1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X360 F1 2013 Classic 80's at Jerez (50%) 9:00 pm GMT (5:00pm EST) - 29th March 2015

Discussion in 'F1 2014 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Peter Hooper, Mar 25, 2015.

1. 1980's Grand Prix - F1 2013 Classics
    Lobby open at 8.45pm, Race Start 9pm GMT; 5pm US EDT

Distance - 50%
    Assists - none
    Weather Forecast - Clear
    Cars - Unequal
    Format - Race. No Qualifying.
    Rules - Full

Please sign up as follows Name / Gamertag / Constructor

Host - Peter Hooper/Hammerpgh (please add host to get invite to lobby)

@Robert Waddell (just in case your circumstances change) @Colin Knowles @Gavin Hendley @Chris Hempsall @Matthew Booth @Railer Cantrell @Vence Alfred @Graham Jarvis @Karl Fuss @eric Cline

1. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh
    2. Karl Fuss / Niblips
    3 .Eric cline / mcnasty0421
    4. Gavin Hendley / Gavos2base
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

I should be able to make this. I'll have to re learn the circuit.... I think i missed this event when we did it last year.

Karl Fuss / niblips2

also @Peter Hooper this event will be 4pm EDT thanx to your clocks finaly moving forward this weekend
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Damn!! Didn't realise our clocks went forward this weekend :/
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. mcnasty1

Eric cline / mcnasty0421
    Which cars are available. .ive never raced this track as only recently got dlc looks fun.cant wait.!:)
  5. mcnasty1

Indy car series kicks off at 3est. At st.Petersburg should be a good one.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    last but not least

I'll have to remember to record that. Malaysia GP this weekend too. Is there a NASCAR event as well?
  7. mcnasty1

Not sure never got into nascar..or ovsls in general.but indy is street course to open with:)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gavin Hendley

Gavin Hendley

Gavin / Gavos 2 Base
    Just out of interest can the modern cars race on old tracks? or is it only classic that do both?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mcnasty1

Pretty sure u can run 2013 cars on these tracks..Id hope so
  10. Take whatever car you want. It's just for fun so not going to make any issues over what anyone wants to drive. Just bear in mind that the Bathtub (WIlliams FW07B) has only four gears and is the slowest car of the lot. However, despite that it's also probably the most fun car to drive :)

Haven't driven this one myself since out league race there last season but it is a fun track, especially in these cars :thumbsup:
  11. Pretty sure the moderns can race on any track. I'll have to check this out now.. don't think I ever tried the moderns on any of the classic tracks last year.. that could be fun for another time :thumbsup:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Thats this weekend too... nice one..Right in the middle of our race though... I can record and watch later but hope you are still ok to race?

Oh boy, MotoGP from Qatar is on too :O_o:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. mcnasty1

Our race starts at 5 est...I thought
  14. It seems our clocks change this weekend so whatever 9pm GMT is..

According to my TV schedule the Indycar race is on between 8 and 10:30pm GMT so right smack in the middle of our classic race.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  15. mcnasty1

Ok yea the time change has got everthing screwed up.lol im going off of espn radio ad for the indy race..its says 3 .but thst could be prerace and or tape delayed.but im pretty sure they show this live..and I think il be driving mansells canon Williams. Drove it yesterday morning and found three aussies to run a 25 % race at jerez..couldnt brlieve anyone was even on 2013.much less playing the exact track and cars we will be using.lol had a good time...aside from running wide ateveryother tur
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I'm probably going to go home for lunch today and have my first run out at the track. Not sure what car yet though...

What sort of times did you acheive Eric?
  17. Boy oh boy the track is tougher than I remember lol Had a quick run out in the Lotus 100T, very twitchy car. Well off the pace and best I could muster was a 1:22, pretty sure I was running 1:18's here before. That middle twisty section is where so much time can be gained but it'll take more track time to find it.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mcnasty1

Better than me think it was a 124 ..:/ were using the 80s cars this time correct?
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Yep, thats correct Eric.. 80's for this one, we'll go back and use the 90's for the next race.
  20. @Vence Alfred You up for this one buddy? Good chance to test out your new 80's classic cars here :thumbsup: