F1 2012 Total Overhaul

• Deleted member 137812

file isnt working anymore bud!
RowingAce What do you like to do with the tyre wear? I've messed around with these files too, and got some progression. I've got tyre wear for shorter distances, but as i hear you you like to change player's tyre wear?

Hi,

interesting to see that you are working on one big mod, sort of what I had in mind too.

I have adjusted the players' cars for all tracks except monaco and singapore to match realistic pole times. Adjusted top speeds, gears and reduced/increased grip for some tracks.
Tested in gp mode short qualifying. On some tracks (suzuka, delhi, texas) times are still slower than in reality, or grip would have to be massively increased.
But I guess that would have to be a design choice: as times in the real 2012 season towards the end came much closer to 2011 pole times (delhi was even faster than 2011) times in the first half of 2012 were quite a bit off 2011 times.
One would have to choose which grip level is the one you like.

You mean the original cars are even slower than in real life? O.O
And this is only because you don't use the patches??

With latest patch - 1.22's are possible on Melbourne. In real life pole was 1.24.9.
China - 1.33's - vs 1.35.1

And etc etc etc.. I wanna try your files! Can you upload 'em? :rolleyes:

Oh and I want to tell you.. From all the cars I've tried... The Caterham feels the closest to real life. So maybe you should make all cars on the Caterham. The McLaren has waaaaaay too much grip and etc.. But the Caterham feels really good.. I mean.. REALLY good.. Try it. :)

Kristian Nenov
You always assume so much.
I didn't say times are too slow on all tracks, there are some and they are all in the later half of the season, i specified texas, suzuka are the most obvious. Of course there are lots of tracks that the original cars are too fast on, mostly because of he crazy DRS boost. F1 cars don't go 365kph with open DRS in monza ....
Please try to reach vettels texas pole time (1:35,4) with a setup that doesn't let you go faster than 315 kph, since that is about the topspeed with DRS they had there this year.
I was alwas testing with the default setup, gear adjustments max. Of course the car can be made faster with custom setups, but I wasn't going for one specific setup, I wanted to bring the base closer to reality.

For those who want to test, feel free
http://www.mediafire.com/?2a8jcbnil6cbbri
Note, that the database is for v1.0 only, the cars folder affects only the player's car.

Kristian Nenov
I didn't say times are too slow on all tracks, there are some and they are all in the later half of the season, i specified texas, suzuka are the most obvious. Of course there are lots of tracks that the original cars are too fast on, mostly because of he crazy DRS boost. F1 cars don't go 365kph with open DRS in monza ....
Please try to reach vettels texas pole time (1:35,4) with a setup that doesn't let you go faster than 315 kph, since that is about the topspeed with DRS they had there this year.
I was alwas testing with the default setup, gear adjustments max. Of course the car can be made faster with custom setups, but I wasn't going for one specific setup, I wanted to bring the base closer to reality.

Note, that the database is for v1.0 only, the cars folder affects only the player's car.

So the cars folder will mean less DRS boost when open? Does this mean the players car goes slower in quali? I only just found my perfect difficulty level and dont want to end up being loads slower in quali.

• Deleted member 137812

Guys does anyone know where to make the cars lighter? Since they always stick to the ground when there is a crash. I'd like to see some airborne

• Deleted member 137812

you could try to reduce the car mass ... but that affects performance quite a bit.
I've seen that, gonna try it!
Maybe i can compensate a mass decrease with something else

Nop doesnt work. :(

Kristian Nenov

OK, OK.. No need to kill me... :D

I had no intention to do that.
since I stated the tracks I meant in my post I had the feeling you didn't read my post properly when you answered exampling melbourne and china ..
anyways .. did you test the files?

RowingAce I tested your Files yesterday night in Shangai and it was so Close to Real world
How Much is the Real World DRS boost can be in a Track like China and Italy??
Also if i replace the Balanced Folder Files with the Files you Created Do the AI also Gets effected to the changes.

Can you decrease kers power little bit because its dont have a balance with DRS..Kers stronger than DRS its unreal please look at that

Dan you decrease kers power little bit because its dont have a balance with DRS..Kers stronger than DRS its unreal please look at that

I think that the game needs a "little" but significant adjustment: a little bit less kers power (10% max) and an higher drs boost reduction (20 % at least, probably 30%!). Some hours ago I've made a race in Malaysia and Hamilton pass me at the end of the main straight with a top speed (estimated) of 350 km/h. If I modify the "aero_wing_rear_drag" can I have some significant effect in particular during career races? Thanks!

I had no intention to do that.
since I stated the tracks I meant in my post I had the feeling you didn't read my post properly when you answered exampling melbourne and china ..
anyways .. did you test the files?

I just tested them.. Had work the days before.. Anyways, it seems awesome. I tested it on Melbourne, Canada and Monaco and for everything it's worked incredibly well. But I would ask you to decrease the KERS power. And by a lot. I'm still easily better than pole time, but it is a LOT better now. Awesome job... Awesome...

@RowingAce
I've made a test in Spa (Kemmel straight with Ferrari [time trial])
Without DRS: top speed 292 km/h
With DRS: top speed 312 km/h
In both cases I've not used the KERS power.
20 km/h gained (FIA estimated a gain of 10/12 km/h)! Too much!
I think we need to reduce the drs effect to 2/3 of the Codemaster value (+ 15 km/h I think is good enough)...
maybe tomorrow I'll make some test with a lower aerowing value.

@RowingAce
I've made a test in Spa (Kemmel straight with Ferrari [time trial])
Without DRS: top speed 292 km/h
With DRS: top speed 312 km/h
In both cases I've not used the KERS power.
20 km/h gained (FIA estimated a gain of 10/12 km/h)! Too much!
I think we need to reduce the drs effect to 2/3 of the Codemaster value (+ 15 km/h I think is good enough)...
maybe tomorrow I'll make some test with a lower aerowing value.

Well, it seems he was aiming to have real-life like top speed with DRS. It's not completed yet, so... 310 km/h is the fastest guy on the speed trap on Spa.. So.. It's pretty good imo.

EDIT: It seems speed trap is on a different spot.. 322 km/h - Button on the limiter.

I didn't test time trial, and I didn't make them for time trial. I think the time trial mode is crap .. but that's a personal opinion.
maybe it's a bug, but in spa you should be able to reach 325 to 330 kph at the end of kemmel straight with open DRS and KERS. Maybe the KERS-effect is really that strong ...
I won't be able to do anything until new year, but I am open for suggestions :)

Kristian Nenov: What times and topspeeds (with and without DRS) did you reach (quick race mode of course in quali) in melbourne and montreal driving RedBull or McLaren?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back