F1 2015 F1 2015 - Wish list & Discussion

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
What makes you think CM will make 2015 for next GEN any different to what will be in 2014.
Is it because next GEN are more powerful? Well PC's are still better but CM never made that particular version any different to current consoles. If any thing it just takes longer to produce titles for next GEN and alot of money which CM will need of the back of 2014. I wouldn't get your hopes up, just more silly game modes and nothing for the racing leagues who actual give these titles longevity. Your talking about single player... you should be talking about multiplayer and what CM should be doing for racing communities.
Sorry if i offended you about this mate but i felt the same way at 2012-13 but CM decides to go on SP way instead of MP so atleast we have to push them to put one thing in right way

What makes you think CM will make 2015 for next GEN any different to what will be in 2014.
Is it because next GEN are more powerful? Well PC's are still better but CM never made that particular version any different to current consoles. If any thing it just takes longer to produce titles for next GEN and alot of money which CM will need of the back of 2014. I wouldn't get your hopes up, just more silly game modes and nothing for the racing leagues who actual give these titles longevity. Your talking about single player... you should be talking about multiplayer and what CM should be doing for racing communities.

ummm...I think CM wants to make "Next-gen F1" completly new. New engine, new luck. They said that they want to begin new, and make the game diffrent to the previously. And I think, they really want to do this. Sure, they won't make THE perfect game, but I think they try to make it more like a simulation...

Of course, they could make a better game for the PC than for the consoles. But name me one developer, just one, who makes different games for PC an consoles.

But what do you mean with "If any thing it just takes longer to produce titles for next GEN and alot of money which CM will need of the back of 2014."? Why should this take longer time (yes, "Next-gen F1" needs more time than the others, but this is because CM haven't done a game for next-gen (or current-gen) yet) and why should this cost more money?

Do you think that ppl, if they say e.g. "formation lap" that they only mean the SP? I think, that they mean both, SP and MP. But I think too, that you mean that they should say "spectator mode", "better online lobbies", am I right? But I think, many ppl say this, so I can't really agree with you, sorry :cautious:

I said too much "I think"....I think :confused:

@Kartik Sri Harsha No offense taken mate, I could be mistaken. I thought because you made this thread a wish list for 2015 you were talking about next gen only? Since 2014 already has a wish list thread then why create a new one for what is essentially the same game? Unless you expected CM to to create something different. Personally I don't think they will.... creating one game for over 4 different platforms will not give CM any time to make any thing different for next gen. @Korken500 just prove my point on that one multi-platform games always stay the same. Good luck with your wish list I hope I'm proved wrong and CM actually do something special.

Here is my wish list as part of my contribution:)

Online...
I do wish in multiplayer you could run an online league which could save results for Driver Championship & Constructors Championship, Pole sitters for each race and fastest laps. No gametags needed just need to select real F1 driver that way if someone drops drop out during a season a reserve can take over and continue.

As for in game
One feature I would like to see introduce would be in the dying minutes of qualifying you could do a quick pits stop for fresh tyres. At the moment you have to watch you engineers wheel your car into the garage to select fresh rubber which looses so much time sometimes failing to complete an out lap in time.

Having a Pro mode which is where you can drive with no OSD but your engineer is good enough to relay the relevant information and not just radio silence or the same repetitive nonsense that you usually get. Pit Boards would be nice in this mode also.

@Gavin Hendley
Frankly speaking CM clearly messed up the current GEN consoles utilization, and with the reveal trailer i clearly felt that 2014 will be very same as 2013 with minor improvements and high downsides or flaws just like the past 4 years we saw starting from 2010.
So 2015 is offering them a clear format of new things and applying them as they can be equal to PC in lot of ways which is the reason why i felt a new thread is required and loads of new things can be added if they are utilized Efficiently but as we all know CM is always trying to be one that takes away the important things i don't wonder how they are going to deal with the new situation.

As i stated here
2015 is going to be make or break for Code masters if their sales of the previous versions any thing to go by.
With Going to Next - Gen for 2015 we are yet to see whether they ditch old gen Consoles and their Handling models in the pursuit of making the game Much better than any of the released and the yet to release one.

It will not be called "F1 2015" since Codemasters will not have enough money to buy the official license, which is one of the most stupidly costly and way too restrictive license I have ever seen.

It will be called something else which will not cause legal problems with the stupidly greedy FOM. The car models & textures will also be slightly different than the real ones, except, perhaps, they might be a lot easier to mod, a bit like AC, so users will be able to enter drivers names themselves (to go around the effin commercial restrictions of Bernie's castle house...).

Last edited:
Another hopeful wish list - will they pay any more attention to it than they have in previous years I wonder?
I'm ashamed to say I fell for the attractive graphics & sound in 2010, 2011 & 2012. And even now I am easily impressed by them :) But I finally learned that they are never going to get the tyre strategies or qualifying times or wet performance right, and if that wasn't enough, the badly simulated AI while out of sight completely spoiled it for me. So I did not buy 2013, and will not buy 2014.
When (if) I ever read that they have finally simulated these things properly, then I will reconsider.

I think we all come from different platforms and have different tastes, so our perspectives are different in that respect.

I have only raced on F1 on the xbox 360, and will be switching to the xbox one. For those of you on a computer, you may have abandoned this title long ago, but compared to other racing games available on the xbox 360, F1 2013 is one of the best IMO. For a few points:

1. I think Codemasters is struggling a bit at the moment. They are splitting their resources and thinning out their talent, IMO. All you need to do is look at how they rushed the GRID: Autosport title out, which is good, but could have been so much more. You have two separate cities that purportedly do two separate things. Now, we all know Birmingham puts out the F1 titles, but even if you isolate Birmingham in a bubble, why waste talent and money on putting out F1 for the old gen consoles. I know it sounds harsh and I know I would have been crushed had I not been fortunate enough to get a xbone, but the fact are the facts...talent will be watered down by splitting of these resources. The F1 license is a gold mine, but they will not get any more money because they make the game for more consoles. Put a different way...they will not get any more money BEFORE release by making it for all consoles and PC, although they might get more money in the long run from F1 fanboys (an I include myself in that category, as I will likely get this game, flaws and all) because it's F1. However, I don't think you can ignore the fact that some things will be compromised. For the PC crowd, this will be even more stark.

2. For me, I can forgive a crap-ton of stuff if they just get three things right --

a. Physics. I drove competitively and even though we all know that you can never replicate G-Forces with a game, you can certainly simulate them, and real drivers help out all the time (in other games of course...because no F1 driver can be bothered) to get this right. Personally, the closest I have felt to the way I felt on track in Forza5. However, so much other stuff is missing from Forza5 that it's really just a sterile traction event. But you get the idea. Some of you PC guys have really felt some good handling I'm sure. It's crucial. The current handling in F1 is really king of laughable, but fun. I think the classic cars, TBH, handle more realistically (which still is not even close) than the moderns. And getting the cars as twitchy as they are now in 2014 will be a real trick.

b. Tracks. Tracks have personalities that every driver knows. I myself drove Road Atlanta mainly and I can tell you the difference between a laser-scanned Road Atlanta and the one in Forza4 is night and day. I could go on and on about the nuances in that track, but I think you get my point. Unless they do this in F1 2015, it will fall short.

c. The Racing Aspect. This is what Colin was talking about, I think. You have to feel like you are in a race. At the moment, I think Slightly Mad Studios does the best job at this (or will) at the moment. You can only get close to this with other humans (i.e. MP). Driving is violent. Driving is dirty. Pitt communication with your crew is very detailed and should be done both ways on command. Drivers can look to apex. Drivers have things fail on their car without warning, but they don't "disconnect" lol. The sensation and fear of the speed should be greater, but I'm not sure how this can be done. And the data in F1 is endless. This is sorely lacking. There is the formation, the lineup, and the cooldown with some drivers having to stop to meet the fuel requirements.

My .02.

Last edited:
Nice post @Robert Waddell, sometimes it's difficult to see things from other people perspectives.
Here's some from a PC side of things lol.

In the PC community games like Forza, GT and even Project CARS (i have very little experience with them so i'm gonna keep my mouth shut) are often derided for having arcady driving... if those games, more or less regarded as better than the F1s, get this kind of derision... Codemasters has a tough road ahead of them.

A big problem i see is that they are "afraid" of their fanbase, they make curbs harder "cry babies" come and complain "curbs are spinning me, i see Hamilton attacking the curbs every GP Codemasters is s...".

Never mind that pros don't spin over the curbs because they go at it at the right speed an angle while the babies just want to run over them... not to mention that these guys are running the car with maximum stiffness and as low as possible.

Codemasters could be doing better, but because people complain about curbs spinning them, too much understeer, brakes are locking... they stop short, way short.
We end up with a game where you can drive over curbs, even grass, with no loss of traction... and that's just not good enough.

And from a very selfish point of view i also "take offence" on their efforts to make driving with a pad better while they do nothing about their lackluster FFB on wheels.

From a personal standpoint, me being a F1 fan, i had taken a break from racing games after so many years with no official F1 games on PC.
After a couple of modded seasons in GP4 and Rfactor i lost interest and stopped...

Codemasters brought me back(and i thank them for it), but their efforts leave me looking for more(now i'm on both GSC and AC bandwagons and looking forward to Project Cars), they brought back the hunger, yet they haven't come close to satiate it.

Reactions: Rob

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years