F1 2014 F1 2014 Retail Does It Require Steam?

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
not sure i worded that right!!!

ok here's what i want to know.
when i bought grid autossport, i installed it, and i found i needed some big arse files from steam, what i want to know is, do i have to go through the same bullshit. that i did for grid, i dont like steam and i dont like having to deal with it, so can anyone verify that i will need steam to install this game??

thanks

Hold on, I was referring to the Steam version (digital download) for PC.

If you are talking about the PC DVD version, then I seriously doubt that there is a need to download anything. Unlike F1 2013, there is no Classic content which made the game so large.

2.9 GB will easily fit on a DVD, and it will de-compress to 5.1 GB.

It still has to be installed into, and used via Steam, but there should be no downloading involved.

I have bought all this series of games on DVD (apart from this one), and only F1 2013 involved a large download. Half from the disc, the rest downloaded.

I may have misunderstood your initial question, and answered it too quickly :)

ugh, it's the download size that bugs me, ie i have a copy of bioshock infinite sitting here i cant play because it's gonna cost me a ton of money to download the other half, it's a crock of crap

Of course my personal opinion, but unless you are living in a third world country I'd not accept an ISP contract that doens't provide me proper internet. @Chris Stacey told me that even in a 1st world country like Australia bandwidth is capped. How come nobody is protesting in the streets against such mafia practices :) ?

On the other hand, if you do purchase a DVD in a retail store, the basic files should at least be on the disc and not just a steam client installer. Unsure if thats the case with F1 2014 though.

Hold on, I was referring to the Steam version (digital download) for PC.

If you are talking about the PC DVD version, then I seriously doubt that there is a need to download anything. Unlike F1 2013, there is no Classic content which made the game so large.

2.9 GB will easily fit on a DVD, and it will de-compress to 5.1 GB.

It still has to be installed into, and used via Steam, but there should be no downloading involved.

I have bought all this series of games on DVD (apart from this one), and only F1 2013 involved a large download. Half from the disc, the rest downloaded.

I may have misunderstood your initial question, and answered it too quickly :)
no your spot on the money, these game devs really bug the hell out of me, i refuse to buy anymore games for pc, if they are gonna force me to download the other half of the game, i want what i paid for, i dont have the money to shell out to download the other half of a game, it's not right and i wont support game companies that pull this crap.

well thanks to you guys(you inspired me lol) all going well i will be fully net connected. you made me realise how much i needed a proper connection. so all going well 2 weeks from now i 'should' have a decent connection...who knows i might even see you out onn the track someday lol

i wont be buying pc games any longer. im moving to xboxone by years end. im not much of a modder.. so seems a logical choice...yes our isps are pretty bad here in oz...

The consoles will be doing it as well once they can't fit everything on the disc. For the re-release of Halo or whatever it is, the disc is full so you need to download 20GB (!!!) to play, I believe.

yikes, thats one game i'm getting the day i buy my console, i loved playing halo on 360, def gonna need that connection, thanks for the headsup lol....nothing is more fun alone than blasting aliens lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back