F1 2012 F1 2012 Wishlist

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Lol i know this is long, but i've thought long and hard about these, so please just have a read.

F1 2012 Suggestions:

- Show remaining session time in practise and qualifying for the entire period, whilst out on track, rather than just the last 5 minutes.

- On Race day, allow us to change our fuel load for the race. E.g. run lighter fuel load, but will result in less time to run the "Rich" mixture, or
a heavier fuel load and run on rich for a longer period of time.

- In american sports games such as NBA 2k12, they implemented a system called "Living Rosters" and "NBA Today". Where living rosters would update team rosters
if trade occured in real life. Now i know this might be tough with liscensing in Formula 1, if a driver gets dropped from the team (e.g Nick Heidfeld)
and replaced by another driver, it would be cool to have that happen on the game, so it feels upto date with real life.
The "NBA Today" system allowed the user to view each real world teams scores and statistics. This would be an amazing addition to F1 2012, if you could see
the results from a race, not only the finishing places, but their pitstops, tyres, times, etc. etc.

However i do realise that the Formula 1 branch of Codemasters is relatively small compared to 2Ksports gaming, and implementing such a feature as the
previous one would be difficult to do with a limited amount of staff.

- Make the track rubber in more during the course of the weekend, with a rubbering in line appearing as the weekend progresses. I know that that was a feature in 2010,
but it seems to have dissapeared for 2011.

- Cars need to be much slower and MUCH more difficult to handle on a wet track. I noticed that even in extremely wet conditions, i was able to lap within 15 seconds
of a dry time. This NEEDS to be increased atleast 20-30 seconds more. (Ex. Hungary Race. Slippery condition's during the race caused them to lap upto 40 seconds
slower than the pole lap time.

- The Fuel load during a race needs to have more of an effect on lap times. The heavy fuel load in 2010 was better than 2011, as lap times were much slower during the beginning
stages of a race, than in 2011. Even with 1 lap to go in real races they're still 3-5 seconds slower than the pole lap. In 2011 i was able to get within 0.5 - 1 second
of the pole lap time.

- Again (using NBA 2k12 as an example), players had "Signature" shots and playstyles that tried to reflect how they play in real life. In F1 2012 it would be great to see
Hamilton or Kobayashi diving up the inside of me into a turn, and on the other end of the scale see Alonso and Schumacher being able to shut down my attacking moves
with defensive prowess. In short, have the drivers in game, drive with the same style as they drive with in real life. (Oh give the the top drivers, in particular Vettel,
more of an ability to produce amazing 2nd run Q3 laptimes to get them on pole position. Time and time again, they'll go out in F1 2011 for a second run in Q3, only to
lap half a second off the pace of their first run in Q3.) As Martin Brundle and David Coulthard kept going on about last season that the more rubber that is laid down,
the faster the cars can take corners. So the second run in Q3 should be the time when the fastest laptimes are produced.

- Try to fix the issue where third and fourth tier teams (in particular Sauber and Torro Rosso) in Q1 are able to set blistering times and well out pace the top tiers like
Redbull and Mclaren, yet when they get into Q2 (or Q3), they will be 2-3 seconds slower, than their laptime in Q1.

- In my opinion, when its been raining hard, or even medium, the track seems to dry out much too quickly. I did a 100% race distance in Malaysia (when it rains, it poures)
where it was 80% chance of heavy rain, the race started with the heavy rain and eased off gradually by lap 20. Then from then on the rain pretty much stopped, but the
track was completely bone dry by lap 30. After 15-20 laps of pouring rain, the track would not be bone dry 10 laps later.

- Allow more Modding for the PC community. F1 2010 was great in that aspect. F1 2011 is virtually unmoddable. (So im told from sources)

- Keep the quick setups for the more casual gamer, but also allow for more complicated custom setups for the Sim Guru's. (e.g. Tyre pressures)

- Implement more ways of mechanical failure. The only types of mechanical failure i've encountered in the game are tyre puncture and engine failure. It would be nice to
ruin your car in more ways than that. (If there are more please inform me of them) Like, brake, gearbox and differential failures.

-This is possibly one of the biggest let downs in both 2010 and 2011. (And i realise that there is only so much you are allowed in terms of damaging you car by the liscence)
BUT! There seems to be 3 levels of damage for the front wing: (1) Left or Right aero component comes off.
(2) They both come off leaving just the bottom part.
(3) You lose the entire front wing.
I've noticed that achieving (1) and/or (2) has no effect on car handling whatso ever. Only when you completely take your wing off do you experience the wonders
of extreme understeer. In real life even if they slightly damage their front wing, they HAVE to pit and get it changed because it has such an adverse effect on the
cars downforce = Crap handling.
Updated**
- FIX THE SINGAPORE LAPTIMES!!! I have no idea as to why we can lap upto 10 seconds faster than the pole lap of 2011, the track is the same and the cars seem to go just as fast.... something is very wrong there!

- There needs to be more "Hussle and Bussle" in the pits all the time, in 2011 game the pits are completely empty.

- Have tyre warmers when your in the garage. Even if its just a cosmetic thing, the little things ad up to make a HUGE difference.

- Show blistering on the tyres if you run too much camber. (Having said that, we dont know what happens with camber on the 2012 pirelli's just yet)

- Either get rid of the "press interviews" or improve them vastly, they are completely mundane and add nothing to the game whatsoever. ill finish a session and they'll ask me the same questions, everytime: "How has the banning of re-fueling affected the car during the race"... BLAH BLAH BLAH. That's how you know they havent put any effort into the press system this year, because they ask the same outdated questions as last year.

- Have a podium celebration - pretty self explanatory.

- Have a warm up lap and prescribed burnouts before the race start.

Im sure i've left out many hundreds of things that could make F1 2012 the best Racing game in 2012, but for now that's all i can think of.

A save replay function, sort out penalties, a ghost mode race online, so you don't hat the idiots just ramming you off all the time, a incident review at the end of each race, so the game records the incident and the players can vote if its a penalty or not, a more realistic safety car, better AId online, and so to NOT OVER TAKE YOU AND THE SAFETY CAR UNDER A SAFETY CAR PERIOD!, oh and red flags for single car incidents in qualy and practice.

I would like to see the original Hud because the new of 2011 are cool but the original looks better.
And for more realistic i would like to see the engine sound of the real cars.
And in the end i wish you can drive a special round for the fans and you hare the music of the team and of your contry.
That's my big wish for formula 2012

Two other things they need to fix:

A) AI drivers dont get penalties. WTF???

B) Why on earth do your tyres go ice cold as soon as a safety car appears? Weaving needs to have an effect on front tyres temp. and braking needs to have an effect on rear and front tyre temp.

Because almost everything in 2010 & 2011 was scripted :(

Mmm, hopefully F1 2012 will be a bigger improvement on 2011 than 2011 was on 2010.

It would also be good if they could improve their file organization so that they can update the drs zones and things of that nature more easily. Rather than just giving us, the user, some PR made up bullshit.

keep GFWL.

but dont use GFWL to replace dedicated servers..

gfwl = rackign up my achievements on consoles and my pc :D

F1 2006 CE was way better, even the commentator was good, now just imagine that with some nice graphics.

the ambient and weather on 2011 is better than the stock 2010. 2010 with the last 2 real lights and natural lights/sky mods were just fapilicious.

Now if codemasters can get better skys, atmosphere, and above all.

PARADE LAP FFS! this makes teh difference on who can heat up them tyres by the time the lighs go off. and plz plz plz

fix the damn kerbs, so many tracks i have watched over and over and over again and i still cant belive the kerbs are way off in game than in life. I mean they are only 20 tracks....how hard is it to laser scan and try to get 99.99% track scale right. if they can achieve this then it iwll be fully enjoyed.

btw id be great if they had "inside helmet" view mode like Shift 2...which is glorious, regardless what noobs say about that game, its a good add on. took up to 1.3 secs on that view off my times :D

Because almost everything in 2010 & 2011 was scripted :(
You are absolutely right!
cuz u slow down big time, it is not hard to keep ur tyres green or "on temperature"...ever heard of weaving, its simple also hardbrake in the corners u can and burn in ur rears a bit on 1st gear when close enuff to a car....so easy...

they do need to fix the rain track times, is liek they all run TC lol, I was always 5-6 faster on 2010 on rain then 2011 i was like ummmm this is bad. Also fix the amount of kerbs u can cut lol. AI just needs to be polished. Online...good so far, keep gfwl, use it as authentication but dont use it for "matchmaking" just lets us host deds.

Id like to see the tyre when have been block...see it darker. RF2 has done that. The video I think is called tyre wear and flatspotting
Also fix the AI while doing your qualy lap. To move out the racing line
See the pilot removing the plastic protector from the helmet visor and see hand gesture when theres some battles and you can overtake him and when a near collision when comes out the box

I have two main wishes for F1 2012. They are:

1) To have a warm lap. I want to be able to have an advantage over the people around me if they do not warm their tyres up enough.

2) Fix the AI. This is because they are so stupid. They do not get off of the racing line when you are on a flying lap, and also, when they are on the racing line, they coast at about 50mph. (90kph)

And a side wish is what someone said above, make a camera where you are inside the helmet like NFS Shift

EDIT: Also, like someone said below me, I forgot to say, like in quali and practice, you should be able to ha r the option to change your front wing quickly like they do in real life. I forgot about that one lol

I'm a little surprised I haven't seen this before, but one of the things that is DESPERATELY needed for online racing is custom grids

especially with out crappy the connection quality seems to be, there's disconnects all the time and it's just stupid that we can't set custom grids if someone drops from qualifying with a good time. Also it'd be great for race restarts, given that a lot of connection issues seem to happen in the first lap or 2.

I know people asked for dedicated servers, and this would be a great addition to that. Like I said seems odd that I haven't seen more people asking for this.

I use the D-pad on my controller because I hate the analogue stick for steering and although a steering wheel would be nice its out of my financial reach. Steering assist for anyone using keyboard or like myself, D-pad input. If they did this I could actually use the cockpit view instead of long chase cam. I cant use cockpit view because the D-pad uses a digital input for an analogue control so when you press left, you get full lock left which looks horrible when its just a left hand bend.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back