F1 2014 F1 2014 - Ideas and Wish List

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm not a game developer, so I have no idea how it'll be done, but get the car feeling more connected to both the player and the track.

Other devs have managed it, so it can be done.

Also, enabling us to hide the steering wheel would be a massive plus. It's an awful feeling being disorientated by 2 wheels moving at different times, with the added confusion of the on-screen wheel twitching and moving "for effect" - whichever genius at Codemasters thought this was a bright idea, should be shot.

I doubt we'll ever see this. But I would love to see GP2 and GP3 categories included. I mean look at the MotoGP game that also features Moto3 and Moto2. It adds a lot of immersion to career mode, and CM won't even need new tracks.

• Deleted member 161052

I doubt we'll ever see this. But I would love to see GP2 and GP3 categories included. I mean look at the MotoGP game that also features Moto3 and Moto2. It adds a lot of immersion to career mode, and CM won't even need new tracks.
Then what kind of name should we name the game?

Then what kind of name should we name the game?

MotoGP game is also called MotoGP despite Moto2 and Moto3 being present. Same could be done for F1. Still call it F1 201*, but have a more extensive career.

The best racing career game I ever saw was DTM Race Driver 3 (Or Toca Race Driver 3), even though the game was totally arcade, you could drive a full career from Go-Karts to Formula 1600, Formula Ford, Formula BMW, Formula Palmer and F1.

I don't see the need for that in the F1 game from CM. But you could add GP3 and GP2, since they already use the same tracks. It would also offer newbies to F1 racing more time to develop their skills. As GP3 is slower, therefor there's more time to react on track. With a proper racing engineer to also comment on driver style (wheelspin, tyre/brake temperature, rugged driving, contact with other cars, etc) people can take that onboard to become better drivers. So when they hit F1 (and the online community), they understand more and hopefully struggle less.

You could also substitute GP3 and GP with Formula Renault 2.0 and 3.5 (Renault world series), but they also race on different tracks then F1, so it would take more effort to simulate those championships.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

MotoGP game is also called MotoGP despite Moto2 and Moto3 being present. Same could be done for F1. Still call it F1 201*, but have a more extensive career.

The best racing career game I ever saw was DTM Race Driver 3 (Or Toca Race Driver 3), even though the game was totally arcade, you could drive a full career from Go-Karts to Formula 1600, Formula Ford, Formula BMW, Formula Palmer and F1.

I don't see the need for that in the F1 game from CM. But you could add GP3 and GP2, since they already use the same tracks. It would also offer newbies to F1 racing more time to develop their skills. As GP3 is slower, therefor there's more time to react on track. With a proper racing engineer to also comment on driver style (wheelspin, tyre/brake temperature, rugged driving, contact with other cars, etc) people can take that onboard to become better drivers. So when they hit F1 (and the online community), they understand more and hopefully struggle less.

You could also substitute GP3 and GP with Formula Renault 2.0 and 3.5 (Renault world series), but they also race on different tracks then F1, so it would take more effort to simulate those championships.
Then I would name this game something, but I have 3 options...
*I'll tell you soon if I can find names for it*

Commentary - Crofty clearly already has his link with codemasters, so why not keep him in for a day and record some lines for over takes and then just some general chatter for when you are going round? Not expecting anything amazing, but something that isn't too cringey would be great.

Formation lap - Warm tyres effectively = good start and visa versa.

Safety car reform/red flags - More red flags, or any at all actually. Cars not being ridiculous in holding you up and leaving room to those in front.

Pit stops - This is easily my biggest issue with the game. Every single pit stop is 3.1/3.2 and someone else mentioned in this topic that there should be something for us to do to effect it ie- guitar hero style button combinations. Then there is the issue with being held up because everyone pits at the same time. Very annoying.

Tyre wear - I think the tyre wear is a bit much in the game, but I wouldn't mind if the AI weren't on tyres made of titanium. I also wish there would be different strategies.

Hot laps - First and foremost get the cars out of the way. Then I would love it if they made it so cars tried to be the last over the line, because if you get over the line with less than 20 seconds left you pretty much have a free run, which is unrealistic.

Tyre wear - I think the tyre wear is a bit much in the game.in some tracks my timings go slower but the AI cars get faster ,they seem that they don;t have any tyre ware

New Tracks-i would love i we had the legendary track of Nurburgring "the 14 miles track"
and Monza before the adjustment with the amazing 355 km/h speed, and indiana>

better start for AI cars

1) H pattern gearbox and clutch for vintage cars (if present)

2) Better road feel. Feels like I am watching someone else race. Codies: Buy rF2 and AC and Game Stock Car. Drive them. That's what we would like. Put a button that makes it drive like it is now for the controller guys. But give us something that really feels like a car.

3) Deeper sounds

4) real pit stops

5) Better setup screen (keep the silly slider one but give us something more)

6) Either remove or lock the wheel in cockpit view

7) F Renault.GP3/GP2 career

1) Better Career with drivers changing teams, longer, Better R&D progress, podiums and different cutscenes, parade laps and victory lap

2) Live commentary that mention MY NAME (Or a series of chosen names from game). Commentary that comments on over-taking etc

3) Accurate and engaging engineer who gives good comments and intel about weather, teammate, tyres, etc

4) Realistic pitstops, current ones are boring and waaay too long

5) Custom music for game

6) Press conference and interviews which form relationships with other drivers.

7) No bugs

1) Better Career with drivers changing teams, longer, Better R&D progress, podiums and different cutscenes, parade laps and victory lap

2) Live commentary that mention MY NAME (Or a series of chosen names from game). Commentary that comments on over-taking etc

3) Accurate and engaging engineer who gives good comments and intel about weather, teammate, tyres, etc

4) Realistic pitstops, current ones are boring and waaay too long

5) Custom music for game

6) Press conference and interviews which form relationships with other drivers.

7) No bugs
Sadly, drivers won't be able to move teams due to licencing. Codies can't make that :(

f1 2014 ideas
Get your reading glasses ready;)
1.)miltiplayer online-so you can play with someone split-screen online.

2.)helmet designing-so you can design your own helmet with swirls and maybe put your name on it.

3.)facial graphics and suit names and car labels-on the 2010,2011 and 2012 game thy all have ok graphics on the face but I think they could be better. Another thing is the car labels and suit names. THEY ALL SAY THE PREVIOUS DRIVERS NAME!!!

4.)better mirror graphics-at the moment the mirrors only pick up cars about 10 meters away.

5.)better crash graphics-in real life when you tap someone, you get damage but on this, you have to slam into the wall to lose the front wing.

6.)better terrain graphics-so when you go off on gravel or grass it leaves marks

8.)winter testing at Jerez

9.)young driver test-Maybe improve the young driver test.

10.) Working your way up-So you don't start at f1 but maybe at GP3 then work your way up.

11.) better kerb noises-The sound at the moment with the kerb noises, they sound a bit like running over a cow, but that's not saying there bad but I think they could be better.

12.) podium-In 2006 they have a podium so you can watch ourself stand for the national anthem and then spray champagne.

13.) warm up lap-This was also in 2006, and it was really cool.

14.) celebration lap-so after the race you can do another lap and pick up marbles and stuff like that.

16.) team van like in f1 2010

17.) fp1, fp2 and fp3

18.) less bugs

19.) more safety car

20.) slow down when yellows are out

21.) interviews

22.) sponsorship

23.) spectating during qualifying and practice.

24.) pre-race pit walk

25.) being able to walk around the paddock

26.) customizing a celebration

27.) having an agent

28.) having a trophy room so you can view the things you've achieved

29.) if you have a microphone, you could speak to your engineer or interviewers- this could be something for future games

30.) having a championship mode so that you can go through 08-13

31.) better sensitivity and force feedback for a steering wheel.

32.) Ai crashes among themselves

33.) Ai crash into you

34.) dedicated servers for people like level 1-10 11-20 21-30 etc etc

35.) combining Xbox and playstation servers-this probably isn't possible at the moment but i hope that they can negotiate something

36.) Having a professional server or lobby for pros that take this stuff serious.

37.) A helmet camera so if you had a tinted visor it would make the screen darker and you saw the visor strip at the top of the helmet and the padding at the bottom.

38.) Manager mode and designing a team and car.

39.) Creating your own track would be pretty cool

41.) Getting rid of the restrictor when you drive off the circuit.

42.) better noises when you drive off the track-When you go off the track it makes no noise unless your in the gravel. So it would be cool if there was a realistic noise or something.

43.) Having a go kart simulation level or something would be pretty cool, as I drive a go kart and there isn't many go kart simulation games so it would be nice to see something like that on a formula one game.

44.) feature events- So say you we're with McLaren, you could drive around Mount Panorama.

45.) lock-up marks-flat spots

If you turn these ideas into reality, it would be really cool ( even if you made the f1 201X game, you could maybe make a simulation game for the people that love f1 and want the feel of driving an f1 car or maybe make a package or something that you could buy on playstation network)!!!

f1 2014 ideas
Get your reading glasses ready;)
1.)miltiplayer online-so you can play with someone split-screen online.

2.)helmet designing-so you can design your own helmet with swirls and maybe put your name on it.

3.)facial graphics and suit names and car labels-on the 2010,2011 and 2012 game thy all have ok graphics on the face but I think they could be better. Another thing is the car labels and suit names. THEY ALL SAY THE PREVIOUS DRIVERS NAME!!!

4.)better mirror graphics-at the moment the mirrors only pick up cars about 10 meters away.

5.)better crash graphics-in real life when you tap someone, you get damage but on this, you have to slam into the wall to lose the front wing.

6.)better terrain graphics-so when you go off on gravel or grass it leaves marks

8.)winter testing at Jerez

9.)young driver test-Maybe improve the young driver test.

10.) Working your way up-So you don't start at f1 but maybe at GP3 then work your way up.

11.) better kerb noises-The sound at the moment with the kerb noises, they sound a bit like running over a cow, but that's not saying there bad but I think they could be better.

12.) podium-In 2006 they have a podium so you can watch ourself stand for the national anthem and then spray champagne.

13.) warm up lap-This was also in 2006, and it was really cool.

14.) celebration lap-so after the race you can do another lap and pick up marbles and stuff like that.

16.) team van like in f1 2010

17.) fp1, fp2 and fp3

18.) less bugs

19.) more safety car

20.) slow down when yellows are out

21.) interviews

22.) sponsorship

23.) spectating during qualifying and practice.

24.) pre-race pit walk

25.) being able to walk around the paddock

26.) customizing a celebration

27.) having an agent

28.) having a trophy room so you can view the things you've achieved

29.) if you have a microphone, you could speak to your engineer or interviewers- this could be something for future games

30.) having a championship mode so that you can go through 08-13

31.) better sensitivity and force feedback for a steering wheel.

32.) Ai crashes among themselves

33.) Ai crash into you

34.) dedicated servers for people like level 1-10 11-20 21-30 etc etc

35.) combining Xbox and playstation servers-this probably isn't possible at the moment but i hope that they can negotiate something

36.) Having a professional server or lobby for pros that take this stuff serious.

37.) A helmet camera so if you had a tinted visor it would make the screen darker and you saw the visor strip at the top of the helmet and the padding at the bottom.

38.) Manager mode and designing a team and car.

39.) Creating your own track would be pretty cool

41.) Getting rid of the restrictor when you drive off the circuit.

42.) better noises when you drive off the track-When you go off the track it makes no noise unless your in the gravel. So it would be cool if there was a realistic noise or something.

43.) Having a go kart simulation level or something would be pretty cool, as I drive a go kart and there isn't many go kart simulation games so it would be nice to see something like that on a formula one game.

44.) feature events- So say you we're with McLaren, you could drive around Mount Panorama.

45.) lock-up marks-flat spots

If you turn these ideas into reality, it would be really cool ( even if you made the f1 201X game, you could maybe make a simulation game for the people that love f1 and want the feel of driving an f1 car or maybe make a package or something that you could buy on playstation network)!!!
You missed number 7 :p

And (20) cars DO slow down when yellows are out, but the green flag goes up too fast, and you can easily overtake the car that slowed down due to yellow flags

English is not my first language so be patient.

1.- Dummy Grid, Podiums and other Animation.
Since the First F1 our perspective has been in 1st person so:
Practice Sessions and Qualy can have the same animation, starting from the garage and the mechanic fastenign your seatbelt, but how about we STAR THE RACE on te grid? Almost the same animation and menus but your sittign in your spot on the grid. you see people coming and going, press, other drivers and teams. obviously if your behind someone, you can see his team working on the car and so on. just imagine the grid pre-race and thats the scene. select you race strategy and start the race. the loading of the race can take place while the animation of everybody gets off the track and the mechanics uncover the wheels. instead of just starting the race you can get the warm up lap, heat the tires, stop the car at your spot and off you go.
After the end of the race you do the celebration or slowdown lap, get to the parc ferme and time for another animation. remember everything is in POV. get out of the car celebrate with your team, some handshakes from alonso and vettel, go up the stairs with the grid girls and into the green room. here you can check the lap times, results, etc. while you do this the games has been loading the podium scene, press continue and you go to the podium! national anthems some champaigne and a brief Q&A with some licenced ex-driver o Martin Brundell hahaha ;)
the other option if your not on the podium is to get to the parc ferme and go the the scale where you can check lap times, results, etc and you can see other drivers and such. instead of the podium you can go to the press zone in the paddock and answers some questions. This can also be apply to the end of Qualy. AGAIN, EVERYTHING IN POV.

Beside this, i would like to have a different, standalone game of Classic Formula 1, maybe each year we have a different season with a complete grid, animation, teams, practice, pre-qualy and everything. The classic cars are so fun but the AI is soooo slow, so yeah they can fix that to. also, i know they didnt have the same amount of data to make the classic cars, but is kind of weird when you're driving a 1988 Williams and your turning almost at the same speed as the current cars.

things that i dont belive can work:

Helmet cam.- i've been racing go karts since i was 15 years old and i can tell you, your eyes and brain WILL ignore the visor banner and what little of you can see of your own helmet. helmet cam is a silly request. Also at some point i bought a Bieffe F1 helmet and the slot is very narrow, not even then i could see those things..

RPG elemts.- Really? you are the RPG element in this game, i'm in my second season at singapore, and sometimes i keep suffering with the tyre wear. why would you need EXP points to do better when is your "responsability" to do it.

Thats it really, the game is fun and i know it will be limited to what a PC or consoles can do. but maybe we can get i little more flare and immersion right?

With the 2014 Season going to start with in 40 days its better to start this thread now,
Pour your Ideas and Wishes here and Lets hope we get a bit better game

Here's my wishlist for what it's worth:

1) Prevent Cheats has to be a top priority. Cheaters have plagued the game for far too long. I play on Xbox 360, so when I see 1:20 lap times at Imola in the wet, when the real track record in Q was about 1:19:7 and race lap record by Schumacher was 1:20 xx in dry, either there is a cheat or mod being employed, or the game and its physics is fundamentally flawed. CM should code an audit routine into the game that will block cheats from being used online. If MODS are desirable in PC mode, perhaps they could be accomodated with separate lobbies, including TT, TA and other required areas - in order to establish a level playing field. A MODS prevention audit in the code should be built into the Xbox version of the game not only because their use is unfair, but is contrary to the Microsoft Xbox terms of use.

2) Online, dedicated server, or auto-kick (or auto match) those causing lag (if that's possible) from the lobby prior to spawning in the garage. I have not bothered with online this year, it seems so bad. Couldnt get out of the garage on the occasions I tried and I have great broadband speed.

3) Online car model in TT to test "equal" model setups.

4) Expansion of Classics, more cars more circuits (including the Nurburgring Nordschleife), classics era career (quite happy to pay the extra for a classics edition or DLC). Garage view in Classics, full racing weekends instead of one shot Q. DRS (wings control) when they were actually available. In short some of the tech available and controlled by the drivers in the real world during these various periods should be available. 70s would be nice. Oh, and historically accurate circuits - Imola for example was a disappoinment in 2013.

5) Penalties, needs fixing as we all perenially moan. But what should be an easy one to fix is that in the real world, drivers only get a penalty if when wheels cross the white line they gain an advantage for it. I get irritated by penalties or invalidated lap times when I have clearly been slowed down by my mistake, not gained an advantage.

6) Improved UI is needed, especially on menus. One problem is the use of rather stupid non contrasting colours and fonts that are too small. This has been especially irritating in Classics mode in 2013 game.

7) Hate the cutaway views in pit stops, I want to see what is going behind me from driver view when pitting.

8) Greater immersion is definitely needed, though I have no specific suggestions to make. Its absence, however, makes the game feel a bit dead at times.

9) Get rid of artificial braking off the circuit. If you go off you should experience the real physics and a simulation of the real consequences - far too much control over that at present - though the red mist is a good effect when you do hit something not smothered by artificial braking, but it halts when the car has probably got another 50 metres to tumble or slide, with you as a passenger in it. This is one of the things that makes the game feel a bit dead and non-immersive at present.

10) Difficult one perhaps, but the steering lock is beyond a joke and control pad sensitivities cannot be changed. CM should include the ability to change sensitivities for control pads.

Last edited:
An option to turn Formation Lap on.

Have the car in neutral for race starts, so you have to react and change to first gear (In manual).

Make low downforce setups more crippling on tracks that need high downforce.

1970's Classic content (Kyalami and Anderstorp) and 2000's Classic content (Magny-Cours and Indianapolis). Can't be bothered to list tracks.

Better online servers. Lag and DC's cripple online racing.

Penalties need to be sorted badly.

Damage settings. The current "full" should be medium, and the realistic damage mod should be "high" damage on the game.

Snap-oversteer. It is almost impossible to just lose the rear of the car and spin wildly into the wall backwards. Come on, make this happen.

Why can't the rear win fall off, or be knocked off? It needs to be something that can be broken.

Get the flag marshals right. An incident can happen, the marshal after it will wave a yellow. *facepalm*

More dynamic replays. When we choose the camera views from the side of the track, make sure it always stays on those cameras, not suddenly switching to an onboard view just as the crahs you're watching has happened. Also make it possible to follow other cars.

Punctured tyres need to shred and fall apart, maybe fall off.

1 lap races, and an option for 10% races instead of 5 laps.

DRS zones on classic tracks

Probably some more stuff, but this'll do for now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back