F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Latest News & Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
That's not true. There is no 'additional time' required to get into F1. You simply do the young driver 'tutorial' and sign a contract. It will be 5 seasons again. People overreacting.

Okay, well yeah, i wasnt 100% sure as it hadn't been referenced to anything legit.

But how are you sure that its going to be 5 seasons again? they could go back to 7.

Thanks for the vid.

Will all 2011 owners be able to download it as a patch? :sneaky: Looks the same.
True but I really don't care about the graphics I mean does Fifa really change in graphics every single release. Anyway I am glad to see Adjustable Brake Bias, I think the leagues on F1 2012 are going to be a little bit more like real F1 with adjusting things on the wheel often, Engine, Brake, DRS, KERS which is going to be some fun :) but yeah it does look the same

But it still has the horrible limiter buzz and i bet its still got loads of input lag. The only game recently that i found not to have input lag on pc from Codemasters was Dirt2 that was really good with a wheel but Dirt3 was awful

Interesting track... It kinda seems like an anti-clockwise version of Korea+India to me. Very long too, I was expecting the lap to end at around 1:20 but it went on past 1:44 or something.

Other than that the game so far looks exactly the same, same graphics and ui elements. I know its WIP. I wish they would add some sort of spec for the asphalt though. It looks very flat in Codies' F1 games, does not respond to light at different angles.

The car physics look a little strange. The car has way too much turn-in but still a lot of grip. He's getting through the "esses" way too easily. And gaining traction, which in my opinion was one of the most poorly simulated elements in '11 still seems way too simple. I hope that when they said "the physics is going to be somewhere in between '10 and '11", they didn't mean difficulty, because '12 really seems too easy again. Then again, it's difficult to tell, because the driver clearly hasn't figured out the circuit all that well.
On the positive side: engine sound is better, adjusting break bias in the car is implemented and it seems that crossing the boundaries of the track isn't tolerated as much as it is in '11.

It looks great. Improvements ive seen:

Slightly updated graphics
KERS doesn't sem to be as powerful or make your car loud. Which Is a massive improvement
On the fly brake bias adjusting - thank f***
The rear end looks a lot more stable on high speed corners
it just looks in general harder to play, which is a good thing, and I'm seriously hoping that I won't be able to do 1:32's at Singapore ahah

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back