Is it possible to take the steering wheels files from 2013 and use them in this &/*! costly game? I mean, the interiors files of Lotus, Williams, Force India and Caterham (with the segmented leds). If it is, I "may" consider buying this botched up (lazy) version... :(
Yes, it should be possible BUT as the chassis are different, the position of the driver and wheel will be different, so one would have to tweak those .pssg files, but noone was ever able (afaik) to do that in the past.

I was having a go at the McLaren, but the MP4-29 logos seem to work weirdly.
I can't really describe it, but of anyone has a go, you'll see what I mean.

hi guys sorry for my bad english long time i didn't spoke...

Well i just want to know if it's possible to make some modification in to folders for setting my gearbox because i can't drive in f1 2014 without gearbox setting .... i hope you will understand me xD !!!

hi guys sorry for my bad english long time i didn't spoke...

Well i just want to know if it's possible to make some modification in to folders for setting my gearbox because i can't drive in f1 2014 without gearbox setting .... i hope you will understand me xD !!!
Try to edit .ctf files for the cars, the settings for gearbox should be available there.

Oh really, buddy. It's ok to ask about stuff but this question ... meh, sorry but if you don't know where the files are, you could have taken initiative yourself and use Windows search to search for *.ctf in the cars folder.

Hi everybody.

What is the way to edit the database? It seems that the last editor version failed when opening the new game database...

Thanks in advance for your answers and help.

Hello I'm just messing around with the default helmets and currently I use the ryder pssg editor and export them as .dds files and then edit them in photoshop in 2D which seems to be very awkward, I then have to go out on track and get onto the celebrations part to see if the edit has worked for a tiny detail, is there any way to see these helmets out of game on some sort of 3D program, I have tried using 3DSimed by importing the pssg file but it doesnt seem to load anything but a golf ball looking shape, any help would be great, thanks.

Hello I'm just messing around with the default helmets and currently I use the ryder pssg editor and export them as .dds files and then edit them in photoshop in 2D which seems to be very awkward, I then have to go out on track and get onto the celebrations part to see if the edit has worked for a tiny detail, is there any way to see these helmets out of game on some sort of 3D program, I have tried using 3DSimed by importing the pssg file but it doesnt seem to load anything but a golf ball looking shape, any help would be great, thanks.
what version of 3Dsimed you have?
the PSSG LOD files coded different than last year. i tried to open some LOD files of car model and it looks messy. we might be able to have a correct extracted model in the next versions.

After I finish the HD McLaren SAP skin, I'll try and work a bit on mirrored textures. Will test every car from 2010-2012 and see how it looks in-game, if one of those has all parts covered with single files in the texture, then jackpot! :D

Anybody know how to change speeds for ai for each difficulty? I'm editing the ai_track_difficulties.xml file but it doesn't seem to have an effect.
Which one did you edit? Or let's say: Edit one and replace the other one, too.
There are two: \tracks\ai_track_difficulties.xml and \tracks\era_2013\ai_track_difficulties.xml

One question guys, are rfactor files of theirs 2014 mods maybe compatible in any way with F1 2014? I ask this because they can use skin models of the cars from F1 2014 for their mods and maybe it's vice versa, I don't know. All I know is that they have almost all different liveries for all cars and they look great. If the answer is yes then maybe and wheels files which are also very accurate for all teams can be used in some way.
p.s. I'm just a casual gamer and this is just a thought.

One question guys, are rfactor files of theirs 2014 mods maybe compatible in any way with F1 2014? I ask this because they can use skin models of the cars from F1 2014 for their mods and maybe it's vice versa, I don't know. All I know is that they have almost all different liveries for all cars and they look great. If the answer is yes then maybe and wheels files which are also very accurate for all teams can be used in some way.
nope, not possible to import from other games

nope, not possible to import from other games
even if it was possible, it's illegal to import files from games that are not f1 related games from codemasters into this game

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back