F1 2012 Total Overhaul

I think Ryder gives you the answer or johnny as they know that Balanced was for AI too.
All i can tell is If you just edit the Track folder then Player was only getting effected with the changes and if you keep the same setting for balanced then you AI will also gets effected.
Just download the CTF performance mod and Check those files mate you can find more info.

Thanks for the info. Interesting to say the least :)

In Pit triggers file you can see usage of KERS at specific locations on track.
Some thing like KERS_33 or KERS_30 which was linked to db.
So if you can find the relation which KERS trigger was used to DB then you can tweak it.

Quick update on this for anyone interested. I did try remapping the KERS coordinates, but saw no changes from the AI whatsoever. After some tweets with Lee Mather (a programmer for CodeMasters) he did mention that throughout the numerous updates for F1 2012, a number of AI variables have changed from being coded within files, to being hard coded in the exe.

Given this, and given that the coordinate changes I did had no effect on the AI, I'm going to make an educated guess that the AI's KERS usage is handled within the exe. I could be wrong of course, but I do not see any other files or code that references anything relating to KERS usage outside of the triggers_pit.xml file (which I edited to no avail).

Unfortunate to say the least...

F1 2012 Total Overhaul Mod

You like the immersion of the career CM has made and you really enjoy playing CM's F1 but you feel that there's many unrealistic things that needs to be changed? Then this is for you! :thumbsup:

About Total Overhaul:

Total Overhaul is a mod made based on the community feedback to bring CM's F1 2012 to a next level, completely changes the game to make it realistic in every possible way, making it closer to a simulation.

Mod AIM:

Safety car (Already at work in a separate mod - more info here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/safety-car-fix-mod-alpha-w-i-p-v0-5.60558/)

• Safety car chance system disabled (Done since by just settings chance to 100% on all tracks)
  • Safety car deployed on crashes that pose a threat to the other drivers on all tracks (w.i.p)
  • Safety car deployment system changes, lap it is deployed.... (not found yet)
Realistic damage

• More realistic crashes with the ability to damage interior car parts on impact
  • Grip changes on crashes, car spinning, car flying due to lost downforce
  • Reliability of car parts (Mechanical failures)
  • Make debris pose a threat to player and AI
Surface grip changes

• Change grip levels of most surfaces on the game
  • Reduce grass grip and friction
  • Increase gravel friction/reduce grip
  • Reduce grip on overal surfaces like cobblestone, astro turf, etc
Handling/Physics

• Tweak the cars to match the real life cars handling
  • Increase gear 1st to 4th acceleration and decrease 5th to 7th
  • Tweak car's top speed on all tracks
  • Change top speed of the car based on real life using and not using DRS
  • Increase braking power
  • Change car setup for every track to give better setup control to the player
I know that 90% of all this is possible because i've done a lot of tests and i was able to change most of those things, just some few things maybe impossible to change due to scripts or being coded on the exe, but most changes can be made by us, the community, as long as we share our findings and knowledge about the game files.

Lets work together and make this game much better than it is!

Some Info:
I (Roberto - Bob) have started to look at the game files because of the SC that wasn't working even with the DB chance set to 100%, then after some research i found a way to fix it for every track, found Remy here on RD and we started to work together to mod the SC, some more time and Wills joined us to help with the mod and he showed some good skills to make a tool to help us to fix the SC. Since we started looking onto many files of the game, we all looking for more realism started planning this Overhaul.
Some more guys with the same goals appeared and are always trying to help, Kartik is being in contact with me for a long time and always focusing on the "realistic damage" part of the mod.
Now, around a month since we started this, more and more nice guys are joining us and giving more and more good information every day.
There is a lot of people to thank for, most of all, Ryder, not just helping us, but helping everyone with his free tools, making all this mods possible.
(If you want to help with money, then donate to Ryder, see here: http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/)

And thanks also to Remy, Wills, Demy, Kartik, Kristian, Vlasovas, Keith, Met_Fan and everyone else that is giving us feedback on the SC thread, sharing knowledge and helping with a lot of changes.
Sorry if i forgot someone.
Also thanks to all texture modders, for sure we will play a community made F1 2013 using the overhaul + F1 2013 textures :D

Mod Status:
Safety Car - 40%
Realistic damage - 20%
Grip Changes - 70%
Handling/Physics - 0%

Now i hope everybody can give us feedback and share some knowledge, i bet we can make F1 2013 better than the oficial one will be :thumbsup:

screenshot49230.jpg

Try and beat the existing mods ;) Looks good!

driveroz247 Are you sure about this? There are some XML files that show 18 dynamic weather systems and each of them have their own chance. I figured out four dry dynamic settings, which are "scenario_dynamic_f", "scenario_dynamic_m", "scenario_dynamic_q" and "scenario_dynamic_p". (in the tod.xml file) But im not sure what they exactly have to do with what weather we will get in the race.

What i think is that when you set "scenario_heavy_rain" prob="0.0" to a higher value than zero, it triggers the 18 different dynamic weather setups which include rain. So for example when you set heavy rain chance to 0.1 and set scenario_dynamic_d (lets say this scenario gives 100% rain) to 0.1, you'll have something like 0.1x0.1=0.01% chance of a 100% rain chance. Of course these values dont work exactly as I say they do, but I think its something like this.

Correct me if i'm wrong!

Hi Demy

I have been looking at what you said above about the tod.xml file.
From what I can see codemasters have deactivated most of the scenarios from most tracks, most likely due to not being able to fix the issues at release and so as a quick fix just left the working scenarios switched on. This explains why weather in career tends to be much simpler than single race. For example I generally get 100% dry races,100% wet on inters. or rain with 2 or 3 laps to go (50% races)
As a test I have added a 0.5 value for all scenarios A-Q and it does seem to have had an effect but i have not had time to do lots of races.
What I have noticed is that all scenarios have been made for 100% races. So if you do 25% for example you just take the first 25% of the scenario it picks. No idea how it picks it though. It may work (but I need to test more) like rolling in a dice. So it says will it be scenario A? value is 0.5 so there is a 50% chance of it picking A, and it works down the list So then A is split into 3 parts. So it then uses the values for sunny,light rain, heavy rain etc, to pick what goes into each part. This is just theory though.
Where it looks for what each scenario is made up from I not know, the tod.dat file maybe.

What did i just saw is it true??
Roberto Costa was appeared in the Forum today after long time
Yeah!
Im here!

4 Months not modding and not either playing F1, also not other games, was full of work to do, a lot of things happening so i was hardly using my PC for fun.
I'll be back, i mean, im back, but im not fully back yet! lol
Just downloaded the F1 2013 mod to test it, it included you raceload.jpk file, i really glad you've made this, really looking forward to it! Thanks for making the mod.
Its good to see that we have now a lot of mods, people started looking on what we proposed on this thread, i've seen some of the mods (not tested any of them yet), but realism enchancer, better braking for player and AI, better damage, looks like the SC mod was finished, im really glad that all of these awesome work happened these months. I'll be back soon, also i'll answer all the mensagens, my inbox gives me fear right now! lol

Cheers Kartik!!!!
By The way, i remember our last chat, and again, Vettel was the (real) season Champion! ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%