F1 2015 Modding Questions Thread

Had a curious thought, is it possible to swap driver models to different suits and years? For example, could you switch Button over say Massa so he's in Williams wearing a Martini Racing suit and vice versa?

Hi. I'm new here and I'm trying to make a realistic 2014 season. For example, McLaren and Force India have been too slow in view of reality (recall the McLaren in Australia and Russia and Force India in Bahrain). So I want them to change performance. I followed that method of @ninbang and I was able to, until part of when to return .xml in .vtf.I try delete the original .vtf file and rename the modified .xml to the original .vtf. Later, when I imported edited vtf in the EEA, I was able to replace it with the original ERP file. But edited ERP file was smaller than the original (7 KB - The original is 8 KB). And then when I turned on the F1 game, it would be before the start of the race it crashed. I probably made a mistake in the step where the .xml returns to .vtf type. That's why the smaller size, I think. So, I would like you to help me to say exactly what to do after I edit the .xml file in Notepad ++. Thank you very much. ;-)

Last edited:
Quote: need ryder language editor.
@frwertwet
Because this is your FIRST post here at RD....we prefer a much more friendly way how we post things... So, you would really get more help when you put *Please*...or *Thank you*....or at least a whole sentence in your post....
Just my 2 cents.
Cheers
Andrew

Hi, from what I can gather from looking around the forum re the F1 series of games (at least the newer ones), there is a UDP based telemetry feed that can be enabled. Is there a thread/documentation detailing the format of the telemetry data output, i was unable to find one. Is this UDP stream available on the consoles as well (like it is with Project CARS) or just the PC edition?

Thanks

Hi, im new to modding, i want to create a customised mod with different drivers at different teams. performance changes, car skins ik how to do helmets. it feels like a lot, probably is but i always appreciate help thanks alot to any1 that helps me :):):)

Hello guys, I'm trying to change car's performances following this method http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2015-modding-questions-thread.105067/page-14#post-2127448
however, I have a problem.
I tried to make McLaren as fast as Mercedes, so I copied everything in the merc's file and put it into the mclaren's file, then put that into the game. When I drive the McLaren I can feel the difference (340kph on a straight); however the AI don't seem to (Alonso always finishes 2/2.5 seconds behind the mercs - btw I'm using catalunya as a circuit)... do you have a solution??

i did all the steps on ninbags instructions but when i go to import it i click on the folder its in but nothing happens. please help.

... I tried to make McLaren as fast as Mercedes, so I copied everything in the merc's file and put it into the mclaren's file, then put that into the game. When I drive the McLaren I can feel the difference (340kph on a straight); however the AI don't seem to (Alonso always finishes 2/2.5 seconds behind the mercs - btw I'm using catalunya as a circuit)... do you have a solution??

Unfortunately, we don't have access to the database file - ie. I'm assuming that's where the engine gets specified per team. So, even though you're using Merc's vtf specs, the McLaren still uses the Honda engine.

You could try little tweaks like slightly reducing car mass, aero cd max, some COM_Y/Z values, etc. Maybe give a slight bump in grip. To compensate for the engine differences, you could bump up the FuelPowerScale values (but you'd need to adjust down the FuelBurnScale so you're not burning fuel too fast). When messing with engine values, you'll want to keep an eye on how the engine temp's react in the game. This is all trial & error unless someone can offer a more scientific approach to performance tweaks.

As for the AI, unfortunately we don't have access to the AI's racing line and braking points like we used to in the previous years.

i did all the steps on ninbags instructions but when i go to import it i click on the folder its in but nothing happens. please help.

Try this ... instead of specifying a folder during the "export" process, just use the default desktop location. It will create a folder like "f1_2015_vehicle_package" on your desktop. Then, after editing the vtf file (in the desktop folder), click "import" & "ok" ... but without selecting any specific folder (since it will default to the desktop). Then, of course, save & overwrite the target erp file.

Note ... after you're done editing a car, you'll want to clear out that desktop folder. Otherwise, the next time you import, you'd be importing all the previously exported & edited contents into the next target erp, etc.

Unfortunately, we don't have access to the database file - ie. I'm assuming that's where the engine gets specified per team. So, even though you're using Merc's vtf specs, the McLaren still uses the Honda engine.

You could try little tweaks like slightly reducing car mass, aero cd max, some COM_Y/Z values, etc. Maybe give a slight bump in grip. To compensate for the engine differences, you could bump up the FuelPowerScale values (but you'd need to adjust down the FuelBurnScale so you're not burning fuel too fast). When messing with engine values, you'll want to keep an eye on how the engine temp's react in the game. This is all trial & error unless someone can offer a more scientific approach to performance tweaks.

As for the AI, unfortunately we don't have access to the AI's racing line and braking points like we used to in the previous years.

Try this ... instead of specifying a folder during the "export" process, just use the default desktop location. It will create a folder like "f1_2015_vehicle_package" on your desktop. Then, after editing the vtf file (in the desktop folder), click "import" & "ok" ... but without selecting any specific folder (since it will default to the desktop). Then, of course, save & overwrite the target erp file.

Note ... after you're done editing a car, you'll want to clear out that desktop folder. Otherwise, the next time you import, you'd be importing all the previously exported & edited contents into the next target erp, etc.

i tried that but its just blank. i might be doing it wrong tho coz when i convert the file to xml and change the performance do i just change the file back to vtf or do i convert it in that software and what shall i do with the other vtf file.

i tried that but its just blank. i might be doing it wrong tho coz when i convert the file to xml and change the performance do i just change the file back to vtf or do i convert it in that software and what shall i do with the other vtf file.

What exactly is blank?

So, you obviously were able to export since you mentioned coverting the .vtf file to .xml. After you're done editing, rename the .xml file to the original .vtf file name (ie. deleting & replacing the original .vtf file is the entire point to import the edited .vtf back into the target .erp file).

Example - Ferrari 2015:
* ferrari!!!temp000.vtf = exported file from target .erp
* ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml = converted .vtf to .xml (to enable editing)
* Delete "ferrari!!!temp000.vtf" and rename "ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml" to ferrari!!!temp000.vtf"
* So ... there is again only 1 file remaining in that folder = the edited ferrari!!!temp000.vtf
* Import-All + Save & Overwrite the target .erp file.

If you've previously edited the exported .vtf file, then you no longer need to convert it to .xml. Just open the exported .vtf file with a text editor and make your edits, etc.

What exactly is blank?

So, you obviously were able to export since you mentioned coverting the .vtf file to .xml. After you're done editing, rename the .xml file to the original .vtf file name (ie. deleting & replacing the original .vtf file is the entire point to import the edited .vtf back into the target .erp file).

Example - Ferrari 2015:
* ferrari!!!temp000.vtf = exported file from target .erp
* ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml = converted .vtf to .xml (to enable editing)
* Delete "ferrari!!!temp000.vtf" and rename "ferrari!!!temp000.C.xml" to ferrari!!!temp000.vtf"
* So ... there is again only 1 file remaining in that folder = the edited ferrari!!!temp000.vtf
* Import-All + Save & Overwrite the target .erp file.

If you've previously edited the exported .vtf file, then you no longer need to convert it to .xml. Just open the exported .vtf file with a text editor and make your edits, etc.

ok thanks i will tell you if it works one thing else when i convert it back from xml do i use bxml converter or shall i just rename it

ok thanks i will tell you if it works one thing else when i convert it back from xml do i use bxml converter or shall i just rename it

it still doesnt work i dont get it, right, i open up the ego erp archiver and get the file and then export it to my desktop, i then converted it in the bxml converter to .xml and delete the original .vtf then change the performance and save, then rename it back the .vtf and open up a new ego archiver then click import then locate the folder press ok then nothing pops up in erp archiver is there something im doing wrong?

... i open up the ego erp archiver and get the file and then export it to my desktop, i then converted it in the bxml converter to .xml and delete the original .vtf then change the performance and save, then rename it back the .vtf and open up a new ego archiver ...

Leave EGO ERP Archiver active in the background while you make your .vtf/.xml edits. When you're ready to import your edited .vtf, use the SAME active ERP Archiver (that already has the target .erp file opened & exported) and select Import-All + Save/Overwrite the target .erp file.

Otherwise, once you close the EEA, there's no .erp file being referenced. Opening a NEW ERP Archiver = blank ... since no files are opened on launch.

Anyone know how to change the colour of the wheels for the 2014 cars? Looks straight forward on the 2015 cars but I can't find where to do it on 2014.

Leave EGO ERP Archiver active in the background while you make your .vtf/.xml edits. When you're ready to import your edited .vtf, use the SAME active ERP Archiver (that already has the target .erp file opened & exported) and select Import-All + Save/Overwrite the target .erp file.

Otherwise, once you close the EEA, there's no .erp file being referenced. Opening a NEW ERP Archiver = blank ... since no files are opened on launch.
Does it matter if i copy the files from mercedes and put it in the ferrari .xml because the ai just seem to be the same and there is no power differnce

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back