F1 2014 F1 2014 - Ideas and Wish List

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
~Driver Market- At the end of the season, have drivers changing teams.

~Pre-season and In-season testing.

~"Long Race Weekend"- Why have the FP1 and FP2 tyres in the menu when we can't do FP1 or FP2? I want a FULL Race Weekend. Also if they introduce FP1 and FP2 in the game then have the test drivers in the practise sessions as well.

~Drivers' Briefings- Attend a drivers briefing to receive all of the rules and information of the race weekend.

~Telemetry- Be able to observe the telemetry from your laps and your team mates laps to see where you can improve.

~Replay library- Be able to save and store your race footage in a library and watch it back.

~Customisable Helmets- Give us a helmet editor. Let us create our own designs. THIS MUST BE FOR CONSOLES ASWELL! If this can't be done then let us at least customise the colour schemes.

~Post Race interviews- This doesn't do much but does help that feeling of immersion. Have multiple questions based on how the race went. Different ones for incidents etc...

~Improved AI- The current AI back off too early when challenging on the inside of a corner. Make them be more aggressive and make their tyres wear a bit more than they currently do. Improve their lap 1 performance.

~Garage Interaction- When you come back into the garage, you should be able to interact with your race engineer and have options on the screen to select such as, "Too much oversteer", Too much understeer".

~Fix online- Too many connectivity and lag issues.
~Co-op Career changes- Have 2-12 players in a Co-op championship and be able to be on separate teams.

~Gears- The real drivers have a choice of flashing lights on the wheel or a beep in the headphones to know when to change gear. The PS4 controller has a headphone socket and so does the Xbox controller so let us have the option of flashing lights or a beep through the headphones.
~More camera views

~Podium
- If we finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd then have a cutscene of the drivers on the podium.

~Fix the Penalty System

~Improved Communication
- Make the engineer talk to you a bit more about things that matter. Be able to talk to the engineer if you have a mic (there could a list of interactive phrases such as, "Where is my team mate?", "Where can I improve?",
~Parade Lap Cutscenes

~Replays
- When watching a replay, let us choose which car we can watch during the replay, I like watching replays sometimes to see how I did but I'd like to be able to watch it from other cars. Possibly instead of focussing on the one car, how about making the replay of all of the highlights of the race.
~Warm Up Laps- Have warm up laps before the race starts.
~Multiplayer- I absolutely love racing with people online, but the thing I hate is when people crash you off on purpose. How about have a license points system online like they have introduced into the current 2014 season so that if people just want to ruin a race then they will receive points on their license and if they get 12 points then they get banned from online for 24 hours.

~R&D- Make the upgrades on the car more visible. I'm always looking around the car to see whether I can notice any new parts but I never seem to.

~Pit Lane- Have an assist whcih can be on or off which allows you to control the car all of the way through the pit lane and into the pit box when making a stop.

~Mirrors- Make the reflection in the mirrors a bit better quality so we can see whats behind better.

~Drivers' view camera angle

Last edited:
Tracks-Laser scanned tracks like we have in AC:p
Coop-In game telemetry and ability to share it with a friend.That would be awesome in coop.
Race Engineer-Intelligent RE. Who gives you advises and suggestions about the race strategy and how to drive at certain parts of the race. We should hear "Box to overtake this lap " ;).And we want a selection of Types of RE.Like language accent,REs voice,REs talk frequency.I dont want RE talking much when driving in Monaco.
Broken Components-We can see some components on the tracks but they vanish like magic.Ego 3.0 has the ability to handle those tasks.But I dont know why they were not using it in F1 2013.
Hardware - Take full advantage of PS4 and Xbox one.They should ditch old gen systems.Because they were the reason which was holding up the games capability.
UI-To be honest F1 2010 had the best UI.It was immersing you well in the F1 drivers life.
RPG-CM should bring RPG components like we had in GT5.Like drivers endurance ability,quali ability.And training our driver according in to it career.

All these would be awesome for the game.But does CM have enough time to add all these stuff? I hope so:D

I agree with everything including the telemetry but why would you want to share it with a friend? At the end of the day its a race and you should use any advantage you have.

The 2014 season has a new rule that says teams must set their gear ratios at the beginning of the season and they aren't allowed to change them after that. Will this be in the game? If it is in the game then do the team choose the gears or will we choose the gears?

I agree with everything including the telemetry but why would you want to share it with a friend? At the end of the day its a race and you should use any advantage you have.

Then why are you signed up to a sim racing community where people share information and help each other out in trying to become a better driver? Or do you never use helpful information from others yourself? :)

Then why are you signed up to a sim racing community where people share information and help each other out in trying to become a better driver? Or do you never use helpful information from others yourself? :)

Obviously your going to share basic telemetry within the team because thats what the teams want you to do, but in the real world do you think drivers would share every last little bit of information with other drivers and teams? No, of course they wouldn't otherwise the other teams could copy the information and get an advantage. At the end of the day if this is a "SIM racing community" then why is it not simulating the fact that real teams don't share information with real teams. ;)

It will be nice if Codemasters can do a great multiplayer experience (LAN and Online) ... i was thinking about have Practise 1,2,3 - Qualifying 1,2,3 - Warm up lap - Race in LAN and Online, also to have a clutch button for start etc...

Great engines sounds.. take onboard videos to do it :)

Anyone here ever play F1 2009?

It was crap, but it had a gimmicky mode that was actually awesome - the challenge mode.

Elimination Races, Touges, Slipstream, Overtake, Head to Heads, Gate laps, Checkpoint races, Burning Lap (I've missed a few I'm sure) There were also a few scenarios (Eg the last 2 laps of 2008 Belgian Grand Prix, finish the wet race on slicks)

I loved these and F1 2014 could use them, they'd be better than the current Scenario mode and Season Challenges.

The 2014 season has a new rule that says teams must set their gear ratios at the beginning of the season and they aren't allowed to change them after that. Will this be in the game? If it is in the game then do the team choose the gears or will we choose the gears?
No each driver will have his own setup and ratios.But drivers choose similar ratios because of the design and suggestions given by their engineers .I hope CM will include this in the game

I don't see how giving the gear ratio choice to the driver is going to be any good. I'm sure it will just be a setup factor that is left out of the equation, like tyre pressure or ballast.
The other thing I can see not being included in detail would be the KERS engine management system that the teams are using this year.

So, what will the driver be left with? wings, brakes, ARBs, ride/springs, camber/toe, DRS activation, and probably Mix 1 2 and 3 like we have had in the last few versions.

I don't see how they are going to be able to include any of the fuel savings techniques that the drivers are using this year, but CM could surprise me there. I'm sure it would benefit me due to my driving style.

I don't see how giving the gear ratio choice to the driver is going to be any good. I'm sure it will just be a setup factor that is left out of the equation, like tyre pressure or ballast.
The other thing I can see not being included in detail would be the KERS engine management system that the teams are using this year.

So, what will the driver be left with? wings, brakes, ARBs, ride/springs, camber/toe, DRS activation, and probably Mix 1 2 and 3 like we have had in the last few versions.

I don't see how they are going to be able to include any of the fuel savings techniques that the drivers are using this year, but CM could surprise me there. I'm sure it would benefit me due to my driving style.
Spot on mate, CM showed time and time again what is most important and take them off,
We wont see P1 and P2 mostly as well due to the 30 min only running for Prime tire in FP1 rule and a Version could be KERS system - 2013 as 2014

A real effort into online play and penaltys.
Touching side pods and spinning with no fault of your own is the most rage inducing action the game gives you, then they hand you a penalty to really ruin your race.
Also I have no idea how they can do this but they need to exterminate the drivers online that never drive clean...
Rant over :D

"Also I have no idea how they can do this but they need to exterminate the drivers online that never drive clean..."

How about this. Let's use the clean races tally in a way that is useful. Except instead, just worry about the unclean races and then match the tally's to all the drivers and all racers that have the worst unclean streaks have to start either in the back or the pit lane. That's where they should be. Until they can learn how to race. Also, give them a chance if they start to improve by resetting the tally every 10 races.

Another penalty that I would like to see is when a racer misses a turn and goes off the road with both wheels and then tries to come back to keep his spot at the same time causing a crash or even if the racer does not cause a crash. It should be that all other racers have the right of way. I'm thinking a 30 second penalty. It may seem strict but you have teach these clowns.

One other thing. There needs to be cheat protection by Valve so if they get caught using it their Steam account gets banned. That idea is just to weed out the ones that are not willing to learn how to race but instead rely on some grip hacks or infinite kers or whatever else these underachievers might be using.

Last edited:
"Also I have no idea how they can do this but they need to exterminate the drivers online that never drive clean..."

How about this. Let's use the clean races tally in a way that is useful. Except instead, just worry about the unclean races and then match the tally's to all the drivers and all racers that have the worst unclean streaks have to start either in the back or the pit lane. That's where they should be. Until they can learn how to race. Also, give them a chance if they start to improve by resetting the tally every 10 races.

Another penalty that I would like to see is when a racer misses a turn and goes off the road with both wheels and then tries to come back to keep his spot at the same time causing a crash or even if the racer does not cause a crash. It should be that all other racers have the right of way. I'm thinking a 30 second penalty. It may seem strict but you have teach these clowns.

One other thing. There needs to be cheat protection by Valve so if they get caught using it their Steam account gets banned. That idea is just to weed out the ones that are not willing to learn how to race but instead rely on some grip hacks or infinite kers or whatever else these underachievers might be using.

I have a few ideas for the dirty drivers.
1. Anyone with a crash ratio of less than 5.00 (thats 5 clean races to every 1 collision caused) should be made permanently semi-transparent until they reach the minimum of 5 clean races to every 1 crash. This way you can still see them on track but THEY can't collide with you or anyone else.

2. Introduce the points-on-license scheme which they have also introduced into F1 this year. Lets say for every collision, the person responsible should get 3 points. Once they reach 12 points on their license their should be some form of punishment such as a 1 hour ban from online racing or something similar.

3. If someone causes a collision involving 3 or more cars then they should be instantly disqualified.

"should be made permanently semi-transparent until they reach the minimum of 5 clean races to every 1 crash"

I see where you're going with this but it would take away the realism and also it could give an unfair advantage. Plus, I'm getting kind of tired of the racers that blink off and on when you get close just to make it harder to pass because you really can't see where they are on the track.

Some people claim that it's a connection issue while I see it as a cheat. Not all racers do it but some just reduculously blink off and on like a strobe light. Unfortunately I have also noticed that it will affect the AI by making them blink off and on to. Imagine 20 cars blinking off and on just because some knucklehead is using a kers cheat. Annoying.

But, then again that's why I choose my friends wisely. That's what you have to do nowadays is stay in a circle of good friends that are not out trying to win at any cost and then just race with the people that enjoy racing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%