F1 2015 Modding Questions Thread

During a race my engineer was telling me that I would be running on reduced power to not destroy the engine, so I guess we do have mechanical/electrical failures in the game. ;)
is that because the game went to 2nd gear for you on pit exit? :D

BUT, I can tell there are punctures, they are back, and pretty effective too

No, only had that 2nd gear thing happen to me once.
The engineer's message came quite some time into my first stint ;)

Yep, noticed them on a YT video yesterday. :)
/watch?v=qDnQQnGP2PQ (youtube).
I don't think I can put videos that aren't in media and I don't want to as it's not mine so I put it like this, I hope it's alright :unsure:

at 7:02 the magic happens

possibly you were revving the engine too hard?

No @Milos don't worry, I searched alphabetically! :) Far to many subtitles to scroll through otherwise!
Yeah I think your right on "Nico".

i had a full brake failure in f1 2014 when i copied over one of the classic cars from 2013. the car and ffb went crazy until i hit a barrier :D
so brake damage has been in the game for a while, just not fully enabled :confused:

i had a full brake failure in f1 2014 when i copied over one of the classic cars from 2013. the car and ffb went crazy until i hit a barrier :D
so brake damage has been in the game for a while, just not fully enabled :confused:
that was after overheating the brakes as the tyres were melting, literally.
Perhaps brake easier and you won't wear out your brakes.

You don't.

In 2013 we managed to mod the classic content.
There was a common method with the raceload.jpk. It basically changes the directory of the files. In the new directory we put a square of colour, for example yellow. Now the car ingame was completely yellow. Now we could, with tons of trial and error and the help of UV patterns, create liverys on the classic content.
But i saw ML2166 posting a picture of the the livery file of the classic content Williams. I wondered how he opened it, asked how he could extract that and he answered:

"You don't extract them, you rip them from the game using a game ripper."

-

i dont own F1 2015, but it could be that these files could be opened the same way. Rip them with a game ripper to actually see the content of the encrypted files, then change the directory with the raceload and paint new livery.

Just a thought - Maybe its helpful for you guys. Dont know if that could work and also never understood the system with the game ripper.

Last edited:
Okay guys, a little update. I've managed to get .tga files open somewhat reliably. I cannot guarantee anything, but I'll keep you updated.

Attachments

• erp.PNG
    erp.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,063

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%