F1 2015 F1 2015 - Wish list & Discussion

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Here is my preliminary wishlist

1) Feeder series. F3 or GP2. It would also be a nice intro to those less skilled
2) More advanced driving system and FFB. By all means, have all the assists you can deliver, but make these cars drive like F1. In 2014 the driving is actually better than 2013, but they don't feel like F1 cars. Game Stock Car F3 feels more like a racecar. There is no grunt.
3) Better setups. Keep the simplified system they use now, but give us something more advanced.
4) More intuitive on-board menu system for brakes and throttle. Frankly, I don't care, as I am using Xpadder so I programmed 1 click buttons for each choice, but if you are driving an F1 car you don't want to have to push buttons like if you are playing an accordion just to change the Throttle.
5) Get the vintage tracks and cars back, but this time make them drive like vintage cars. That means H-pattern shifter.
6) TELEMETRY!!!!!

By the way, I realize that much of what people want on these simracing forums flies way over the head of most gamers that purchase the game for a fun Saturday evening with friends. However, we are also a very vocal lot. We make videos, we write reviews. We make video reviews. If we are unhappy and give the game a crappy review, how many Saturday drivers will not buy the game based on those?

And for pete's sake codies, a bit of pride. Buy yourself a copy of Game Stock Car and AC. Look at what GSC offers for half the price (and a free update every other year). Don't you want to produce the best game you can?

To all you guys wanting pit lane control, here is the reason why we don't have it. Animated pitcrews. To get pitlane control, animated pitcrews will have to go, or codemasters will have to put in loads of collisions with the pitcrew, which would be a bit gruesome.

Not true, look at GTR2, a 10 yo game. Manual pitlane controls AND pitcrews. No gore.
If the drivers is going through the crew members, simply cut to another POV and set the car right on the pit box. Preferable to have automated final positioning as you are getting into the pit box than having the whole thing automated.

In fact, if the driver fails to put the car in the proper position, simply add to the pit time as an incentive to get better. Make the crew transparent. Anything is better than this.

I would like for the game to be a full sim... i mean all cars, tracks are Licensed so what they are waiting for...
we cant even control the cars in the pits! And you cant evevn change the gear bx setting in setups in 2014 game.
you can't change the gearbox settings because the real driver can't either, they've to do the whole season on 1 gearbox setting, then so do we

then why can't you setup the gearbox at the beginning of each season in career mode?

You cannot change it at all, i had the preview build and the final build and you cant change the gearbox setting in the first season or spa.
guessing they are working on it since the game is a work in progress! also i have mentioned that in my review before the game was out.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...2014-for-more-than-two-weeks-my-review.94475/
F12014 is a lost cause :)

And about the wishlist maybe a track builder (unlikely), classic edition (unlikely), skin or helmet creator (50/50 chance), Formation laps (perhaps), You can choose to do the young driver test (perhaps), more interviews (perhaps), Maybe money in career mode (unlikely), Hot lap direct posting to youtube (so you can do a lap in time trial and if you log into your youtube account you can record a lap + setup and post it directly to youtube, unlikely)? Overall I think though maybe to make it more realistic when you abandon race instead of pressing a button (this is an option) you have to drive to a run off area and hop out of the car (by pressing a button) it would add to the realism but not sure what people would think.

My wish list for F1 2015
1. You can choose a number for your car like in real
2. The drivers can be switched between the teams.
3. track builder
4. Formation lap und victory lap
5. interviews like in F1 2010 and also the menu like 2010
6. You can walk through the padock during the sessions and also between the sessions
7. podium after the race.
8. news conference after the race.
9. the pre-saison tests in career

Sorry for my bad english. I normally speak german :)

The drivers can be switched between the teams.
3. track builder
4. Formation lap und victory lap
5. interviews like in F1 2010 and also the menu like 2010
6. You can walk through the padock during the sessions and also between the sessions
7. podium after the race.
8. news conference after the race.

Indeed transfers would be an awesome feature. Right now I'm forced to do them on my own.
Also a press conference after the race?! That would be awesome.
As for F1 2014, if one takes a look in the language file they'll find remnants of all the previous F1 games by CD. So definitely a new one of those with a set of different messages and dialogues.

Are codemasters even listening ? For me it's funny that nobody seems to be able to reproduce the AI of Grand Prix 4. F1 2014 would be even greater if the AI actually would actually overtake on the inside outside, change lines etc. Mechanical failures and marshalls pushing out retired cars is also missing.

Something that I've been wanting for a long time on the F1 games on the console versions, and I have no clue if it has to do with licensing issues or what, but I've been wanting Codemasters to give us a way to create our own helmets, or just simply keep giving us the blank helmets, but whatever team we choose to join, can add the sponsors of that team to whatever particular blank helmet we choose? Overall, I just want a lot more customization option's. I enjoy, and hopefully others enjoy making their own young driver one of a kind.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%