1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2015 General Car Setup Discussion

Discussion in 'F1 2015 Setups' started by Graham Laing, May 5, 2015.

1. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

f1-2015-RD-Setups.jpg

Please use this thread to discuss F1 2015 setups in general. Please do not use this thread to post specific setups for specific tracks. Use the provided setup thread for each track, and use the setup template.

The setup directory is here

The setup template and rules are here

Mini-NeedHelp.jpg

If you need any help please feel free to ask away!
    If you see a post which is offensive or bullying, please hit the 'Report' button at the bottom of any post.

Cheers,

The
    F1 Team
    Click Here To Contact Us

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. Hey guys im in my first champions mode with torro rosso and having some trouble with my setups( not verry good in) can somebody help me thnx

3. One of the features of this year's game is the ability in time trial to use the setup of anyone who has posted a time on the leaderboard.

One consequence is that it might be something of a disincentive to share setups on this forum; another, that the TT setup might not work too well in other modes of the game - tyre-wear for example (though this aspect is rather difficult to gauge since, at least to me, tyre wear is hard to detect and seems less of an issue in this year's game).

Differential is probably the most significant new option this year. Looking at the setups from the top of the leaderboards, 100% on throttle seems a norm. But of course, the top times tend to be a Mercedes, which seems to me to behave as though it has TC compared to lower tier cars. The 100% on throttle doesn't work so well on a Marussia (2014 season).

Wings do seem to give nose and grip this year though.

But to be honest, I continue to remain bemused by the setup options in this year's game.

Tyre pressures? Anyone detect an effect?

Differential setting definitely have an impact, but more so in lower tier cars.

4. The one thing that surprised me the most is that on some cases they seem to go against conventional wisdom. Since when ballast to the front causes understeer?