1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2015 - PC Patch 4 Released Today - July 31st

Discussion in 'F1 2015 - The Game' started by Graham Laing, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

New patch 4 today. :)
    • We've addressed many of the causes for various crashes and hangs.
    • Fixed the issue causing a deadzone on your wheel after setting your wheel and pedals up.
    • The grey flashback filter will now clear correctly
    • Reduced motion blur
    • Snag removed from turn 4 at Melbourne
    • Car model for Manor will now display correctly all the time
    • Cars can no longer retire in the pit lane
    • Assist settings will now save correctly
    • Vote to skip added to Online practice
    • No longer disqualified when resetting to track
    • Allow the user to customise their Championship Season weekend.
    • Fixed Fuel Mix levels appearing to produce incorrect vehicle performances.
    • Car can no longer become stuck in second gear when exiting the pit lane.
    • Fixed the Chase camera angle sometimes becoming permanently tilted after changing control bindings on supported controllers.
    • Leaderboards will now be updated without having to go back to the main menu.

All patch details and additional game info can be found in the sticky thread here

* Added note *

(Try the alternate method below 1st) If you now have a huge wheel deadzone after this patch. I suggest that you go to your game settings, change the controller to your keyboard, then re-select your wheel. You will lose previous custom settings, so now you will have to remap any buttons/keys to get your custom settings back.

This could fix your new deadzone issue if you did get one. It fixed it for me (+/- 45 degree deadzone post patch (G27)), where I had no problem pre-patch

** Another alternate fix method is mentioned in @Xero 's post below - click here
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  2. It fixed my main problems, which were the 50% dead zone when using separate pedals (CSR Elite) and the "stuck in 2nd gear coming out of the pits" thing.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. monsieurjackb

Premium Member

So does this mean we can adjust it to be for example full practice, full quali but a 50% race in 'career' mode?
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Yes :thumbsup:
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. patch has made me lose complete weight in my wheel.before hand i only lost weight after pitting now cant get ay what so ever errrr not happy.good to see they actually trying to sort it but omg this got to be the biggest let down so far from codies
  6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hello all,
    Not had chance to fire this up yet, so I'm being lazy asking here (sorry :)).
    Has this patch made any improvements to the '"blurry" graphics and / or improved the low FPS issues by any chance?

7. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

The patch notes say 'reduced motion blur' ...........

However I don't use motion blur anyway, I disable it in the hardware settings XML file. I use SweetFX to improve visuals. I'm using this one

The short answer is ........ I don't know how the game is effected by this patch tweak. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium Member

Unfortunately the dead zone fix you suggested does not work, I'm using CSW v2 with f1 wheel and have massive dead zone.....so annoying
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

That's a shame, it's beginning to look like only I was the lucky one (G27) :unsure:
  10. The way I fixed my deadzone issue was to simply reassign my axis for steering and pedals inside my custom profile. Changing to keyboard and back doesn't work.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Keith Dixon

Keith Dixon
    Premium Member

I've got rid of the dead zone issue and finally got my first races in today, but I have to restart every race session, reset the profile to custom as it defaults to keyboard and recalibrate the wheel
  12. Same here. This patch complete broke Fanatec CSW v2 wheel support. There's a huge dead zone now. The wheel doesn't seem to turn properly and the FFB is almost non-existent. Seems many people are reporting the same issue on the Steam and Codemaster forums.
  13. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

I must admit, I have just done a GP tonight, and when I went out for practice the 90 degree deadzone (45 each side of central) was back (G27).

Had to map the the steering wheel axis as Xero did above to get it back. It was OK for the rest of P, Q. & R
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. James Robertson

James Robertson
    Premium Member

.why release a patch on a Friday that completely breaks the game, better leaving it till a Monday and then if something does go wrong you have people in the next day to fix it.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. JoelGL

Premium Member

Still no fix/feedback regarding FPS dropping (mine from 75 to 20s). Too frustrating, can't finish a 25% race.
  16. Still wayyyy too blurry for me, looks yuck. It should be crisp at 1440p but instead it's just a blur :S
  17. JoelGL

Premium Member

Yeah. Have you tried the mastereffects mod? Improves it quite a bit.
  18. Unplayable i have a massive dead zone whit my Fanatec V2 like lots of poeple . I cant find a solution anywere .
  19. JoelGL

Premium Member

There is, but it's cumbersome. Always, after starting the game, go to wheel settings and re-assign Steering axis. At least for me, it has to be done always w/ this latest patch and my custom G27. Got the tip from @Graham Laing.
  20. Well it's Monday and so far not a peep out of CM.