F1 2014 cars needed

Hey @Pedro Cunha,

How are the F1 cars coming along? I would love to see some W.I.P photos, or perhaps a video of them.

Just remember if they're not absolutely perfect on the first release, then I'm taking you to court. Because it's in the contract that you'd do a great job.

Tbh they could just do what Project Cars//rFactor 2/Reiza Stock Car did for 2013 season create generic f1 car that sorta looks like F1 2014 model.

Livery's would be done by amazing community in split second.

While a "real" car (with accurate setup options, all the bells and whistles) would be better... This option is close enough.

Wait for the first races to see how powerfull and how much downforce the new cars have, and give us a car that looks and feels like one.

They have drastically less downforce, about 600 hp and 130hp i think from kers for 33 seconds each lap. they dont sound very fun or formula one.

They on their ever marching quest to slow stuff down, the lack of downforce is going to slow corners down the straights should gain speeds. times could be a near wash or they could get markedly slower.

They have drastically less downforce, about 600 hp and 130hp i think from kers for 33 seconds each lap. they dont sound very fun or formula one.

They on their ever marching quest to slow stuff down, the lack of downforce is going to slow corners down the straights should gain speeds. times could be a near wash or they could get markedly slower.

The engineers are incredibly clever, and are predicting to have recovered most of the downforce loss by the end of the season.

This season is shaping up to be a great one. The cars of the past 5-6 years have been entirely too grippy, thus taking away some of the challenge of driving them.

This year the cars will be much more difficult to handle and should sort out the men from the boys.

They are 6 seconds slower than last year (1.23 vs 1.17) @ Jerez.

This is the first test, with completely new engine and a very complex KERS package, be sure that the gap of 6 seconds will get down to about 2 seconds or less at the end of the year. They are not so much slower than in the past.

And second, with the engines being much more torquey, we will see more and more sliding. That is excellent :)

The laptimes won't be as fast as they were last year, but that 6 seconds difference at Jerez is not really representative of anything because no one ran their cars anywhere close to full capacity performance. Mainly focussing on reliability at that stage is far more important. I'd say they could've found Atleast 3-4 seconds if they were really pushing.

I think at these two tests at Bahrain we'll see some much more representative times from the teams that got decent mileage at Jerez (Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren and Williams), while those Renault teams will be trying to sort their reliability issues.

how about we go back to the 90s cars with little downforce with 1000 hp engines, no energy recovery systems no hairdryers for engines. mechanical shifting no launch control did those 90s f1 cars even have abs?

400 less hp than those cars about the same downforce i would wager, and they added ballast to the cars in 2014.

they started limit the engines and intakes they went to downforce to make the cars faster through corners. if they were too easy to drive then everyone should be at the tracks on weekends blasting out some race pace formula one laps.

now they back to trying to strip downforce off the cars, just let them go nuts its formula one, there cars should be dangerously fast, have dangerous grip. instead fia keeps flip flopping back n forth about how to slow the damn things down.

Hey @Pedro Cunha,

How are the F1 cars coming along? I would love to see some W.I.P photos, or perhaps a video of them.

Just remember if they're not absolutely perfect on the first release, then I'm taking you to court. Because it's in the contract that you'd do a great job.

They look great. but remember, the contract also says there will be no previews until they're officially launched.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back