1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

F1 2012 The Game: Patch #4 Available

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Tom, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

Important to note that this is only available on PC at this time. neither #3/4 have been released on console

3. wow Codemasters is actually patching now...and on the fly, yes there is always something wrong after each patch, but hey, I don't see any other companies patching as fast, and im glad they fixed the understeer, it was about time.

4. While patching is fine, why not wait another week and release a better finished product? To me, it makes the company look a little unprofessional..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Since CM is a big company and have theire hands tides with the FIA, they have to make deadlines...

6. Your statement kinda implies there have been two patches issued for consoles? Have there been any patches for the xbox 360? Thank you.:)

7. So. No real fix related to whether. I guess they think having more rain in the game than in rain forest is realistic to F1 seasons. Nice work! Better name for the game would be Jet Ski 2012.:cool:

8. Where can we download patch #4?

9. Via Steam only, unfortunately...

10. I have been getting understeer alot....hope this comes to xbox soon!

11. Adrian Britton

Adrian Britton
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Its good to see that they are actually doing something about the problems this time.

The more I play this title the more I am liking it.
    :thumbsup:

12. I asume version 1.2.3.0 is after patch 3 right ? If so, I can confirm that the blowout effect seems to be gone (at least I can use 4 flashbacks now) but the engine damage/smoke after the use of flashbacks still remains. FPS seems to be a little bit better, but still having FPS drops.. That huge AI fail where most of the cars go off track at turn 1 in Suzuka seems to be gone.

13. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Are we really talking about Codemasters patching here? What? The real Codemasters, like the one who brought out games in the past, updated once then let us to it? That codemasters?

Wow! I, I'm shocked!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    Part of tCreative.

There have been 2 patches, one on release day and one soon after

15. From where i can download ?

16. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

All verions, both DVD and Steam, work through Steam. So it's not a big deal.

17. I know. I have the DVD version.

And it is a big deal for owners who have no or limited internet at home.

18. I didnt think that there was a problem with understeer, people just tryna take corners too fast with bad setups

19. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Don't get me wrong but that's part of the minimum system requirements. I sincerely understand your issue but then again, if you don't / can't meet the minimum requirements you can't blame the developer for that (I understand you in particular don't blame CM, speaking in general). :)
      • Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 5400+
      • Memory:2 GB RAM
      • Graphics:AMD HD2600 or NVIDIA Geforce 8600
      • DirectX®:11
      • Hard Drive:15 GB HD space
      • Sound:Direct X compatible soundcard
      • Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
      • Additional:Supported Graphics Cards: AMD Radeon HD2600 or higher, HD3650 or higher, HD4550 or higher, HD5000 Series, HD6000 Series, HD7000 Series. nVidia GeForce 8600 or higher, 9500 or higher, GTX220 or higher, GTX400 Series, GTX500 Series, GTX600 Series. Intel HD Graphics 3000 or higher, AMD Fusion A8 or higher.

20. Look, I have internet now. But I am speaking on behalf of those many that do not. If you remember last year, I pointed out to Steve Hood that it's ridiculous that they didn't release standalone patches for the many people who cannot afford it because of cost constraints.

In the end they listened and we got the standalones. But I am not selfish enough to believe that just because I have internet now, that the thousands of people who still cannot afford it, are happy now. That'd be ignorant on my part.