F1 2016 F1 2016: Career Trailer and Multiplayer Championship Preview

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2016 Game.jpg

Codemasters have today released a new trailer for the upcoming F1 2016 game, showcasing key features of the new for 2016 ten year career mode as well as revealing details of a new Multiplayer Championship that makes its debut in the latest addition to the series.

The new for 2016 Multiplayer Championship allows a maximum of twenty two players to race online against each other as either team-mates or rivals over the course of a racing season. The championships can be saved at any stage and resumed at any time. Today's announcement reveal is an interesting new aspect to the F1 2016 game and is another small indication that Codemasters are looking to produce a seriously improved and detailed product over recent releases.

F1 2016 - Career Trailer

Codemasters had the following to say regarding the many new features to be found in F1 2016:

"You’ll be able to select your character, helmet and race number that will stay with you throughout your FORMULA ONE™ career. You’ll then be able to choose which of the 11 official teams you want to join, as well as which member of the team will be your team-mate, before taking to the track for the first race of the season. One thing to remember though: the higher ranked teams will have steeper expectations for you"​

"You’ll also experience the tension of the Formation Lap as you weave to warm your tyres, before facing the drama of the manual race start, where you will have to balance your revs and release the clutch at the right time. Get this wrong and you could jump the start and face a penalty or fail to get away from the line as the anti-stall kicks in!​

Race strategy is also vital as you battle your rivals. For Pit Stops, you can choose to have control of the Pit Lane entry, meaning you’ll have to brake at the right time to avoid losing too much time, but also to avoid speeding in the Pit lane. Strategy will be key, especially under Safety Car and Virtual Safety Car conditions."​

"The action continues off the track and into the Paddock and Hospitality areas. Over the course of the Career, you can decide how you want to upgrade your car, by consulting with the Research and Development Engineer on areas for improvement, and by completing tasks during Practice sessions. Take your team to the top over a number of seasons, or negotiate with your Agent to move between teams and work your way up the grid"

Formula One 2016 will be available to purchase for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on August 19th 2016.
Check out the Formula One 2016 sub forum for news and discussions regarding Codemasters latest F1 franchise title.

F1 2016 nears release, are you looking forward to trying the new game? What part of F1 2016 are you most looking forward to? Does a substantial offline career mode interest you, or is it an unnecessary distraction? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I purchased 2010, then 2012...was a little disappointed...may watch out for this but will look at reviews first and see if it has good FFB wheel feel etc....although the F1 racing games are a bit fast for an old guy like me, as I can not react fast enough...lol

• Deleted member 130869

People who wanted the formation lap, how many races into the season until they turn that off? Now there's a poll :p.

Good implementation of FFB and wheel options, AI difficulty & agression slider, solid pitstops for ai with the right tires and i might actually buy the game. But it is a BIG iffy.
From qhat i have seen so far i am not impressed.

Pitstops (That's what I asked in the Codemasters Forum):

"For Pit Stops, you can choose to have control of the Pit Lane entry, meaning you’ll have to brake at the right time to avoid losing too much time, but also to avoid speeding in the Pit lane. "
To my understanding we only have Control over the car to the pit-entry line. Once behind the pit-entry line the CPU will take over, drive the car to the pit, stops in the right place, waits for the green light to avoid unsafe release, and drives the car to the pit-exit line where the Player will take Control of the car again.

Here's the answer:
Thats how it worked in the Quick Race Beta, so unless they have an option to enable fully manual pitting (and I can't say I have seen anything like that), what you have there is correct. Some of the pit entrances will be fun. Bahrain you are pulling off the straight basically at 150mph and having to time the braking point for the Pit Lane speed limiter. Can be intense, but time can be made up here for sure.

I will buy this for the love for F1 ! Looks very promising. If the AI is somewhat good, and its drivable from the cockpit cam. ... Or if it's not good with a wheel, i buy this to xbox and controller and play with overhead cam just for casual fun :p
I will start my career maybe with Williams ☺

Gonna say I think this is one of the things that they've taken from Dirt Rally's success, I don't think they'd have worked to make this happen unless DR leagues hadn't been so popular.

Also look at all these people who aren't gonna try to take Manor to a world championship.

Gonna say I think this is one of the things that they've taken from Dirt Rally's success, I don't think they'd have worked to make this happen unless DR leagues hadn't been so popular.

Also look at all these people who aren't gonna try to take Manor to a world championship.
For sure. Dirt Rally proved to Codies that there is sufficient interest in a more simulation-like experience on PC and consoles. F1 2016 is looking like a huge step up over the previous games and if they do manage to re-acquire the license for another couple of years, I hope they'll continue to give us more control over the car in all aspects of a race.

Of course, people need to keep in mind that they have to keep the game accessible to everyone so there are some aspects of the game that they have to tone down. They could add certain features as optional "manually-enabled" features, but you guys know how game development works... :p

And hey, don't be hating on my beloved Force India. I'm going to kick Checo's butt! :D

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years