full package with mick schumacher and sirotkin and their names above the car are updated. So there is a way to do it but i dont know. Is it somewhere in the localisations file or somewhere else?
EDIT2: sorry guys, i must have missed it. my mistake, i have found it. sorry again

Last edited:
Come on guys, someone surely knows.
it's so so easy that I'm guessing most people aren't answering. I'm also like a 100% certain that someone has asked that before and someone has said how it's done in this thread.
But I can explain it
1. Export team_driver_number.tga (depending on the team and number you need), if it's a number that isn't available due to limitations then export a number containing that number(s) (so for 3 you take a thirty something number etc, for like 27 you take one with a 2 and one with a 7) (the team should be the "destination" team.)
2. You edit it in photoshop/other program. Only needed If you need to combine them (etc using an active driver's number)
3. You import it in on top of the original driver (so say for vettel you'd import over ferrari_driver_5.tga)

it's so so easy that I'm guessing most people aren't answering. I'm also like a 100% certain that someone has asked that before and someone has said how it's done in this thread.
But I can explain it
1. Export team_driver_number.tga (depending on the team and number you need), if it's a number that isn't available due to limitations then export a number containing that number(s) (so for 3 you take a thirty something number etc, for like 27 you take one with a 2 and one with a 7) (the team should be the "destination" team.)
2. You edit it in photoshop/other program. Only needed If you need to combine them (etc using an active driver's number)
3. You import it in on top of the original driver (so say for vettel you'd import over ferrari_driver_5.tga)
Thank you, but I knew that, I was just wondering if there was some other way (maybe renaming some file).

Is there a way to change teams performance in career mode? And if yes, can you do it only before you start the career or can you do it even mid career, or even mid season? (and yes, i know you can buy upgrades but i mean if there is a way to change some values somewhere so you can manually make each team as strong as you like)
Because i am doing career mode on youtube, i am in the fourth season, and Ferrari is massively ahead of everyone else in terms of performance and they finish each Q and each Race first and second so i would like to make some other teams better so its more even and more fun. thanks guys

Is there a way to change teams performance in career mode? And if yes, can you do it only before you start the career or can you do it even mid career, or even mid season? (and yes, i know you can buy upgrades but i mean if there is a way to change some values somewhere so you can manually make each team as strong as you like)
Because i am doing career mode on youtube, i am in the fourth season, and Ferrari is massively ahead of everyone else in terms of performance and they finish each Q and each Race first and second so i would like to make some other teams better so its more even and more fun. thanks guys
Yes, there is a way to change car performance in career mode. But also, we already explained how to do that so please search for that in this thread.:)

Yes, there is a way to change car performance in career mode. But also, we already explained how to do that so please search for that in this thread.:)

Sorry but i tried to use the search function but it didnt find anything. Only one guy that asked the question and nobody answered him, once that you should copy the whole content of one team's file to another team's file (and it didn't work for him) and once that you should change the values in team.erp. But what files wasn't specified. And I also asked more questions, specific ones about my issue not only about changing the performance but also when you can do it etc. On top of the page is statement, that people shouldn't be afraid to ask, even stupid questions.
So you could have saved your time instead of answer me that you will not answer me.
So if there is somebody willing to help me and answer me, i would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Sorry but i tried to use the search function but it didnt find anything. Only one guy that asked the question and nobody answered him, once that you should copy the whole content of one team's file to another team's file (and it didn't work for him) and once that you should change the values in team.erp. But what files wasn't specified. And I also asked more questions, specific ones about my issue not only about changing the performance but also when you can do it etc. On top of the page is statement, that people shouldn't be afraid to ask, even stupid questions.
So you could have saved your time instead of answer me that you will not answer me.
So if there is somebody willing to help me and answer me, i would really appreciate it.
there's plenty of good performance editing tutorials in this thread, it won't take you too long to find it. It's just the same as basic performance editing as far as I'm aware

I tried searching and didn't find anything that would answer my question or any tutorials etc. You are very helpful guys. Thanks a lot (not). Why someone bothers to respond and say they won't help is something i will never understand. So i guess you should remove the notice that is above that says that people can ask about anything. (or simply add to it, that people can ask about anything and the response will be "we know it, but we won't tell you, search man") that would save a lot of time for everyone)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back