F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game Review (Xbox 360)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
This video takes you through every mode in Codemasters' new F1 2012 release for the Xbox 360.

It's an informal review and walkthrough for:

- Young Driver Test
- Season Challenge Mode
- Career Mode
- Champions Mode
- Multiplayer
- Misc Updates
- Overall thoughts

[youtube]

Is it worth it? If you're new to the series, I consider it one of the best racing games ever made. But is it worth upgrading from F1 2011? I believe the new modes, tracks and updates physics make it a "Yes", but decide for yourself.

This game was released on Sept. 18th in the Unites States, set for Sept. 21st in the UK. Please find the official game links below.

Also check out RaceDepartment's Official PC Review here.

Discuss F1 2012 in our F1 2012 forums.
View the Post on the Blog

That's nice, thanks! I would be very interested in knowing if AI cars also go through tire and fuel simulation during races in career mode. I.e., do they start heavy, do their tires wear down increasing their lap times etc? Any other important updates in career mode apart from removing 2 practice sessions (which is very unfortunate to me)?

That's nice, thanks! I would be very interested in knowing if AI cars also go through tire and fuel simulation during races in career mode. I.e., do they start heavy, do their tires wear down increasing their lap times etc? Any other important updates in career mode apart from removing 2 practice sessions (which is very unfortunate to me)?
Yes, P1 and P2 are removed, which is too bad but not a deal breaker for me personally. I am about to delve deeper into career mode, so I can't confirm anything concerning AI fire or fuel wear just yet.

Thanks David! That means a lot to me. Hope you're enjoying the release. Think there will be any changes needed for your doc?
I'm sure there will be....if I buy it!
I haven't actually purchased yet I'm holding off to see if it's more or less realistic physics wise than 2011.
I've loved 2011 and will only buy if I feel its a step forward in this regard. A couple of things are of concern: race distance ( I like 75%,) rear grip (too much traction?) tyre deg (all modelled @100% so the engineer might tell you stuff but unless you race 100% it doesnt matter) etc. I just had a feeling that "Features" may have overtaken physics.
I'm getting into Rfactor a bit and have this kind of want to race sims feeling just now.
The Xbox crew are getting their feet wet tonight and Ill see what they say.
Sorry for the long answer.

I'm sure there will be....if I buy it!
I haven't actually purchased yet I'm holding off to see if it's more or less realistic physics wise than 2011.
I've loved 2011 and will only buy if I feel its a step forward in this regard. A couple of things are of concern: race distance ( I like 75%,) rear grip (too much traction?) tyre deg (all modelled @100% so the engineer might tell you stuff but unless you race 100% it doesnt matter) etc. I just had a feeling that "Features" may have overtaken physics.
I'm getting into Rfactor a bit and have this kind of want to race sims feeling just now.
The Xbox crew are getting their feet wet tonight and Ill see what they say.
Sorry for the long answer.

Sounds good and reasonable. I am also a bit disappointed they narrowed the distance down to 25, 50 and 100% lengths. Not sure why they did that. I guess they figure season challenge mode covers the shorter options, but still, players should have access to as many options as they'd like.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%