1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2014 General Setups Discussion

Discussion in 'F1 2014 Setups' started by Graham Laing, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

F1 2014_SetupsForum.jpg

Please use this thread to discuss F1 2014 setups in general. Please do not use this thread to post specific setups for specific tracks. Use the provided setup thread for each track, and use the setup template.

The setup directory is here

The setup template and rules are here

NeedHelp.png

If you need any help please feel free to ask away!
    If you see a post which is offensive or bullying, please hit the 'Report' button at the bottom of any post.

Cheers,

The
    F1 Team
    Click Here To Contact Us

2. Thanks to Graham Laing for starting this thread. So far, my feelings from the game on setups is that this time wings actually mean something and the 11 11s might slow you down.

The big issue for "assists off" players is getting traction coming out of a turn. I have only had the game a few days so haven't had time to experiment too much with setups (not really consistent lap times yet). Kerbs have a big hit on speed and stability and getting straight on exit from a turn before applying pedal is hard.

It also occurs to me that if you use the "racing line", it is not necessarily the best line for your setup. I got some time in on Sochi, then switched on the racing line assist. My line was generally faster than the in game help, which I thought was especially dire on the long bendy DRS straight - unless of course that was down to my setup???

The other issue (and again this is just how it seems to me after not much time with the game) is cornering technique. It seems staying in a higher gear than instinct suggests more often, "letting it roll", results in faster exits much more than previous versions of the game. Previously I would find myself using that technique much less often - the S's at Suzuka are a classic example where "letting it roll" was necessary. Now it seems almost the entire lap at many circuits needs that sort of approach.

How that affects setups is something I haven't got my head around yet. Perhaps the experts here will give it some thought.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. me and I did not buy the game, someone could tell me if it is worth buying?

4. I hope you will buy it, I miss your great setups from F1 2012 :thumbsup:.

To be honest, it is not worth 49,99€ which is current Steam price. I bought it for 30€ in local store, only because I couldn't resist to join the online league again. And I already think I paid too much..
    Have a look here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/database-mod.3763/
    and here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/4260/the-bug-thread#latest
    Seems codemasters dont care at all.
    I come from sw industry and I can't undrestand how they can release so crapy built with 1 year release cycle. Their only advantage really is they have the F1 content licensed, this title can't compete with sims like Assetto Corsa.
    That's my view.

5. So where is the setup screen? All i can find is the quick setup.

6. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

It's on the TV screen in front of you.

I have made a quick video for you ......

7. Ahh thats where, then whats the point of the one where it says Engineer. I missed the one on the screen. Thanks so much for that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you are driving with Lotus in your career you can go and put Ferrari setups on the car and just change some of it, i have done it in my career and it is working for me, but any setup can work for me so you guys/girls can try this

9. Hey guys little query for you all.

Does anyone have any idea what setup we think the car is using on time attack? I find the car on time attack is pretty well setup for me but no matter what i try I cant seem to make the same car on the same track feel the same using either the quick setups or custom setups in other modes. Any ideas? Ty

10. This is the elephant in the room, in my opinion, for the whole F1 series so far. I think code-masters have a series of performance/physics models and rules for TT, Career, Time Attack and last but not least, Multiplayer. None of these modes is consistent with any of the others. Hopefully, the "ground up" new build for the 2015 game will fix this. I hope the new game (2015) will be more like the old RacePro for setups, that performance/physics modelling for the various modes will be consistent and setups visible for all modes, even if they cannot be changed for some modes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

The car on time attack represents a fully developed F1 car,the best car it can be(an end of season car).The car at the beginning of career mode,is a car that is yet to be fully developed.So it is slower than the time attack car.That is why in career mode you have to do R&D challenges,so it improves the car and makes it handle better and by the end of the year it may be as fast as the time attack car.