F1 2015 F1 2015 Advanced Wheels Settings

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
@Peter Hooper

Perhaps the paragraph you quote is more to do with those 'economy' game wheels, that have very little in-built rotation (in degrees, like 180 or less). The whole game is based around 360 degrees of rotation.

Of course linearity should effect all wheels anyway, no matter what type

Have you tried missing out any manufacturer's profiling software, and setting the rotation directly in the Windows control panel (if available to your wheel)? i.e CP > Devices & Printers > Your wheels > (advanced) Properties ?

I must admit I kind of like the whole 360 degree thing. Where in most games I may set my wheel to 540 or 900, as the games can handle it, I like 360 for this game. In open wheelers especially, I don't like crossing my hands at hairpins or to catch an oversteer going out of control. As using the paddles become a struggle, due to the paddles rotating with the wheel (G27)

@Peter Hooper

Perhaps the paragraph you quote is more to do with those 'economy' game wheels, that have very little in-built rotation (in degrees, like 180 or less). The whole game is based around 360 degrees of rotation.

Have you tried missing out any manufacturer's profiling software, and setting the rotation directly in the Windows control panel (if available to your wheel)? i.e CP > Devices & Printers > Your wheels > (advanced) Properties ?

I must admit I kind of like the whole 360 degree thing. Where in most games I may set my wheel to 540 or 900, as the games can handle it, I like 360 for this game. In open wheelers especially, I don't like crossing my hands at hairpins or to catch an oversteer going out of control. As using the paddles become a struggle, due to the paddles rotating with the wheel (G27)
Ah, I should have pointed out that I am on the Xbox One so have no profiling software, the game doesn't even offer any calibration function. There is no problem at all with the same wheel in pCars but that does offer it's own calibration option so maybe thats part of the problem with this game.

Wow ......... nothing to calibrate or adjust the wheel settings via the XBox system, ignoring the game settings for now?

MS needs to pull their finger out ..... :)
Nope.. not that I am aware of. The only settings are those within F1 2015 itself so I have all the usual advanced controller options but nothing that calibrates the wheel. Just read something that indicates a higher setting on the linearity (50) solved the twitchiness for someone else so hoping that does the job :thumbsup:

@Graham Laing So I got up early this morning to have a quick test before work and guess what?... upping the linearity to a greater degree worked a treat. I set it to 50 and the steering is now smooth as silk :inlove:.

Having re-read the bit on that thread you posted about the advanced controller settings (you also mentioned it in your post at the top of this page too btw) I should have twigged earlier because it clearly states the following:-

On Xbox and PS4 it is hard-coded to have the wheel rotation set at 360 degrees, for those wheels that support it.

It was only when checking something on my wheel to answer a question about it that it struck me between the eyes.... my wheel has 240 degrees rotation so a 33% difference to the hard-coded setting and therefore requires a much higher linearity to achieve the desired neutral effect. It makes complete sense now that I was experiencing twitchiness at the lower settings and only noliced the improvement when jumping up in bigger increments. One of those light bulb moments lol

I'll experiment with it some more next time I am on but as it stands 50 seems damn near perfect :thumbsup: I also set the saturation higher (30) but will play around with that some more too. Having the linearity and saturation at the same level may porovide an even better feel :inlove:

Hope that may help some others experiencing a similar problem :)

@Peter Hooper

Excellent, I glad that you've worked it all out :)

excellent.jpg

Guys! had the same problem, the car wasn't responding when turning left and right, had to turn the steer the wheel almost 90°. I discovered that you have to go each time you want to play you have to calibrate, very annoying.

@Peter Hooper

With the latest patch, do you also keep remapping steering every time you run the game, to remove steering dead zone? Or did you increase your Profiler strength, or keep at 100/0/0 - 360deg? Likewise, are these in game-specific and/or Global?

Hi guys - I think my problem is also related to this post. My G25 wheel works fine when I select G25, but as soon as I try to reconfigure my buttons - the controller type changes to "Custom". And without changing anything else - the car becomes uncontrollable. There seems to be a deadzone of some sort because I can move my wheel left or right for about 15 degrees, before the cars starts to respond in game. I am a Formula 1 fanatic, and I have nearly all other car games or sims on the market - but F1 is owned by Codemasters for a reason - because it is the only game that has the accurate cars & drivers with full weather etc. Project Cars is my second favourite, but for a fanatic like myself, the open wheel cars isn't turning me on. :p
I have sent countless mails to customer service etc... but they don't even bother coming back to me. So where does this leave us - the guys who keep paying money for their games. We have asked for dedicated server option, multi tier qualifying and online practice sessions since 2010. They simply don't care about any of those requests. And let's face it - if you are also in it because you love the sport, then you should probably also want all these features available to make online racing aspecially full championship more realistic and emersive. I say we should maybe tart a patition. If we can get a 100 or so people to agree with what we want, then maybe Codemasters would listen. No point in buying their product if they don't give us what we pay for - what we want - what we need.

Regards

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years