F1 2012 F1 2012 Track Guide Series

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oli Peacock

Sim Racer
Over at my channel I'm starting Track Guide Series, where I can make you quicker and a better racer with some Do's and Dont's on how to overtake at certain corners. With setups as well, this may well be the most comprehensive Track Guides you stubble across, Enjoy!

My Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/olliekart

Episode 1: Australia

Episode 2: Malaysia

Episode 3: China

Episode 4: Bahrain

Episode 5: Spain

Episode 6: Monaco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNmU2CbJx8U

Episode 7: Canada

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncgP1DXyGrM&list=UUCp-96td0Ivxbppaqps3FUw&index=1

Episode 9: Valencia (Coming Soon)
Constructive feedback is appreciated!

thanks for sharing!

But a question: How the hell are you able to open DRS so early?? Everytime I try to do like you, I lose control and the car is in the wall.

Do you use a stearing wheel? I had one before, and remember it's was more confortable in fast turns, to have a progressive and soft steering.
But I play with a pad ( xbox 360 for windows) and therefore it's more problematic, you have to press the direction pad by little touches, but it's way too risky opening DRS when not on a straight if you use a pad.

thanks for sharing!

But a question: How the hell are you able to open DRS so early?? Everytime I try to do like you, I lose control and the car is in the wall.

Do you use a stearing wheel? I had one before, and remember it's was more confortable in fast turns, to have a progressive and soft steering.
But I play with a pad ( xbox 360 for windows) and therefore it's more problematic, you have to press the direction pad by little touches, but it's way too risky opening DRS when not on a straight if you use a pad.

No problem! Here to help :)

To answer you question; Yes I do use a wheel. CM have apparently made changes to the game so the Pad is as quick as Wheel, but personally a Wheel will always offer more control and stability and that allows you to be smoother and thus open DRS earlier

Just stick with it and practice, I've driven the game more that most and have pretty found the optimal DRS points on each track, once your comfortable then it should start to come to. If you are willing to make a set-up change then maybe increase Understeer, so when you open DRS theres a smaller delta between Front - Rear downforce and be make the car more stable! :)

Thanks for your answer and advice. That's what I thought, I need to buy a new wheel!

But I'm not willing to adapt any setup just for DRS,this would be worth only for TT. I used to be fast in qualy and than just struggling during the race, so now all my setups are for the race.

Keep going I'm looking forward to see what's next.

PS: do you use any driving aids?

Thanks for your answer and advice. That's what I thought, I need to buy a new wheel!

But I'm not willing to adapt any setup just for DRS,this would be worth only for TT. I used to be fast in qualy and than just struggling during the race, so now all my setups are for the race.

Keep going I'm looking forward to see what's next.

PS: do you use any driving aids?

I'll keep going as long as your still watching! :p

and nope, no driver aids at all :D

But your advice about delta between front-rear downforce is great! I never thougt about it!
I always try to find setups that give me oversteering, so maybe that's why I often struggle with DRS if opened too early. But when play quick qualy in online mode ( only quick setup available) the car is much more stable with DRS open.

Yeah I'll keep watching :)

I was asking about the aids, because the engine sounds as if you had traction control. I'm much smoother on the throttle in corner exits than you are, but I'm not really experienced, and started driving without any aids recently, so I guess it will come.

But your advice about delta between front-rear downforce is great! I never thougt about it!
I always try to find setups that give me oversteering, so maybe that's why I often struggle with DRS if opened too early. But when play quick qualy in online mode ( only quick setup available) the car is much more stable with DRS open.

Yeah I'll keep watching :)

I was asking about the aids, because the engine sounds as if you had traction control. I'm much smoother on the throttle in corner exits than you are, but I'm not really experienced, and started driving without any aids recently, so I guess it will come.

Yeah, the more time you practice the more accurate you can get with applying the throttle with minimum wheel spin.

Malaysia Track Guide will be tonight/tomorrow morning

I can't able to get the Turn 14 right. I used to Carry enough Speed on all the Corners and get them right but in this corner i can't exit at speed of 190+ Kph which was making me loose lot of time.

Turn 14? The hairpin right? Well if you are carrying that much speed through it you should be doing these track guides not me! :p

Unless your talking about the final corner, which has a variation of lines. I personally take a wide turn-in then slightly lift of the throttle, get back on it again then fow the outside ASAP nd open DRS :)

Turn 14? The hairpin right? Well if you are carrying that much speed through it you should be doing these track guides not me! :p

Unless your talking about the final corner, which has a variation of lines. I personally take a wide turn-in then slightly lift of the throttle, get back on it again then fow the outside ASAP nd open DRS :)
Not the Hair pin Mate The One Before it. The Turn Just after we have the DRS detection point Called as Prost if i remember correctly.
Generally i used to take it in 4th Gear in 2011. But in 2012 I can't get the Turn Perfectly right.

Not the Hair pin Mate The One Before it. The Turn Just after we have the DRS detection point Called as Prost if i remember correctly.
Generally i used to take it in 4th Gear in 2011. But in 2012 I can't get the Turn Perfectly right.

Oh sorry! Yeah this one has a knack to it. Aim to cut the corner then squeeze the throttle pedal. If you stop my video at 5:49 you can see i turn in where there is a opening in the barrier, use that as your turn in point :)

Really good videos ollie. I would give you ways to improve these but I cant fault them. Really good info on where to break, turn in etc. Oh and by the way, if you want to expand your channel then maybe post a thread on the codies forum or Apex racing league.. I'm sure the guys there will appreciate your vids.

Will check out CM, but as im not an ARL member and dont race there seems like im only there for the views :p Although your free to post them there if you like haha

A hint - next time try lowering the game volume, cause there are moments in your videos, when the engine almost completely drowns out your voice. Add your English accent to the mix (which can be hard to understand on its own :D) and you get a barely audible mumble ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back