1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F1 2013 - Game MUCH Quicker!

Discussion in 'F1 2013 - The Game' started by Dan Hawkins, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Soo it appears that F1 2013 is over 10 seconds quicker per lap than real life...

Let's take a look at Singapore:

F1 2013 Real Life:

F1 2013 The Game:

So when will Codemasters finally achieve the perfect - correct - laptime to replicate real life?
  2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

To be honest ..... it's not a sim, so why expect it to be the same?

It's a simcade game :)
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Even a simcade can have realistic laptimes. 1 or 2 seconds off okay, but 11 :D
  4. I kinda figured the game was too quick when I did a 1.11.5 on inters at Brazil. Last year was too fast the the game this year is even quicker.
  5. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

It seems most tracks are fine laptime wise. They're all pretty realistic, except for Singapore. This seems to be a problematic track for them.

It's probably easier said than done, but they need to make the cars harder to handle in the slow speed corners. That's where all the time is being made up because Singapore has so many low speed corners. Just make them less grippy in the low speed corners and voila.

Also, Vettels pole lap was a 1:42.841. So really only like 5 seconds quicker. But still, too much.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Singapore appears to be the obvious one again, I will get some other tracks tested later - feel free to post your views though :D
  7. Codemasters...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. simcade? sry but this full acarde and has nothing to do with a sim :D
  9. Looks like they screwed up downforce/drag ratios on some tracks. I did a race in Brazil and I was hitting 320kph on main straight without DRS and slipstream with 2/2 wings.