F1 2015 F1 2015 The Game Released

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1 2015 The Game Released.jpg

Just a little while ago Steam unlocked F1 2015 and the annual Formula 1 game is now released in Europe for Windows PC players.

North American's have to be a little more patient and wait for 11 more days until the game releases on the 21st of July 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam for PC. (Update: Seems that Americans are getting lucky with a Steam release today as well.)

The central game mode this year is the all-new Championship Season, which according to the developers promises to deliver the most immersive F1 experience yet, thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a Grand Prix.

The upcoming weekend will be used by thousands of race fans to enjoy the first moments in the game and below you find some handy links and tips to enhance your experience!

F1 2015 Mods and Modding
Our active community modders have already started working to find out whether F1 2015 is moddable. It has a new file system using an unfamiliar file format, possibly encrypted. If and when mods become available for PC users, please feel free to visit our download section to get your hands on them..

Got questions? Want to start your own modding career? Make sure to visit the F1 2015 modding forums and check out the sticky threads for more information.

Real racers, race online
RaceDepartment hosts a couple of long running online F1 series for PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. This great group of organizers and racers are ready to welcome new- and old-comers to their various series. Sign-ups have already started so hurry up and check them out here. Of course everybody is invited to setup daily casual events in the same forum when you aren't interested in racing just for the points but are looking for a more social type of racing.

Let us help you with F1 car setups
RaceDepartment is keeping up with an annual tradition: Since 2010 we have provided a free to use service to the Codemasters community by providing top notch racing setups for the year Formula 1 sim.

If setting up your car is not something you are accustomed to, let us help you out. Here are some useful links that have helped hundreds of thousands of players during the last five years.

Setups
Setups for all F1 cars on all tracks under all conditions
F1 2015 Setups
F1 2014 Setups
F1 2013 Setups
F1 2012 Setups
F1 2011 Setups
F1 2010 Setups

Setups Directory
Handy one page overview of all setups.
F1 2015 Directory
F1 2014 Directory
F1 2013 Directory
F1 2012 Directory

Setup Guide
A handy guide guide explaining the basics of setting up a virtual racing car can be downloaded here

F1 2015 Photos and Videos
Are you an ambitious YouTuber or photographer looking for an audience? Make sure to check out RaceTube and submit your stunning video and photo productions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any assistance for Fanatec V1/V2 pedal users regarding the seemingly slow-to-respond gas and brake pedals? There seems to be very little action from 0-60% throttle/brake, then a highly sensitive section between 60 and 80% throttle/brake, then anything higher is likely to cause a spin or lock-up.

I'd prefer it to be more gradual, not just to be a small window of effective gas or brake.

Any assistance for Fanatec V1/V2 pedal users regarding the seemingly slow-to-respond gas and brake pedals?
Have you played around with the control settings within the game? I haven't hooked up my wheel yet so I don't know what options are available, but as a backup I've found a file that may be of interest...

Look in "actionmaps" folder within the main F1 2015 directory, and you should see the file "action_map_preset_win.xml" - this can be opened within notepad / Notepad++ and then find (Control+F) "Fanatec" (without quotation marks) and you'll see what seems to be the settings for your device. These settings should be available in-game, but guess you can manually change the values to ones which the user interface doesn't allow. Could get interesting results (?)

Not worth it if they added anything its not that good and what they took away career mode changing the race distance etc its just silly i mean are they going to pump for DLC for the stufd they took away back to F1 2014 at least with the mods its kinda ok and 2015 crashes so often its a joke

Looks like they took F1 2014, made it more cartoon-like and added motion blur to hide the poor textures. Console fans may see a difference but for PC gamers this is a sideways step, at least it feels that way for me :(

Every year I fall for it; hoping Codies come up with something new, they have the potential (Dirt Rally) but have come up short again :thumbsdown:

Have you played around with the control settings within the game? I haven't hooked up my wheel yet so I don't know what options are available, but as a backup I've found a file that may be of interest...

Look in "actionmaps" folder within the main F1 2015 directory, and you should see the file "action_map_preset_win.xml" - this can be opened within notepad / Notepad++ and then find (Control+F) "Fanatec" (without quotation marks) and you'll see what seems to be the settings for your device. These settings should be available in-game, but guess you can manually change the values to ones which the user interface doesn't allow. Could get interesting results (?)
That is fantastic information. I've located some saturation attributes, set the values to 2, and now I'm happy with the throttle and braking.

Thanks!

Did anybody noticed that insane straight line speed of the ai?
Driven a race with Vettels Ferrari at Bahrain on highest difficulty and on the main and backstraight the ai blast by there even without drs. No chance to hold them.
I drive wing 3 and rich fuel setting.
Winner Rosberg give me more than 30s in 14 laps ... had a good fight with Verstappen about 6th place. Rosbergs pb was 1.32.6 and mine 1.34.8.

Tbh I'am a really really exp. driver but that was so hard to accept and unbelieveble. What's the problem?

In time trail mode I can set 32.x aswell but struggeling so much in the race.

Not worth it if they added anything its not that good and what they took away career mode changing the race distance etc its just silly i mean are they going to pump for DLC for the stufd they took away back to F1 2014 at least with the mods its kinda ok and 2015 crashes so often its a joke

I'm not really sure why people keep repeating the lack of career mode when its most certainly there. The only difference is that you can't use YOUR name instead you must choose a real life driver.

I'm not really sure why people keep repeating the lack of career mode when its most certainly there. The only difference is that you can't use YOUR name instead you must choose a real life driver.

It does seem odd how it's different this year tho, I mean why not have your own name? My guess is it's a licensing issue or an FIA request... The thing is "career" mode was always just a season mode anyway, none of the updates/progress carried over to the next year, basically every season was a new start, the only thing different is personal stats and the immersion of putting yourself in the team rather than playing as someone else...

I'm sure once the modders get a hold of it we may have a chance to recreate the previous career mode :whistling:

The 'equal' cars option for online is utter nonsence and it will <snip> up the leagues

In a straight line, the Mercedes can do 202-206 MPH. Meanwhile my mate in a Manor could only manage 190 MPH

The Mercedes also has so much grip and is the only car anyone with common sense would use for league racing

mod edited

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mixed feelings about this game.
It looks awesome, especially in the rain. My first career training in Melbourne was a complete wet session. I like how Codies weather gods seem to know how i hate driving in the rain :D

But it felt surprisingly good compared to 2014. You have a decent ammount of traction in the wet, if you got your right foot or your right pointing finger under control.
I'm driving on the 360 pad, so i cant say anything about the new FFB system since the old controller cant handle this.

But the braking....even with a decent control, lockups for days. I admit it, i played F1 2014 without all assists and cant drive 2015 without. I got ABS on and medium traction control, the rear is coming around to fast for my liking. Maybe i should do some time trial to get used to the handling.
The overall handling is great tho. And its more exhausting. After half a race i felt like doing a complete weekend on 2014. lol

The game itseld seems laggy tho. I got rubber banding on all graphical settings with a OC'ed 270X, that shouldnt happen, at least until i turn it on Ultra.
Plus glitching tires. Some cars, especially Riccardo's RBR and Vettels SF-15T, have a glichting left rear tire.

But i'm surprised how good-ish the game looks, even with low settings. Apart from the missing AA, that is :D

I need to play it more, maybe i can get used to the handling that way.

I know but......The game crashes more than Maldonado
- A Steam reviewer. LOL
Yeah saw that too, I couldn't stop laughing. On an other site someone wrote sth. like:

F1 2016...now with NEW intense "Be-a-Driver" Career Mode. A exciting new and innovative Singleplayer and Co-op experience.

For next year's game when CM's bringing (hopefully) back the brand new exclusive never existed before career mode :D

I like that screenshots a few posts above. They are tough, it's raining like hell but they don't give a damn. Cool guys.

That is fantastic information. I've located some saturation attributes, set the values to 2, and now I'm happy with the throttle and braking.

Thanks!

Hi mate, what exactly have you changed in that file? Im using the Fanatec Elite pedals and am having the same issue, accelerator and brake pedals do nothing until about 60-70% travel. I have them plugged directly to my PC via USB because im also using a T300.

Thanks!
Glad that it worked!

Hi mate, what exactly have you changed in that file? Im using the Fanatec Elite pedals and am having the same issue, accelerator and brake pedals do nothing until about 60-70% travel. I have them plugged directly to my PC via USB because im also using a T300.
It seems it was these values that needed changing...

<Action actionName="Accelerate">
<Axis axisName="di_y_axis" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

<Action actionName="Brake">
<Axis axisName="di_z_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

There are several Fanatec devices within the file, so either find your one or make adjustments to all of them to be sure that the changes work. As NeverKrash stated, changing the saturation values to 2 is the way to go, so perhaps make these changes, obviously save the file, then try the game.

I'm going to be optimistic and guess that Codemasters will fix all the controller issues in the damn near future, but this get around may be ok for the time-being.

Reactions: CC
Glad that it worked!

It seems it was these values that needed changing...

<Action actionName="Accelerate">
<Axis axisName="di_y_axis" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

<Action actionName="Brake">
<Axis axisName="di_z_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

There are several Fanatec devices within the file, so either find your one or make adjustments to all of them to be sure that the changes work. As NeverKrash stated, changing the saturation values to 2 is the way to go, so perhaps make these changes, obviously save the file, then try the game.

I'm going to be optimistic and guess that Codemasters will fix all the controller issues in the damn near future, but this get around may be ok for the time-being.
That's a great spot!

Just been having really problems with braking, just changed that value to 2.0 and its a millions times better. Can actually use more than 60% braking without a total lock up. Its not quite right yet, but definitely a massive step in the right direction. Maybe we should start a new thread about this? Loads of people seem to be having pedal issues

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.5%