F1 2014 Mod

Hi guys - Reiza has really done a good job with the Formula Extreme cars and any F1 fan probably loves to drive them, but I think there might be a few people out there that would have liked it if the extreme cars looked like the real ones, especially after Codemasters failed to even deliver the correct sponsorship decals and current shapes of the cars.
So far Patrick34's F1 2014 rFactor mod is the best by far imho... and I really wanted to see those cars in GSC. So I asked him and he said he will soon release an update as well. But I made this one so long for you guys to check it out and comment on what is missing etc.
His physics, sound, performance etc. was really well done for rFactor, but Reiza has raised the bar much higher with 8th gear and physics, so I had to "fiddle" a bit.
What we have so far is Patrick's mod for GSC with not only same physics and handling as the Extreme cars... but also the 8th Gear and DRS. The next update will have moving (Visual DRS Flaps) as well.
You might ask what's the difference... well these cars not only resemble the real 2014 cars, but we have hands on the wheels :laugh: and you can choose different tyre sets if you want. Hard-core sim-racers wouldn't care much I suppose... but maybe casual gamers like myself would like to have it
Ferarri.jpg
GSC 2014-10-23 18-13-23-34.jpg
GSC 2014-10-23 18-14-20-53.jpg
GSC 2014-10-23 18-15-23-31.jpg
GSC 2014-10-23 18-15-59-86.jpg
GSC 2014-10-23 18-16-09-54.jpg
GSC 2014-10-23 18-16-47-98.jpg
GSC 2014-10-23 18-17-15-17.jpg
GSC 2014-10-23 18-17-59-41.jpg
GSC 2014-10-23 18-18-06-26.jpg

Body upgrades and Liveries allows you to change your car's appearance based on each race's sponsors and upgrades. Like the Caterham's step nose or the current one... :)

Hope you guys like it. Give it a go and let us know what you'd like to add/change.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Gert, will have a look into it... think it might only be the DRS... but I do want to point out that all physics and performance files are pointing directly to the Extreme cars... otherwise the 8th gear wouldn't work. The only thing different is the tyres... but i will make sure I use that too. Just watching WP lose then i'm on it. lol

It actually does... but it wasn't pointing to a reiza file or something. Already fixed it... just adding the safety car and trying to get a better tyre model for the tyres.
It seems the wear rate doesn't make AI pit... but Grip %.
And this mod's tyres have too little Grip, hence the slower lap times and a tiny bit more difficult handling. Will upload the update tonight still.

Btw @ Gert...
I just did a logic test... with the correct tyre set and with AI on both Extreme and the 2014 cars.
Our cars does 1:11's and the Extreme cars does 1:09's... BUT the 2014 Austria track (on which I did this test) fastest lap 1:12.142 which is a bit closer to the 2014 cars...
But again... the only handling difference there is is the tyres... and since Reiza hid their tyre files, there's no way of duplicating it accurately. Sorry bud.

But I have done a clean Reiza rfm file for the mod which gets rid of the safety car and Stock V8 cars when selecting the mod. Hope it sorts out the earlier issues.

Uploading now.

p.s. still trying to get DRS to work visually. Reiza is quite clever by not sharing all the nice little tricks... but we'll get it eventually I'm sure.
Would have gone a lot better if Patrick decided to work with me on this for GSC... but he's rFactor committed it seems.

Cheers

Nice mod, strangely I can't get it to work with the modded UI and had to revert to the official one using the workaround to stop it crashing.
Hopefully the new update will sort this.
Thanks to all for their hard work.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi guys I updated the cars (Basically just redid the rFm file for cleaner Mod selection)

But here I only shared simsyncpro which will save you guys time and data because you only update files which are new or changed whenever I share them. Go to the following link and unrar the two files to you main game directory.
Wil share all my work like this and whoever uses the simsyncpro can simply sync everything. Nice and easy right? :roflmao:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/patrick34-f1-2014-mod.3848/

Would like to try it but I don't want to use simsyncpro :(
I use Generic Mod Enabler, and I like to organise and install/remove my own mods - I'm sorry, but I don't want another sync program updating my game folder. Only the Reiza one can do that.

No offence is intended, and I can see it is a good idea, but I am just offering my view - personally I would really like to see the mod placed in the uploads section for the community when it is finished, where I can download it and be responsible for the content in my own game folders.

+1

No keen on the whole syncpro idea either. Should really be just the actual game files so people with a mod manager can still go on using it, and the game in the way they wish too.

Still working on it... but hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to upload 1 track per day.
@hurricanman - what do you mean? My mod has 8th gear working fine. Only visual DRS not working yet... but performance wise it's fine.
The tyres needs work... but takes longer to get done because I'm currently working on it alone. Patrick is MIA at the moment. Probably also busy working on his own rFactor mod or something.

HI

i have converted a lot of tracks (f1 2014) from rfactor (wcp-series) to GSC i find out a easy way how you can easy find the meassure the detection point, activation point and so on it is also possible with the GID Tool were you see the "meter" on the KERSDRS view...

BR
Roman

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%