F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: US Grand Prix Circuit On-Board With James Allen

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
In this new and exclusive video, James Allen commentates over an on-board lap of the new US Grand Prix circuit in Austin, Texas. The track hosts the US Grand Prix on November 18 2012.

The lap is set using the final, pre-launch version of Codemasters F1 2012 game, driven by Creative Director Stephen Hood and presented by F1 commentator James Allen.

F1 2012 will be released on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on 21 September 2012.

For more on F1 2012 The Game visit our already popular F1 2012 The Game forum with the latest discussions and soon the place for modding resources, custom club and league races, setups and more.

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

I wish I could get excited over this upcoming title.

But at the moment I just feel its going to be another "track guide game"

So I dont think I will rush out and buy it straight away. As I guess it will be sat with the other two collecting dust on my shelf within a month of owning it.
:(

Hmmmmm... Surprisingly, the camera positions look much more like they do in TV - looks like CM has realised that a licensed F1 game needs to deliver some TV feeling as well. Furthermore, at approximately 1:42 you can see very well that he changes brake balance visibly - which makes it more believable as well.

And, I think this has been the first ever released lap in Austin :)

Unfortunately, apart from these facts, nothing has changed very much apparently - I don't believe it's going to be a must-buy, especially as 2012's cars look absolutely terrible.

Rather save the money for rFactor 2.

Nevertheless, there ARE improvements - keep on working on it, Codemasters, probably by 2017 we'll actually have quite a racing game!

Still waiting to see Steve learn how to drive properly (granted, it's showing 360 controller controls so he probably wasn't using a wheel) - oh and corner cutting is a no no as well. :D

I wish I could get excited over this upcoming title.

But at the moment I just feel its going to be another "track guide game"

So I dont think I will rush out and buy it straight away. As I guess it will be sat with the other two collecting dust on my shelf within a month of owning it.
:(

I feel the same way. I spent this year's money for a game on rFactor 2 instead, the reason being that it will develop properly over time, as opposed to the once-off patches without release notes that CM release.

The reality is that if a game's main feature is based on a saving system, and then the saving system is broken, then that shows to a client that they do not know how to prioritise features properly.

Also, for someone like me who is a realism fan, it is not really appealing to buy an arcade game - which I know comes from user preference. But after 2 years, I think it's clear that realism is not the aim in the CM F1 series, but instead trivial stuff like podium celebrations, flashbacks, AI not really lapping when time is accelerated,etc.

This year I will skip it and see if any radical new ideas get popped up. I must admit that the new YDT feature is a step in the right direction, but it is not near enough to buy the game for if the AI is still broken so badly - which will most likely be the case.

Great to know that Tilke have been så creative that he was able to make a Turkey/silverstone/korea 2.0

Seriusly, when do The world understand that Tilke is making the same circuits over and over again ?

There is an horrible ligthing efect at 0:30 shadows and ligthings, bufff it hurts.
I hope they solve that, but honestly I will not buy any F1 Codemaster game... I have 3Dsimed and I´m able to inspect the 3D model of the track, and they looks great, but.....

If you pay attention to the polygons that have been used to track and compare it with the polygons used to detail as the ships of Monaco .... you quickly realize that something is not right ... I do not understand how they can spend more polygons on a boat that polygons using asphalt for some circuits ... no no no, this is not right.

It is clear that they pay much more attention in the visual than in the simulation.

Just after 1.38 the driver is reaching something behind the wheel/ in the side of the cockpit - any ideas what that is?

I echo the comments saying they will be giving it a miss this time round, but im sure it will give a lot of people some fun, or at least spark interest into proper sim racing once the

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back