F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Videos

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they always give the opportunity to drive to some total noobs... This guy can't hit a single apex nor to set a good lap time and we didn't get any information from this video...
Sadly only nerds/non-racers like these people get an opportunity to go to Gamescom. You rarely see an avid simracer actually playing the demos, these people just walk by and take a look.

This is the first video iv found that has a decent driver at the wheel...(he still makes mistakes but he is a lot better than what we have seen in other videos)

Is it me, or does the racing wheel movement (no talking about the tires) seem so much more realistic... like the shaking and the precision driving of the racing wheel. Or maybe it is just the driver or the wheel, either way it looks so much better than F1 2011

The wheel is shaking over the curbs and that's cool and I assume the real wheel will shake too. TBH I see too much corner cutting without warnings.
Still nothing about the rain and the ultra grip in the in 2011. I hope they fix this too cause the difference between wet and dry in 2011 wasn't as big as it is IRL. Just check Hockenheim 2012.

Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:16.073 1:38.521 1:40.621

The wheel is shaking over the curbs and that's cool and I assume the real wheel will shake too. TBH I see too much corner cutting without warnings.
Still nothing about the rain and the ultra grip in the in 2011. I hope they fix this too cause the difference between wet and dry in 2011 wasn't as big as it is IRL. Just check Hockenheim 2012.

Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:16.073 1:38.521 1:40.621
i just compared cornering speeds in this vid in the slow cornrers and real life onboards . the speeds were about 10 kph higher in the game than in the onboard i watched , indicating there still is massive low speed grip

i just compared cornering speeds in this vid in the slow cornrers and real life onboards . the speeds were about 10 kph higher in the game than in the onboard i watched , indicating there still is massive low speed grip
Oh sh*t considering the driver wasn't good a at all. Basically with more stable rear end and probably cutting opportunity it's gonna be some hell of crazy lap times. Let's just wait and see... less than a month till the demo.

Yep he wasn't bad... for racing with the AI. In the PC section of RD 90% of the people are able to lap F1 2011 AI twice for a 50% race which means we've found the enormous cornering grip and the right setups. This guy was driving with I assume basic setup which sux. With a little setup tweaks and time to find the grip limits (it took us like 2 months for 2011) I think it's gonna be look almost the same as 2011 or even faster. But let's not hate before the game is out :) I'm excited and I count the days :)

He was good considering first day and all. Given the low fuel and stuff he did a 1.20, I would expect to see times around 1.16-1.17 and maybe 1.14-1.15 in qualifying which isn't bad compared to last 2011 where the time would have been more like 1.10 qualifying if in the game. Although we will have to see when the game is out and remember Victor the PC version could well be slower than the consoles again by a second and be the better game.

Game looks awesome so far. I will definitely be putting some videos up of the demo when it is out.

FOM doesn't want games to simulate a crash that'd certainly result in a drivers' death in real-life since that could cause further bad publicity in case something happens in real-life as well.

That's pretty much it. It's very rare that game studios are allowed to do just that.

Despite all that, I still don't get why we cant have wheel tethers in-game. Tyres aren't supposed to fly off in crashes any more. If it's all about safety, tethers should be allowed and quite frankly, would be more realistic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back