F1 2012 Total Overhaul

nice to see other guys are working on it, too.
Johnny Dangerously: for the top speeds, that is the real 2012 values? have been searching for a table like that like forever .. nice. Although the speed traps in silverstone and spa are not at the point of the top speed.
Will do a little finetuning on that maybe. The cars have different base setups, that don't necessarily coincide with the reality. For example suzuka or silverstone have the "low"-labeled setup. But that is just names. Although I found out, that the .exe seems to treat the different setups (low, mid etc) with different drag bonuses for the DRS. The same rear drag coefficient results in different deltas between open/closed DRS when you change the setup name from low to mid for example.

nice to see other guys are working on it, too.
Johnny Dangerously: for the top speeds, that is the real 2012 values? have been searching for a table like that like forever .. nice. Although the speed traps in silverstone and spa are not at the point of the top speed.
Will do a little finetuning on that maybe. The cars have different base setups, that don't necessarily coincide with the reality. For example suzuka or silverstone have the "low"-labeled setup. But that is just names. Although I found out, that the .exe seems to treat the different setups (low, mid etc) with different drag bonuses for the DRS. The same rear drag coefficient results in different deltas between open/closed DRS when you change the setup name from low to mid for example.

Sounds exciting!

I was hoping you could just give an idea of when you are likely to finish to know if it's worth me carrying on with these braking points.

for the top speeds, that is the real 2012 values? have been searching for a table like that like forever .. nice. Although the speed traps in silverstone and spa are not at the point of the top speed.
Yes, those are speeds direct from the official Formula 1 website. You may have a point on Silverstone, though; McLaren's team page lists a top speed of 305 km/h. Looks like it can indeed be a "medium" aero circuit in-game. I'm finding even more detail by simply watching the onboard laps on the official Formula 1 website!

I had also lined up my speed trap graph with one illustrating each circuit's longest full-throttle distance (in meters), but I couldn't draw many conclusions from it.

Right now I'm refining the final drive ratios to give maximum revs using DRS in race trim with the default gearbox values. With little exception, I'd like the AI setups to not "waste" RPM by being too short or too long on gearing.

Wow this mod Will be amazing when finished !!!!!!
Tanks for all the job you all are doing. I'd like to help but i don't know anything about mod développement.
Sorry for my poor english too.....i'm french !!!! LOL

Very good work.
Just a question. Do you know if tyre wear can also be modded? It could be a good addition to this mod.
Well, I don't know if it's just me but changing setups doesn't make differences in tyre wear, at all. Tyres last almost exactly the same with 1/1 than with 11/11 (in both AR and suspension).
Changing driving style doesn't seem to help too much either.

This game with Race 07 AI and Gran Turismo 4 tyre wear system would be really interesting. Right now seems a bit broken. Luckily we have those great modders here XD

• Deleted member 137812

Very good work.
Just a question. Do you know if tyre wear can also be modded? It could be a good addition to this mod.
Well, I don't know if it's just me but changing setups doesn't make differences in tyre wear, at all. Tyres last almost exactly the same with 1/1 than with 11/11 (in both AR and suspension).
Changing driving style doesn't seem to help too much either.

This game with Race 07 AI and Gran Turismo 4 tyre wear system would be really interesting. Right now seems a bit broken. Luckily we have those great modders here XD
Tyre wear is modable, but i'm not sure if it involves setups!

Hi Man, im trying to modify my database, i want to disable only "mechanicals failures" but keeping the real damage (damages simulation: complete in game), how i cant disable it? In f1 drivers are mechanicals failures, all in 1, im trying to set them in 0 but doesnt change nothing!

Can you help me?

Hi Man, im trying to modify my database, i want to disable only "mechanicals failures" but keeping the real damage (damages simulation: complete in game), how i cant disable it? In f1 drivers are mechanicals failures, all in 1, im trying to set them in 0 but doesnt change nothing!

Can you help me?

This is not the thread to post questions about that ;)

Hello Guys
I'm working on part Mechanical Failures on this Overhaul mod to help my friends.
So i'm here to share my work on and If you find any Problems, Ideas, Fixes please share it here.
V1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c42n2xpmed66vce

what this do? man, i need help, you know how to disable (or minimize chance if we cant disable it) mechanicals failures (engines) but keeping the complete damages (i game damages options). Im trying in ai/ai_choreagropher file and deleted or set in 0 the probaltiys. You what can i do?

what this do? man, i need help, you know how to disable (or minimize chance if we cant disable it) mechanicals failures (engines) but keeping the complete damages (i game damages options). Im trying in ai/ai_choreagropher file and deleted or set in 0 the probaltiys. You what can i do?
It was for Player mate. Although AI will be effected but i'm looking to force player to have problems/Retirements

It was for Player mate. Although AI will be effected but i'm looking to force player to have problems/Retirements

you mean for blowups engines in any time or somethings like that? only problem i have ist just smoke from behind of the car, the player can drop white smoke like the AIs? like the real life? never happen to me, just for the AIs

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back