F1 2012 F1 2012 The Game: Latest News & Discussion

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
@Scott Webber I have nothing against him so I don't understand where you got that from. I don't agree with what he is saying (or what he is told to say to us) but that is something else.

Codemasters will always have a special place in my racing heart as I have massively enjoyed the TOCA series, DIRT 2 and F1 2010. Only disappointed with the lack of improvement in F1 2011 but now we know why that is.

I do share your disappointment over the fact that servers again are not supported. I can't find a good reason why they leave this out all the time. Maybe it extends the life of the game too much?

@Scott Webber I have nothing against him so I don't understand where you got that from. I don't agree with what he is saying (or what he is told to say to us) but that is something else.

Codemasters will always have a special place in my racing heart as I have massively enjoyed the TOCA series, DIRT 2 and F1 2010. Only disappointed with the lack of improvement in F1 2011 but now we know why that is.

I do share your disappointment over the fact that servers again are not supported. I can't find a good reason why they leave this out all the time. Maybe it extends the life of the game too much?
what give you the impression my post is something bad towards him? jeez i don't even know the guy, he's doing his job, i posted the facepalm picture, it isn't offensive nor rude, just a "DOH NOT AGAIN" moment.... i put your name in the convo as i know you would love to see dedicated servers just like me,

CM will always be in my heart to as i loved the first GRID and 2010 was part of my best racing experience..... they get me angry and annoyed but i do not passionately hate them, as that would be totally wrong to do so.

what give you the impression my post is something bad towards him? jeez i don't even know the guy, he's doing his job, i posted the facepalm picture, it isn't offensive nor rude, just a "DOH NOT AGAIN" moment.... i put your name in the convo as i know you would love to see dedicated servers just like me,

CM will always be in my heart to as i loved the first GRID and 2010 was part of my best racing experience..... they get me angry and annoyed but i do not passionately hate them, as that would be totally wrong to do so.

I'm feeling that Scott.

i put your name in the convo as i know you would love to see dedicated servers just like me,

+1 :)

I would like to know from them why don't they see this as an option. Why are they holding tight to a very ancient way of hosting games. With GFWL I could somehow understand but now they are going for Steam only I really don't get this.

Maybe they will release it as a feature in F1 2013 with lots of hype like they've just invented it.

How is that people can be complaining already? We know nothing about the game other than the vague lines that Hood has spoken. Shouldn't Codies getting a physics dude be a massive improvement to the game? Considering they made 2 pretty decent F1 games, if F12012 is managed by their physics guy then this years game will be MILES ahead of last years.

Bottom line is, people need to stop complaining.

T4RGA on CM forums:
"
Right now tyre temps play a much bigger part than previously. If you push the car you will struggle to keep the tyres in a decent operating temperature. This varies a little per car due to the balance makeup. Different teams have different tyre wear properties, front to rear and these can (in Career) be altered during the course of a season through upgrades. It's easier to lockup a tyre this year and whilst we're not looking to implement flatspots in 2012 the lockup spikes the tyre temperature causing grip loss until (if) it can be cooled.

That's as much info as I'm giving for now. Suffice to say tyres, and tyre management, was something we wanted to improve this year. "

Very good news for someone like me :p

T4RGA on CM forums:
"
Right now tyre temps play a much bigger part than previously. If you push the car you will struggle to keep the tyres in a decent operating temperature. This varies a little per car due to the balance makeup. Different teams have different tyre wear properties, front to rear and these can (in Career) be altered during the course of a season through upgrades. It's easier to lockup a tyre this year and whilst we're not looking to implement flatspots in 2012 the lockup spikes the tyre temperature causing grip loss until (if) it can be cooled.

That's as much info as I'm giving for now. Suffice to say tyres, and tyre management, was something we wanted to improve this year. "

Very good news for someone like me :p

And very bad news if the tyres - again, like F1 2011 - only affect you and not the AI. :(

Wow! I'm very glad that tyre temps are going to play a more prominent role this year. I would love to see them implement flatspotting, but since he said they're not looking to go down that road, then that's okay too. I just want a more involving racing experience, where I have to think about more than just driving around the track mindlessly.

I want to have to try and work out the AI's strategy on pits tops etc.
And I'm glad that there will be more of an effect for thrashing your car and it's tyres.

SHOULD BE GOOD!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 91 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.7%
  • < 5 years