Resource icon

Misc F1 2013 The Current 2013 3D Photoshop Models and Keyshot Models 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
There really isn't any point as you cannot put any modded skins back into the game even if you had them.
it is possible, redirect the skins with the raceload.jpk

Edit:
So without the textures it would be ALOT try and error to get skins. With the skins it will be much easiert

it is possible, redirect the skins with the raceload.jpk

Edit:
So without the textures it would be ALOT try and error to get skins. With the skins it will be much easiert

Not sure if the modded raceload.jpk file would work. To be honest I never bothered to try it.

Aren't all the livery files for the cars and drivers empty for the 90's stuff? Is there even anything about them in the original raceload.jpk file?

Not sure if the modded raceload.jpk file would work. To be honest I never bothered to try it.

Aren't all the livery files for the cars and drivers empty for the 90's stuff? Is there even anything about them in the original raceload.jpk file?
A friend of mine had the idea and already relesed a mod here on racedepartment, a McLaren West livery for the 90s cars. Because he had to work "blind" (he directed the raceload to an empty folder, made the livery there). -> he started basically from nothing, thats why the result is far away from perfect. but with the 90s textures you seem to have seen it wouldnt be that extremely difficult anymore.

Well these are what the skins look like for the 90's content. Both the top skin and speccoc. Just pulled the Williams as a quick test.
5axp.jpg

pw6b.jpg

if you're going to create sth on let, lemme know and I'll update my ultimate driver specific livery mod
79ia62cd.jpg

wait, I guess I will do that so people can use your two existing skins already without the need to change their whole game's structure

edit: done - so the road is now cleared for you guys to create templates and skins

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

Can anyone help me with something? When I opened any of the car models the .PSD file doesn't load properly.

I have Adobe Photoshop CC 14.0 (damn, CC 14.1.2 won't work).

• Deleted member 161052

My friend tried it, it was ok for him
Before my computer's fast recovery, I had Photoshop 14.1.2 and I use 64-bit. I think I don't have 32-bit installed along with the 64-bit.

And the reason was that it automatically rasterizes (I have Danish language installed on Photoshop CC).

edit: it works now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ML, can I ask you some questions about skinning the car?um, I still new to this skinning so I skin it like noobie way of skinning, which just change the mercedes logo,the green colour etc and replace almost everything so I can input my own stuff into the car.
example:
me2_maintga_zps2922ea57.png
F1_20132014-05-1021-22-38-03_zps935706a2.png
F1_20132014-05-1021-26-16-65_zpse246968d.png

And when I saw your vid at youtube about skinning an F1 car, I wanna try to skin the mercedes in 3D way, cause I wanna skin at the Blackish colour part of my mercedes. I thought I wanna apply the Wireframe of the me2_main.tga like you did in your video for the force india so that it be much more easier to skin since we don't know the car actual structure looks like and where its bodypart located in the me2_main.tga, even im confused and took me hours to guess the nose length. lol. Back to my actual reason of questioning..

1. The moment I saw you bring up the *Wireframe* of the Force India car / fc2_main.tga in your video I was like, "Where the hell that wireframe come from" >.< ?
2. How do I know which one to clear out in the speccoc.tga, the mercedes abit weird compare to other car which shows more of thier component in the skin.

P.s Im still new to Photoshop, my class only teach illustrator, haven't learn Photoshop yet. So im still more to basic in it.

Last edited:
Hi

The wireframes are a separate layer that is included in the 2D template with each car. You just need to enable the layer to see it.

If you go onto the channels tab at the top of your layers list it should read RGB, RED, GREEN, BLUE. Generally the logos etc that would need to be painted out are on the green layer. But check the other layers individually just to make sure what you need to paint out is fully gone from all of them one by one.

Hey ML, can I ask you some questions about skinning the car?um, I still new to this skinning so I skin it like noobie way of skinning, which just change the mercedes logo,the green colour etc and replace almost everything so I can input my own stuff into the car.
example:
F1_20132014-05-1021-22-38-03_zps935706a2.png
F1_20132014-05-1021-26-16-65_zpse246968d.png

And when I saw your vid at youtube about skinning an F1 car, I wanna try to skin the mercedes in 3D way, cause I wanna skin at the Blackish colour part of my mercedes. I thought I wanna apply the Wireframe of the me2_main.tga like you did in your video for the force india so that it be much more easier to skin since we don't know the car actual structure looks like and where its bodypart located in the me2_main.tga, even im confused and took me hours to guess the nose length. lol. Back to my actual reason of questioning..

1. The moment I saw you bring up the *Wireframe* of the Force India car / fc2_main.tga in your video I was like, "Where the hell that wireframe come from" >.< ?
2. How do I know which one to clear out in the speccoc.tga, the mercedes abit weird compare to other car which shows more of thier component in the skin.

P.s Im still new to Photoshop, my class only teach illustrator, haven't learn Photoshop yet. So im still more to basic in it.
Nice skin by the way, and you should put this in the w.i.p thread to show everybody (if you want)

Hi

The wireframes are a separate layer that is included in the 2D template with each car. You just need to enable the layer to see it.

If you go onto the channels tab at the top of your layers list it should read RGB, RED, GREEN, BLUE. Generally the logos etc that would need to be painted out are on the green layer. But check the other layers individually just to make sure what you need to paint out is fully gone from all of them one by one.

Ok thanks, but I have bad news. My pc not enough ram to do the 3D, keep stuck. :( gonna need to add somemore ram.

Nice skin by the way, and you should put this in the w.i.p thread to show everybody (if you want)

Really? :O_o: but its really a cheap work.... I already done making the car and its Steering...thinking of doing its garages and pit crew too. By the way, do you know how can I skin the pirelli tires? I wanted to remove the circle line between the pirelli + p zero/chituara etc. All I see in Ps is pure black wall with the R red font, that's all. ( its the tyre.tga.dds right ? ).

*nevermind, manage to remove it already*

Last edited:
Ok thanks, but I have bad news. My pc not enough ram to do the 3D, keep stuck. :( gonna need to add somemore ram.

Really? :O_o: but its really a cheap work.... I already done making the car and its Steering...thinking of doing its garages and pit crew too. By the way, do you know how can I skin the pirelli tires? I wanted to remove the circle line between the pirelli + p zero/chituara etc. All I see in Ps is pure black wall with the R red font, that's all. ( its the tyre.tga.dds right ? ).

*nevermind, manage to remove it already*
Oh, come on. Don't be shy. My Affalterbach car is a lot simple than yours so and F1 2013 is a crappy game to mod so i think you have done well ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%