1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured F1 2016 Hockenheim Onboard with Nico Hülkenberg

Discussion in 'F1 2016 - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

F1 2016 Game.jpg
    Codemasters have released yet another video of the new F1 2016 game in action, this time on-board the Force India number 27 of German driver Nico Hülkenberg.

As with recent video's, today's release showcases the scene of the upcoming Formula One Grand Prix, this time at Germany's Hockenheim Circuit. Formula One 2016 is due to be released on August 19th for Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC and features a substantially enhanced offline experience in comparison to previous incarnations of the Formula One games franchise.

Judging by the on-board footage from this video, and previous releases, it looks like the new game installment has received plenty of attention to the way the cars handle out on track. From the preview videos it looks likely that players will experience a more lively driving model than previous titles, as can be seen by the many on throttle steering corrections required during the exit of some of the slower corners track. Previous editions of the game have come under criticism for rather bland handling and it appears Codemasters have gone some way to addressing these complaints with the new title.

F1 2016 On-board Hockenheim:

Codemasters need a success with this game after many less than popular Formula One releases in recent years, and I for one am looking forward to seeing what F1 2016 brings come August 19th.

Check out the F1 2016 RaceDepartment forum for all the pre launch news for this new F1 game. You can read all the latest discussions, news and previews as well as check out the many downloadable community addon's created post release.

F1 2016 is due to be released in August. Will you be purchasing the game on release? Do you think this will be an improvement over F1 2015? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

Sounds like an actual lawnmower now, in real life it is a lot better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Looks good to me. I have always thought CM do the best looking tracks for immersion.
    I might actually get this one being a die hard F1 fan. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Just saying..... :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    From the land of Mounties and Maple Syrup Premium Member

Great lap! Looking forward to battling it out with the AI. Hopefully the new "Ultimate" AI difficulty level makes them a little "racier" than they usually are. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Something wrong with your ears then I reckon. :whistling::rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    • Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Can't wait for the videos showing the features of the dedicated server application :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. I wish this place still had that optimistic button. :p

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Couldn't care less about servers, dedicated or not. There are enough online racing games to be getting on with. I want it for offline F1 race action and a good playable career.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I've been looking at various sources but couldn't find an answer: will there be a VR support?

• Haha Haha x 2
  11. hows about in cockpit view for once, that is a t cam view

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Something wrongs with your eyes too if you think Codies do the best tracks :O_o::roflmao:

13. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 5
  14. gave up on these games along time ago.
    always bad wheel support shocking force FFB and equally shocking physics/feel

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Every year or two people get excited about this game. Every year or two, people are disappointed.
    What is the definition of crazy again? :whistling:
    ;)

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. That's insanity not craziness

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Iv read they had all 3. Maybe they had to give 1 back after a trial period but I expect all will be supported late this year. Dirt Rally is already using HTC & Oculus setups.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

EA and CM...the best devs for beautiful pictures and videos, showing their strength in the graphics. Damn...it looks beautiful. Im graving for a good solid F1 game. But CM must do better than those showcases. How about the steering wheel options, the AI behaviour, ingame options, AI difficulty and agression options. Videos tells us nothing...only that the graphics are good.

19. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Seriously? Do you mean that? Can you tell me who does better, more immersive tracks? I would codies tracks in RF2 or AMS.

20. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Sector 3.

• Agree Agree x 1