1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Skins F1 2013 Liveries 1.0

F1 2013 season liveries for GSC-2013

1. Jamin submitted a new resource:

F1 2013 Liveries - F1 2013 season liveries for GSC-2013

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 5
  2. thanks very much for all of your hard work

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness
    Premium Member

Looks great, will have to try drive more of that category to enjoy your work. Thanks :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. very good quality - thankyou

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Very nice!

*throws F1 2013 away*

Tom

• Like Like x 3
  6. Kurt Vanhee

Kurt Vanhee
    Premium Member

Unfortunately the game does not load. Any suggestions?

Edit: reran gsc config, and working now

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  7. Marcel Kleene

Marcel Kleene
    Premium Member

When I overwrite the Formula Reiza with these, I can't join online races for Formula Reiza, correct?

8. Could you also make F3 skins, the standard skins are screaming for a new paintjob. :cool:

9. The skins look great. I was curious as to why they looked so shiny in the game, so I took a look at the alpha channel in Photoshop and noticed that you used the template alpha channel instead of the alpha channel that the default F1 cars use in the game. It's not a big deal, but I wasn't sure if you were aware of it, so I just thought I would mention it. I kinda like how the default cars have both high reflective surfaces and dull surfaces, because it keeps the car from looking like it is entirely made of glass.

This is the top view alpha channel that you used from the F1 Template:
    [​IMG]

And this is the top view alpha channel of one of the default cars from the game:
    [​IMG]
    The second picture shows how things like the rivets, antenna and brake light are very shiny and reflective, and the darker areas, like the checkered parts, are more dull and less reflective. The same can be seen on the alpha channels for the left and right side of the default cars.

Anyway, if you ever plan to update your F1 skin pack, I just thought you might want to use the same alpha channels as the default cars since I think it would really make your skins look even more amazing. Some things, like the white rings in the second image, are not used in your cars skins, but the rings could easily be airbrushed away from the alpha channel.

I created two F1 skins recently for a friend and I, and I actually made the default alpha channel a little darker and my car came out looking better. I also added dark selections to the alpha channel where all of my decals appear and I added brighter selections where I wanted things to have a little extra reflection.

One of my favorite things about creating a car skin is working with the alpha channel, because it can really add some sexy magic to an otherwise boring looking car. For instance, adding "noise" to the alpha channel in Photoshop is a great way to get that "metallic finish" look.

Keep up the great work ;)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. Hi everyone!

I´m arrinving here now.
    I installed de GSC13 today, it´s awesome,but I would like to set this skin into the game and I have two questions:

1) I can add the skin into the game (as rfactor) or the skin will overscript the original team/cars?

2) The same happens with the tracks?