Tyre temperatures in the WET for Caterham in Time Trial mode are 81 degrees.
Tyre temperatures in the WET for Caterham in Career mode are hovering around 75 degrees for me. It's like driving on ice and I cannot get the temps up to 81.

I can't seem to figure out how to fix this. I don't want to increase grip, I just want my tyres to be in the correct temperature window - which will then increase the grip.

Anyone know a way? I've looked through every file I can think of but can't seem to figure it out. :(

Does anyone know why parts of the car are not visible? I just changed the "pod" cam and had this result, same with the Marussia.

Would be great if somebody could help.

see screenshot:

Attachments

• 20161129160558_1.jpg
    20161129160558_1.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 320
Hi to all.. I'm correctly playing at the Russian Sochi.. Tried to power up engine by changing engine_power_scale to 1.3 and it seems to work but I have problem with the engine heat. After few laps engine just explode xD
In the CTF Editor I can see 7,8 entries for engine heat but no idea which one I should change or how to.. increase or decrease numbers..

So, if anyone can help me with that it would be great.
Thanks.

I am only guessing here, but I would say try one of these (or both):

engine_heat_absorbed = increase (try 0.33 - this is a 30% increase to match the 30% increase in
engine power)​
engine_heat_capacity = increase (try 5200 - this is a 30% increase)

Again, its a guess. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply.
I exchange original numbers for the engine power scale and increased grip from 1 to 1.1 both front and rear. Also increased rev_limit from 1450... to 1480.
Now I can compete with the legendary but still have a little advantage, probably gonna reduce rev_limit a little bit more.

EDIT: Will it take effect if we set 1.08 or something like that or are we limited only with 1.1-1.2.....2-2.1 etc?

Is there at all a limit as to how many drivers and teams you can have?
I think the most teams you can have is 12 since there never were more teams in a Codemasters F1 game. HRT is also still saved in the language file. And I think you can only have 2 drivers per team.

I need help, guys.....
1) How can I change the car number on the livery? I know I asked this perhaps around 42 times but I still don't know how to do it.....
2) How can I transfer a current helmet design to another driver? So for example I put Alonso to Mercedes instead of Rosberg, how do I put Alonsos helmet in Rosbergs helmet slot?
Thx guys :)

Hi I was trying to change drivers on F1 2014 but editing by ELE doesn´t worked so I had to do it with EDE when I was trying to add NEW drivers the game doesn´t showed the results I want, but when I switched drivers for example Hulkenberg to Renault it worked perfectly can you help me please?

Attachments

• F1_2014 2017-03-06 00-36-23-13.jpg
    F1_2014 2017-03-06 00-36-23-13.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 254
  • F1_2014 2017-03-06 00-38-12-88.jpg
    F1_2014 2017-03-06 00-38-12-88.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 283
I think the most teams you can have is 12 since there never were more teams in a Codemasters F1 game. HRT is also still saved in the language file. And I think you can only have 2 drivers per team.

I need help, guys.....
1) How can I change the car number on the livery? I know I asked this perhaps around 42 times but I still don't know how to do it.....
2) How can I transfer a current helmet design to another driver? So for example I put Alonso to Mercedes instead of Rosberg, how do I put Alonsos helmet in Rosbergs helmet slot?
Thx guys :)

Has anybody ever get to run 12 teams in a race? I tried it myself now but without any success :(
To 1) The car number is painted on the skin, so you have to export the livery which is in the "cars/livery main" folder. There are two .pssg files (high and low) which contain the livery file. To open and work with pssg files you need EGO PSSG Editor. Once you have exported the livery, you can edit the number with graphic programs and then re-import it again and overwrite the old livery.

To 2) It is the same for the helmets. You have to extract the helmet file out of the .pssg files I mentioned above and import it to the team you want. But the helmet, which you will find in the "cars" area is only visible during the sessions. If you want the helmet visible in the sequences after race/quali you have to work in "\characters\models\2013". There you will find the files like "hightxt_felipe_massa.pssg" for any driver. Do the same with this pssg files like above.

The difference is: In "cars" folder the helmets are related to the cars. In the "characters/models/2013" folder the helmets are related to the drivers. So you have to combine a bit :D But in the end, it's still easy!

What do they mean in database.bin?

Control
Agression
Good day chance
Bad day chance
Speed_in and out

Don't know what Good day chance & bad day chance mean or effect. The other are clearly effecting the pace of a driver but I think that speed_in and speed_out has way more influence.

Hi I was trying to change drivers on F1 2014 but editing by ELE doesn´t worked so I had to do it with EDE when I was trying to add NEW drivers the game doesn´t showed the results I want, but when I switched drivers for example Hulkenberg to Renault it worked perfectly can you help me please?

Did you changed all the names in the f1drivers table in the database? If so, that won't work or at least I don't get it work either. Because this table refers to a special graphic/data in other files and in these files don't contain datas for drivers who aren't in the base game. So to get the names work you need to edit the language file.
To not overwrite names but just add new ones you have to do following:

Go in the database f1drivers table and search for "first_name_string_id" & "surname_name_string_id".
It works as follows: In Alonso's row there is "Fernando" and "Alonso" for the two columns. So the game will look in the language file for the entries "db_Fernando" & "db_Alonso" and shows these entries as his name ingame.

So if you changed it to "Lance" and "Stroll", the game will search for the entries "db_Lance" and "db_Stroll" in the language file. You have to create them manually, otherwise it won't show anything I guess.

I do not recommend to change other entries in this database f1drivers table which includes the drivers name because I actually didn't get it work

Hope I could help you guys!

Last edited:
Dude, you are a hero. Thank you very much, I now understand it :D but I'm afraid I do not have a graphic program that can read a PSSG file :( and for the helmet thing: it sounds easy, maybe I can tell you later if I consider it easy too :p anyway, thanks for your help, mate!

Has anybody ever get to run 12 teams in a race? I tried it myself now but without any success :(
To 1) The car number is painted on the skin, so you have to export the livery which is in the "cars/livery main" folder. There are two .pssg files (high and low) which contain the livery file. To open and work with pssg files you need EGO PSSG Editor (not 100% sure if the name is 100% right :D). Once you have exported the livery, you can edit the number with graphic programs and then re-import it again and overwrite the old livery.

To 2) It is the same for the helmets. You have to extract the helmet file out of the .pssg files I mentioned above and import it to the team you want. But the helmet, which you will find in the "cars" area is only visible during the sessions. If you want the helmet visible in the sequences after race/quali you have to work in "\characters\models\2013". There you will find the files like "hightxt_felipe_massa.pssg" for any driver. Do the same with this pssg files like above.

The difference is: In "cars" folder the helmets are related to the cars. In the "characters/models/2013" folder the helmets are related to the drivers. So you have to combine a bid :D But in the end, it's still easy!

Don't know what Good day chance & bad day chance mean or effect. The other are clearly effecting the pace of a driver but I think that speed_in and speed_out has way more influence.

Did you changed all the names in the f1drivers table in the database? If so, that won't work or at least I don't get it work either. Because this table refers to a special graphic/data in other files and in these files don't contain datas for drivers who aren't in the base game. So to get the names work you need to edit the language file.
To not overwrite names but just add new ones you have to do following:

Go in the database f1drivers table and search for "first_name_string_id" & "surname_name_string_id".
It works as follows: In Alonso's row there is "Fernando" and "Alonso" for the two columns. So the game will look in the language file for the entries "db_Fernando" & "db_Alonso" and shows these entries as his name ingame.

So if you changed it to "Lance" and "Stroll", the game will search for the entries "db_Lance" and "db_Stroll" in the language file. You have to create them manually, otherwise it won't show anything I guess.

I do not recommend to change other entries in this database f1drivers table which includes the drivers name because I actually didn't get it work :D

Hope I could help you guys :D

Dude, you are a hero. Thank you very much, I now understand it :D but I'm afraid I do not have a graphic program that can read a PSSG file :( and for the helmet thing: it sounds easy, maybe I can tell you later if I consider it easy too :p anyway, thanks for your help, mate!

no problem! No, a graphic program can't read pssg file. To open the pssg file you need EGO PSSG Editor. With this tool you extract the graphic files like car skins/helmets which are .dds files. For graphic programs like photoshop you may need some extra plugin to open these .dds files (just google this plugin for your program). Then you can edit them easily

Last edited:
no problem! :D No, a graphic program can't read pssg file. To open the pssg file you need EGO PSSG Editor. With this tool you extract the graphic files like car skins/helmets which are .dds files. For graphic programs like photoshop you may need some extra plugin to open these .dds files (just google this plugin for your program). Then you can edit them easily :D
I now have the DDS viewer. I guess that should work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back